Build Your Own Flight Control System with GNX Modular Product Line

Moderator: AdminGroup

rush614

Re: Build Your Own Flight Control System with GNX Modular Product Line

Postby rush614 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19

My goal is to have two vertical (SEM + THQ) and two horizontal THQs mounted on a Short Stronghold mount.

Can I install GNX modules on the VKB Short Stronghold mount? Do I need MFH holder for it? If yes, then which adaptor plate should I order?

I assume I'll also need two HID USB adaptors? Do I need to order additional cables/plates?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:22

Sorry, the hardware for connecting the modules to UCM system is not ready yet. At this moment only desktop or MFH works.

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:57

FedEx has notified the drop off my THQ and SEM. Assembly works tonight.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Sat Nov 13, 2021 15:46

I received the SEM last night, so I set it up, but while I was doing various things with the wrong axis settings, the SEM was not recognized by the PC, and after that, I was at a loss because it was not recognized no matter what I did. However, I deleted all the VKB firmware etc., downloaded the latest firmware and boot loader again, and flashed it, and it came to be recognized.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:05

Speaking of which, there was an image of UFC type FSM with a landing gear lever in the image of TECS, but it seems that such a thing is also being considered. I really want it to be commercialized.

Jac92071

Postby Jac92071 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 19:19

So I've had my SEM-V for about a few days now. Is there a way to configure the landing gear leds to work with the flaps axis instead of the landing gear axis. It makes more sense for me to have those axis positions in the other spot and I'd like the leds to work in conjunction with the way I have the mapped

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 20:38

The 3 LEDs are 15, 16, 17 in Global/External/LEDs. If you look there you'll see they're attached to some certain buttons - these buttons belong to the Landing Gear axis. Go to Profile/Buttons/Physical Layer, identify the number of your Flaps axis buttons and operate the changes in LEDs section.

Pikkon38

Postby Pikkon38 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 0:15

One thing that I have found is that with the currently supplied parts, its impossible to have a Gladiator - THQ - SEM - Gladiator. Each module only comes with 1 coupler. So if you buy two modules you get two couplers but technically you need 3. So you really cant connect two gladiators to any extension module. And you cant buy more couplers on their store. Please fix this.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 0:19

The coupler will show up in stores in a few days.

Pikkon38

Postby Pikkon38 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:26

Thats awesome to hear! the only problem for me now is I have to spend 45-65 USD for shipping in order to get one little plastic part. I wish each side module would come with two couplers.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:56

Pikkon38 wrote:One thing that I have found is that with the currently supplied parts, its impossible to have a Gladiator - THQ - SEM - Gladiator. Each module only comes with 1 coupler. So if you buy two modules you get two couplers but technically you need 3. So you really cant connect two gladiators to any extension module.

Both SEM and THQ include cables between internal modules and cables from internal modules to the joystick. I think there are enough cables, but what's missing?

Pikkon38

Postby Pikkon38 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:07

hiro29nov wrote:
Pikkon38 wrote:One thing that I have found is that with the currently supplied parts, its impossible to have a Gladiator - THQ - SEM - Gladiator. Each module only comes with 1 coupler. So if you buy two modules you get two couplers but technically you need 3. So you really cant connect two gladiators to any extension module.

Both SEM and THQ include cables between internal modules and cables from internal modules to the joystick. I think there are enough cables, but what's missing?

Digitally yes, you can connect them just fine. Im talking physically using the plastic couplers. The marketing material shows you being able to physically couple two gladiators with extension modules between them, but you dont get any plastic couplers with the gladiators (at least you didnt when i bought mine a while back) and you only get one per extension module. So you are always 1 coupler short.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:13

Does that mean you want to control Gladiator --THQ --SEM --Gladiator with a single USB?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:00

That's not possible. Only a single controller could exist within a unit (that means either a Gladiator NXT or a GNX HID controller). If he's mechanically connecting 2 Gladiators and some modules they can't get all linked electrically. In a unit like that there will be at least 2 USB cables.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:49

I finally understood. It was a plastic coupler for joining. I misunderstood that it was a cable. I'm sorry.
Certainly, I think it would be nice to have two, including spares. Me too

Return to “Official announcements”