help with setting up MCG III PRO in DCS

Moderator: AdminGroup

cgz

help with setting up MCG III PRO in DCS

Postby cgz » Sat Jan 09, 2021 23:25

I apologize from the start as being brand new to this great joystick{ for 5 days}and to dcs. I have about 2000 actual flying hours in civil aircraft so I understand basic control functions. However despite reading the config manual, reading all pertinent posts and watching many videos I have only accomplished basic axes and single buttons mapped to keyboard. Cannot figure how to get the brake lever recognized to use this and the hats or ministicks are completely beyond my grasp.
Can anyone point me to any information source that provides answers to my dilemma? stick is calibrated and all axes show in config and vkb button
thanks Greg

fallout9

Re: help with setting up MCG III PRO in DCS

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 23:42

Hi Greg, what problems exactly are you encountering when trying to bind those controls?

cgz

Postby cgz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 23:19

I would like to take full advantage of all buttons and hats on the mcg pro and specifically for the dcs hornet. I have done some mapping of buttons to keyboards with success but not fully understanding how to set up the hat and and multi directional things. I tried for manvr and on button presses only see two buttons 15 and 17 and appears to be missing the rest as seen in button tester.
currently do not have any throttle unit so need to use all aspects of the stick that is possible
Thanks Greg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:08

Which grip do you have, the MCG or MCG Pro? The manvr button hat has 2 buttons on the MCG grip and 5 buttons on the MCG Pro grip.

cgz

Postby cgz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 0:29

mcg pro; tried to set up the master mode for a trim action for y axis and do see this action in dcs but very slow; should this action be set up in vkb config first and then in dcs?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47

First make sure you're properly calibrated like here. Then, if you want to use the Master Mode in axes mode and want the axes to be 'faster' then do the changes as below (change it to x4 or x8 in marked red square) and press Set.

Return to “Manuals and Howtos”