VKB T Rudder MK 3 Manual

Moderator: AdminGroup

Spyboy

VKB T Rudder MK 3 Manual

Postby Spyboy » Mon Sep 05, 2016 18:18

Hi Jason
Can you point me in the direction of the above.
Gladiator arrived today. It looks to be the Business!
I have held off trying the pedals until now and when I come to set them up they have no instructions.
Regards
Spyboy

Bourrinopathe

Re: VKB T Rudder MK 3 Manual

Postby Bourrinopathe » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40

Hi Spyboy,

There's no T-Rudder-specific manual. The pedals are based on the common NJoy32 controller and you basically don't need to tweak anything to use them. Just plug'n play ;)
If you want to change some very specific settings, you'll have to use the VKB Device Config software.
There's a basic startup guide available - please check that sticky.

VKB is also still working on a new version of the T-Link software for the virtual toe brakes.

Feel free to ask any question in the forum if you need help with the configuration.

Otherwise, just connect the pedals and assign your axis in your favorite sim(s).
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Spyboy

Postby Spyboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:40

Hi Bourinnopathe
Thanks for the link, its mostly in Russian.
I have played RoF since 2011 and to a lesser extent IL2 BoS/BoM using Logitech 3d Pro as my controller.
Took the decision to upgrade and have VKB Gladiator and T Rudder MK3 all of which arrived a couple of days ago, Gladiator ordered on July 18!
So I wanted to configure everything, am I right in thinking I just plug pedals in to port on Gladiator, no need to use tinybox, then do I have to assign yaw to the pedals axis in game, or do I use Wizzo? How do you use Wizzo? The d/load link for Wizzo on this site doesn't work btw.
My impressions are that the products are excellent build quality, with a high degree of engineered sophistication that isn't backed up by idiot proof manuals. Maybe its just me that is the idiot, so any help greatly appreciated :D

Bourrinopathe

Postby Bourrinopathe » Wed Sep 07, 2016 16:32

Yes, most of the documentation is only available in Russian, but that will hopefully change in a near future.
(and, btw, I've also pulled my hair out while trying to understand the VKB Device Config ;) )

About connecting the T-Rudder to the Gladiator, I've only used the VKB Config Device until a few minutes ago, and WIZZO does the exact same job.
Here's what I've done (with the default profile, so the pedals axis is already pre-configured):

- unplug the Gladiator
- connect the pedals to the Gladiator
- plug the Gladiator back in
- start WIZZO and calibrate (start/move the axes/stop)
- kiss it goodbye (close)
- done

For whatever reason, WIZZO does not display the changing axis values (when I move the controls) right after I stopped the calibration. You can just close it and restart it, and you'll see your axes behaving as expected.
(and of course: no need to keep the TinyBox connected)

Now you just have to assign your axes in the sim of your choice and you're good to go.
My pedals axis is inverted when connected to the Gladiator. I don't know if it will be the same for you, but you can invert the axis using WIZZO (reverse switches) if it's required (don't forget to apply your settings) (the same thing can be achieved with the VKB Device Config).

Happy flying in RoF ;)
/// ВКБ Black Mamba MkIII / ВКБ T-Rudder MkII / ВКБ Gladiator / X-55 Rhino throttle / OpenTrack /// UTC +4 ///

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 0:03

T-Rudder Mk.III assembly instructions: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/T ... kGuide.pdf
Mk.IV: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/T ... kGuide.pdf

Gladiator unofficial basic guide: :wink: https://s16.postimg.org/y8ezn5vb9/Gladi ... _guide.png

Burrinopathe can do a better job in this. :D

aferg

Postby aferg » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:18

Jason, could you please check your StratoJet e-mails and see if my inquiries have come through, Thanks ,A Ferg.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”