How to install Warthog Adapter on Mamba

Moderator: AdminGroup

StarLordRick

Re: Instructions on how to install Warthog Adapter

Postby StarLordRick » Wed Apr 06, 2016 15:11

OH nice thank you for the post i was wondering what to do scratching my head lol. didnt even get to setup my joystick that arrived lastnight.

Azurith

Re: Instructions on how to install Warthog Adapter

Postby Azurith » Wed Apr 06, 2016 16:43

AWESOME, thanks! Will get the warthog .cfg on tonight and get testing :D

Satyrn

Re: How to install Warthog Adapter on Mamba

Postby Satyrn » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:23

Nice write up Jason.

I was able to accomplish the Warthog grip gimbal mount installation before I saw this, but the how-to to upload the Warthog profile was not something I had figured out. Worked like a charm!

One question I did have regarding the warthog grip adapter kit - I noticed an additional cam marked "W" Is that supposed to go onto the Y axis cam to assist countering the weight of the warthog since it leans a bit forward?

Additionally after updating the Black Mamba with the warthog profile the gear lights aren't working correctly. Top red is only lit up when switch is in the up position, top green and right green only when switch is in the lower position. It doesn't impede any functions just wanted to report.

Satyrn

Postby Satyrn » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:06

Stratojet-Jason wrote:Satyrn,
I'm not sure about the lights to be honest. I'll have to ask UIV about it.

As it happens this evening I reset the FBM back to default then reloaded the Warthog profile. The gear lights are now working without issue.

Marut

Postby Marut » Sat Apr 09, 2016 19:26

Followed the instructions and loaded the warthog profile; however, no programs seem to recognize any button presses on the stick, and the "Buttons wizard" in the configurator is grayed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind... took the stick apart and found that somehow one of the wires on the adapter had been clipped in the process of installation despite my best efforts. Anyone got any idea what gauge wire that uses so I can try and patch it up?

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:16

Marut wrote:Followed the instructions and loaded the warthog profile; however, no programs seem to recognize any button presses on the stick, and the "Buttons wizard" in the configurator is grayed out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind... took the stick apart and found that somehow one of the wires on the adapter had been clipped in the process of installation despite my best efforts. Anyone got any idea what gauge wire that uses so I can try and patch it up?

Please, upload photos of damage

Marut

Postby Marut » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:32

Pictures attached; clearly I must have slipped up when putting the warthog handle back together (I was careful to push the wires out of the way, but it did get jostled around some before the screws went back in), and the two halves clipped that green wire right in two. I can built computers, rifles, and networks from the ground up, but I try upgrading a joystick and I epic fail ;)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Mon Apr 11, 2016 13:56

There are two solutions for solving this problem:
1) visit repair shop and ask repair broken wires, it's easy to repair.
2) we can help you and change your broken wire to new one, but need time for delivery from China to USA.

Marut

Postby Marut » Mon Apr 11, 2016 16:12

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for an electronics repair shop in the area, but they seem to be extinct where I am - don't even have Radio Shack anymore. I'll keep looking, but if there's a replacement piece I can buy I'd gladly do that regardless of whatever wait time is needed. Thank you so much for the response!

StarLordRick

Postby StarLordRick » Thu Apr 28, 2016 19:51

thats an easy solder job

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”