Build Your Own Flight Control System with GNX Modular Product Line

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 20, 2021 13:24

Zaglav.jpg

Very soon (hours, not months!) VKB dealers will start receiving orders for the new extension modules.
Words fail to tell how happy and fulfilled we feel.
Please in the meantime read the following information: not only it will help you better organize your cockpit, but also better understand what exactly devices and accessories you need to put in your cart.

A brief guide

 SEM - Side Extension Module, tabletop

14_SEM_4SH_750_1_2.jpg

Can be connected side by side to:
- SEM modules (max number of SEM modules in system – 4)
- THQ modules (max number of THQ modules in system – 4)
- GNX joystick base (from either side)
Can be connected from the front* to:
- MFH arm
_____
* Front side is the one looking away from the gamer

 SEM - Side Extension Module, vertical

17_SEM-V_4SH_1024_1.jpg

- Mounts on the MFH arm, therefore cannot connect side by side to GNX base but can connect to SEM-vertical and THQ-vertical
 THQ – Throttle Quadrant, tabletop

15_THQ_4SH_750_2.jpg

Can be connected side by side to:
- SEM modules (max number of SEM modules in system – 4)
- THQ modules (max number of THQ modules in system – 4)
- GNX joystick base (from either side)
Can be connected from the front to:
- MFH arm

 THQ – Throttle Quadrant, vertical

18_THQ-V_4SH_750_1.jpg

- Mounts on the MFH arm, therefore cannot connect side by side to GNX base but can connect to SEM-vertical and THQ-vertical

 FSM-GA – Front Switchboard Module for General Aviation

16_FSM-GA_4SH_750_1.jpg

- Mounts on the MFH arm, therefore cannot connect side by side to other modules

 MFH – Multi Functional Holder Arm

22_MFH_4SH_750_1.jpg

- Designed to support vertical SEM or THQ as well as FSM modules connected to tabletop ones
- Does not connect to GNX base
- Holds smartphones, tablets, keyboards, etc., if no extension module is mounted

 GNX-HID USB-controller

21_Controller_4SH_750.jpg

- Designed to be installed in SEM, THQ, FSM modules of all versions
- Allows to connect the modules to USB ports of the computer
- 1.8m USB cable (Type-A)-(Type-C) included

 !!WARNING!!
• MODULES CAN BE USB-CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER AND/OR TO GNX BASE.
• MODULES CANNOT BE USB-CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER WITHOUT A GNX-HID USB-controller.

 IMPORTANT:
WINDOWS on-board DirectInput only allows 8 axes per one joystick.
In case there are more than 8 axes in you configuration, you need a GNX-HID USB controller (and another one if there are more than 2x8=16 axes). Example: for 8 axes you need no GNX-HID USB controller. For 9 to 16 axes you need one GNX-HID USB controller, for 17 to 24 you need two GNX-HID USB controllers, etc.

 IMPORTANT:
In some gaming environments the ONLY way to have more than 8 axes is to have a separate GNX-HID USB controller for every 8 axes.
We strongly recommend to have enough GNX-HID USB controllers (might be a good idea to buy an extra one, and keep it in your toolbox just in case: it costs less than its shipment does!)
However for those strong of heart and experienced in overclocking our engineers created a firmware possibility to have TWO virtual controllers on board of one physical GNX-HID USB controller.
Example: your configuration includes 10 axes and 50 buttons. In this case, the first virtual controller will take care of 8 axes plus 50 buttons; the second one will host the remaining 2 axes (and 0 buttons, as it is only possible to migrate axes between virtual controllers – buttons always stay on the first one).
This firmware enhancement may not work in some games; if it doesn't work in your game of choice you will need to get one more physical GNX-HID USB controller.

 GNX EcoSystem Accessories

Plastic spacer

plastic_pads_4SH_750.jpg

If you have already stuck the non-slip rubber feet to the bottom of your modules, but later decided to fix the module with a screw, a spacer will remove the gap between the module bottom and the surface thus allowing rigid and reliable fixing.

Intermodular Reinforcing Plate

MetalSQ_4SH_750.jpg

Serves for more strong and rigid connection between the parts of your GNX assembly. You must use it if you have 3 or more interconnected modules.

Module to GNX base (L) Reinforcing Plate

L_metall_4SH_750.jpg

Serves for more strong and rigid connection between the extension module and the GNX base, if the module is connected to the left side of the base. You must use it if you have 3 or more interconnected modules.

Module to GNX base (R) Reinforcing Plate

R_metall_4SH_750.jpg

Serves for more strong and rigid connection between the extension module and the GNX base, if the module is connected to the right side of the base. Use it if you have 3 or more interconnected modules.

BUS (Type-C)-(Type-C) Interface Cable

wire1_4SH_750.jpg

Connects vertical modules to table top ones. WARNING (RE-ISSUED): this cable may NOT be used to connect modules to the computer USB ports.

BUS (Type-C)-(JST2.0-4) Interface Cable

wire2_4SH_750.jpg

Connects vertical modules to table top ones. WARNING (RE-ISSUED): this cable may NOT be used to connect modules to the computer USB ports.

Summarizing all the above...
Sales start from individual modules. It is a very important stage for us, as we need to see and structurize the demand, and based on that we will reasonably soon start offering pre-assembled setups that will save you a lot of time - and possibly some cash, too.
Please find some time to share your opinions!

All_Modules2.jpg
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Pyremius

Re: Build Your Own Flight Control System with GNX Modular Product Line

Postby Pyremius » Wed Oct 20, 2021 16:56

Looks great. One configuration question for the moment:

I have a pair of Gladiator NXT Premiums. If I want to add a single SEM to each, I do not need any other parts, but might want to get the Module to GNX base reinforcing plates for extra strength (once I decide where to place the SEMs) - is this correct?

fid0rka

Postby fid0rka » Wed Oct 20, 2021 17:20

Can you please explain more the connection method? As you wrote "MODULES CANNOT BE USB-CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER WITHOUT A GNX-HID USB-controller" , do we need to buy a "GNX-HID USB-controller" for each GNX module and install it inside the devices? Whats "GNX BUS Connection" ? Thanks for the info

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Wed Oct 20, 2021 17:23

So if I would like to add SEM and THQ to my existing GNX Premium, I need a GNX-HID to be on the safe side. The remaining question is how much.

Bartz

Postby Bartz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 17:39

So if i already have the glad NXT and want to add 2x Tabletop THQ 1x Tabletop SEM and the FSM im going to need 1 USB controller for the extra axes and 1 C-C cable to connect the FSM right?

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:01

The US store is now on but ships to only US and Canada. AliExpress still not listed.. :( :( :(

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:22

So, if I have this right, in order to have a standalone front panel (not as sidecars to a GNX stick) I would need:

One each of:

MFH
SEM
FSM
HID controller

And I could connect the SEM to the FSM to the HID (or FSM to SEM to HID) and then screw it all to the MFH and connect it all to the PC, and it would run me just over $200 US.

It's about double what I was hoping to pay, but if I always paid what I hoped to, I would have gotten a Porsche 911 for the price of my VW Beetle.

OldGangster

Postby OldGangster » Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:25

It's VERY confusing !
I don't have a Gladiator but a GFIII.
I want to add one THQ-tabletop, one SEM-vertical and one FSM-GA, all of them connected to the PC.
What is the connecting chain ?
Modules connected between them with cables (wich ones ?) and only one USB cable to the PC ?
Or three USB cables to the PC ? (Evidently I'd rather prefer only one USB cable to the PC)
How many GNX-HID USB controllers ?
What should I really buy ?

Hoping for a prompt answer so I can buy them in Europe today before they are out of stock !
I'll also buy T-rudder in the same time, so i'll fully VKB equiped !
Thanks
Last edited by OldGangster on Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ionshard

Postby Ionshard » Wed Oct 20, 2021 18:38

Looking to purchase an SEM to attach to my Gladiator. But the Gladiator is on a UCM desk mount and thus the SEM will be unsupported from the bottom. Is this a supported arrangement for the SEM and should I pick up the reinforced mount even though I will only be using 1 module?

maatz

Postby maatz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 19:58

When will the hardware be available in the EU store?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 20:22

Pyremius wrote:Looks great. One configuration question for the moment:

I have a pair of Gladiator NXT Premiums. If I want to add a single SEM to each, I do not need any other parts, but might want to get the Module to GNX base reinforcing plates for extra strength (once I decide where to place the SEMs) - is this correct?

No need for reinforcements for just 1 or 2 modules attached to 1 GNX.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 20:26

fid0rka wrote:Can you please explain more the connection method? As you wrote "MODULES CANNOT BE USB-CONNECTED DIRECTLY TO THE COMPUTER WITHOUT A GNX-HID USB-controller" , do we need to buy a "GNX-HID USB-controller" for each GNX module and install it inside the devices? Whats "GNX BUS Connection" ? Thanks for the info

You'll need 1 GNX-HID USB Controller for the device that connects to USB. You could attach slaves to that device until you get to 8 axes. After 8 axes you have to add another GNX-HID USB Controller.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 20:27

Bartz wrote:So if i already have the glad NXT and want to add 2x Tabletop THQ 1x Tabletop SEM and the FSM im going to need 1 USB controller for the extra axes and 1 C-C cable to connect the FSM right?

That's right!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 20:28

Kanok wrote:The US store is now on but ships to only US and Canada. AliExpress still not listed.. :( :( :(

Sorry about that, Ali is kinky like that. Hopefully it'll be updated in the next China working day.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 20:45

Ionshard wrote:Looking to purchase an SEM to attach to my Gladiator. But the Gladiator is on a UCM desk mount and thus the SEM will be unsupported from the bottom. Is this a supported arrangement for the SEM and should I pick up the reinforced mount even though I will only be using 1 module?

This is not advisable without a plate underneath them both. The modules are supposed to get attached to the UCM brackets; brackets with holes will appear in shops these days, but until then you could drill your own holes if you're handy.

Return to “Official announcements”