VKB WWII Setup Marching In

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

VKB WWII Setup Marching In

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:29

3_21_01_2022.jpg

KG12.
The legendary Knuppelgriff of the legendary Messerschmitt Bf 109.
It started a whole family of plane control grips and underwent a host of modifications during decades it was in service.
No wonder it was KG12 that years ago we chose for our Gladiator joystick.
Like the original, our KG12 has gone through heavy re-designing and re-engineering.
Now it is back, mounted on Gladiator NXT.
Sticking to this famous grip model we pay our respect to the whole era of piston aircrafts.
No matter how re-designed it is, it is still a replica, and as such it delivers the carefully preserved spirit of the times gone.
We tried hard to make sure you have the most immersive gaming experience with this grip.

Now, here it cometh, the New VKB KG12 grip.

1_21_01_2022.jpg

Outside:

Beefier.
    Made of better, higher grade, more durable and more solid industrial grade plastic.
    With rugged sides.
    With a stock twist adapter.
    It grew an extra trigger/brake lever over a lower button, a new button on the side, and got a better magnetic lock for the main flip trigger.
    Its thumb hat is smarter now, with a differently sculpted top, and ergonomically correct movements.

6_21_01_2022.jpg

Inside:

A world of difference.
    Internal design borrowed from our top class grips.
    All VKB trademark cable-free layout.
    Sturdily interconnected PCBs for extremely stable glitch-free performance.
    Uncompromising top quality original Japanese silent long travel Alps buttons.

But
What is more
Is that IT DOESN'T COME ALONE.

5_21_01_2022.jpg

The New KG12 is coming with a long-awaited WWII throttle control.
This barrel-shaped grip head sits in your hand like it was there forever.
Six buttons: two on the front side, two under the thumb, and two under the ends of the rocker for manual prop pitch control. (The original only sported two).

This throttle control grip proves VKB takes modularity seriously: structurally, it is a module for a module, and comes as an accessory for already well established GNX THQ.

2_21_01_2022.jpg

You got it right - it is a user-installable and user-replaceable accessory. You can fit your existing THQ with this grip head, and start flying piston planes (or civil airplanes, or GA, if you choose to). However it shines the brightest when it is lined up with another THQ; this way you can choose the plane you fly.

KG12 and the new throttle grip head make a great match, and can be purchased separately or as a set.
Please take your time checking out these several configurations we assembled for you.
However these are mere suggestions. You can configure your very own setup to fit your very own requirements.
Because it is your VKB. Your Universe.

These items have already been produced and prepared for release.
Available March 2022 - if the virus behaves itself.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Farah

Re: VKB WWII Setup Marching In

Postby Farah » Fri Jan 21, 2022 15:46

Something is wrong, I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening!

SimpleSimon

Postby SimpleSimon » Fri Jan 21, 2022 16:43

Oooh throttle grip.
How wide is the actual grip?

Guess I can finally replace my Logitech throttle quadrant.

I know the nxt is the current darling of the line up but that kg12 really should be shown on your 200mm extension. ;)

rush614

Postby rush614 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09

Will the new KG12 be compatible with Gunfighter III base connector and would it be possible to purhase just a grip to replace previous verision of KG12 on the Gunfighter III?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:34

Yes, the new KG12 grip will be compatible with the GunFighter base too.

Maetharin

Postby Maetharin » Mon Jan 31, 2022 15:46

The KG12 and the new throttle look awesome!

Will the KG12 grip also be compatible with the Gladiator Mk II with the upgrade Kit lite?
IIRC it is a Rev. B connector, so at least physically it should be possible so now the only question is whether the internals can handle it?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 0:33

Yes, it would be compatible with the Gladiator MKII. There comes the full circle, isn't it? :)

Reptile92

Postby Reptile92 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 16:49

will the flip trigger be like the « old » one, or act as a button too, in order to map it in the sim ?

However, this is a great news

ecnahc

Postby ecnahc » Sun Feb 06, 2022 13:28

I am excited for these new accessories since the NXT has been really ideal for Space Sims, but in WWII sims it often feels lacking.
Can I ask, is the trigger on the new grip metal? I have read that the SCG does not have a metal trigger because of design concerns. If the KG12 has a metal trigger I am instantly sold. My last question likely comes down to similar concern over stressing the base. Could this Gladiator NXT KG12 Grip potentially be extended? Or is extension undesirable, and warranty breaking, no matter the grip? I have seen user created Gladiator NXT extensions on Etsy (Their Z Extension has been doing quite well until the official one starts shipping) that I stayed far away from. I appreciate the Gladiator's low-cost, so I don't mind the limitations for such a great design. I just really want to center mount an extended gladiator with 2 THQs and the new WWII throttle, then feel cold metal on my forefinger when I pull the trigger to fire. One day, if it's possible. [Without unlicensed 3D printed modifications on Etsy]

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 21:55

We like modders and people finding new ways to exploit our joysticks, but there's always a risk in that. Not because they don't know what they're doing, but they don't have any technical data at hand, like the stress limits for the materials and no means to test their creations under high stress. So we could only salute them, but not endorse them.
At this time, there's no official plans to add a straight extension to the Gladiator NXT.

AstroNomad

Postby AstroNomad » Tue Feb 08, 2022 14:50

Well done, I am most excited about the prospect of more silent switches and better industrial plastic -- the old KG12 was a disappointing experience when I first tried it in terms of the general "thumpiness" of the buttons and how hollow it made the whole grip feel. Nonetheless, it was always the most charming grip. :)

Is the bottom lever the same as in the F14 grip?
------
Right: GF MkIII
Left: Gf MkI
Feet: VKB T-Rudders <3

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 0:43

It is the same system, yes.

Masque

Postby Masque » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:18

This is super exciting. Does the barrel slide over to allow individual throttle operation? Or is there a central seam?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:45

It does not. It's a handle that is using 2 throttle levers for stability reasons.

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:48

Is it going to be the same way for TECS? I'd hate to see one extra axis taken up for the same reason.

Return to “Official announcements”