Dual Stick Global Shift

Moderator: AdminGroup

LuckyDuals

Dual Stick Global Shift

Postby LuckyDuals » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:16

Hi,

I spent a couple hours googling, looking at the manual, and searching the forums to try and figure out how to get a global shift from my left stick to effect my right stick as well.

I have two NXT EVO, and want my left stick pinky button to control shift 1 across both the left and right stick.

Everything I've found in my searches tells me to use a program called "z-link" which I can't find on the downloads page. I don't know how else to get the "AdrH" and "AdrL" numbers that the manual for device config says I need. At this point I'm considering using Joystick gremlin because it's a much simpler process.

I've tried setting virtual bus and global shifts on the right stick and adding either "Gladiator Stick" or "SCG" as an external device on the left stick, but it doesn't work. I'm assuming because I need the numbers.

Could I please have step by step instructions on how to set this up?

Additionally, is it possible to also have the right pinky button control shift 2 across both sticks? That way I can have one global shift triggered by the left stick and one global shift triggered by the right stick.

Thanks!

fallout9

Re: Dual Stick Global Shift

Postby fallout9 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:13

Z-Link is still in beta and haven't been updated lately, so it wouldn't recognize the EVOs.

LuckyDuals

Postby LuckyDuals » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:33

Does that mean there's no way I can set up a global shift in VKB Dev Config?

TheGeek

Postby TheGeek » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:21

I would like to do the same thing but with two Gunfighter III bases. How is this done?

LuckyDuals

Postby LuckyDuals » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:31

If the vkb dev cfg tool can't do it, the only way I know how is to use vJoy and Joystick gremlin to map the sticks to a single virtual joystick.

LuckyDuals

Postby LuckyDuals » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:52

Just bumping one more time to see if anyone has found a solution for this, otherwise I'll let it go.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:34

Look here, Shift works for both.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”