VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jack Mcslay

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby Jack Mcslay » Sat Aug 20, 2022 15:07

Dixonsky wrote:One of the buttons on my X56 just failed. I'm going to need VKB to get a move on.

Usually that cat be fixed with a soldering iron and a $1 microswitch, though

ChimpoJono

Postby ChimpoJono » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:00

No update on TECS after nearly 2 years...? Is TECS even going to happen anymore? VKB isn't exactly doing poorly, despite claims of how they were impacted by "2020" and by China's poor policies. Seems like they honestly aren't concerned with how consumers feel because they have enough people saying "I'll just sit here till I die if I have to, and even then I'll still gib VKB my money". Kindly give us an update, because most of us are ready to move on and buy from a competitor.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Sep 10, 2022 15:54

We're working on it - there is pretty much nothing new in this reply, unfortunately. We can't stop people from buying other makers' throttle, obviously, as people have their plans, and care not about others' reasons, which is understandable and totally justified.
There are surely reasons and circumstances, but we are not going to complain, we just keep working and getting closer by the day.
Asking people to be patient doesn't work :) so all I can say is that we will deliver as soon as everything is ready.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Spitflier

Postby Spitflier » Sun Sep 11, 2022 0:06

I think most people would appreciate some sort of update, even if it is just a brief engineer's diary with a picture/render from latest prototype/design. Maybe at least once a month? It shouldn't take that much time :wink:

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:33

For very obvious reasons we will never leak anything that can be stolen.
So please bear! :)))
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Jac92071

Postby Jac92071 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 16:33

ChimpoJono wrote:No update on TECS after nearly 2 years...? Is TECS even going to happen anymore? VKB isn't exactly doing poorly, despite claims of how they were impacted by "2020" and by China's poor policies. Seems like they honestly aren't concerned with how consumers feel because they have enough people saying "I'll just sit here till I die if I have to, and even then I'll still gib VKB my money". Kindly give us an update, because most of us are ready to move on and buy from a competitor.

I'm starting to think TWS will launch before we get anymore info on TECS other than "It's coming". Decided I couldn't continue to hold out for something that I don't even know is real and went to the other V brand for a new throttle and couldn't be happier. IF, and that seems like a big if, TECS is released I may consider swapping but it's not gonna be an easy sell

Knightcrawler

Postby Knightcrawler » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:59

ChimpoJono wrote:No update on TECS after nearly 2 years...? Is TECS even going to happen anymore? VKB isn't exactly doing poorly, despite claims of how they were impacted by "2020" and by China's poor policies. Seems like they honestly aren't concerned with how consumers feel because they have enough people saying "I'll just sit here till I die if I have to, and even then I'll still gib VKB my money". Kindly give us an update, because most of us are ready to move on and buy from a competitor.

As much as "2020" affected VKB, I think there are even more serious concerns for our favorite controller company now. Heart-breaking concerns that are not appropriate to discuss here. I think officially they moved to China a while back, but I'm sure it is far more complicated than just that.

Yeah, I want this product as well. I suppose I am fortunate to have no immediate need for it, but I still wanna buy one or two right now. Let's just be sensitive to the legal minefield they have to navigate right now.

blunt_waco

Postby blunt_waco » Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:34

AeroGator wrote:We're working on it - there is pretty much nothing new in this reply, unfortunately. We can't stop people from buying other makers' throttle, obviously, as people have their plans, and care not about others' reasons, which is understandable and totally justified.
There are surely reasons and circumstances, but we are not going to complain, we just keep working and getting closer by the day.
Asking people to be patient doesn't work :) so all I can say is that we will deliver as soon as everything is ready.

Yes you can stop us buying from others, by telling us roughly when it will be released :D Hopefully before Christmas :wink:

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Sep 18, 2022 17:32

I can tell you with great certainty that they'll release it before Christmas.....

Now WHICH Christmas is anyone's guess!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

mobbmann

Postby mobbmann » Tue Oct 04, 2022 19:15

I'm still very interested in this throttle. I have a Virpil Mongoose CM3 throttle and its ok but there are some things that are lacking, like the inability to map Keyboard presses to the buttons without third party software. the second issue that ive had with the virpil throttle is the dampner on the throttles is nowhere near as good as the dampner on the VKB devices. the third issue is the ridiculously cheap pingy sounding buttons on the virpil throttle. So for those reasons I'm really looking forward to this throttle with the hopes that the software will be as powerful as ever, the dampner/dry clutch will be as expected from vkb and the buttons are similar to the MCG Ultimate (quiet and tactile).

jymp

Postby jymp » Sat Oct 22, 2022 17:30

At least a photo of the latest prototype would be nice

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Sat Oct 22, 2022 19:09

Heh, good luck with that. You're more likely to see a photo of Sasquatch.

Fermium257

Postby Fermium257 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 18:35

jymp wrote:At least a photo of the latest prototype would be nice

At this point, I don't even think there IS a prototype anymore. Going on 3 years, and a bunch of other stuff has come out since. All we've seen are renderings. They've put out pictures of their other stuff before release, but this gets nearly nothing? I dunno. I don't know how it would benefit them to keep up the ruse, but it really looks like it's vaporware. It's extremely frustrating for the people that are trying to hold out on buying a new throttle.

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu Nov 03, 2022 20:53

The more time passes, the more I think the same thing.

zeddikus

Postby zeddikus » Sat Nov 05, 2022 16:58

My dear VKB guys (and ladies?) Christmas is just around the corner, and my wife needs to know what I want for presents.
I would have something in mind, maybe you could help? :wink:

Return to “Official announcements”