VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

Fri13

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby Fri13 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 0:51

That is what makes me sad always to hear again, and again....

As MCG Pro would be a perfect helicopter collective head for me for left side.

EnderR2

Postby EnderR2 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:43

Have we slipped from the lunar new year comment made 8 months ago? Its coming across as a low priority product even though there is a substantial demand, and a limited supply of quality throttles on the market.

Pikkon38

Postby Pikkon38 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:33

Any updates on this? I cannot wait!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Nov 19, 2021 17:47

Pikkon38 wrote:I cannot wait!

We, too. So we are working on it, and it will be served when ready.
:)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

EnderR2

Postby EnderR2 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:41

And how goes that work? I am still interested, but after a year of limited updates and few details, my level of excitement is starting to wander toward other options currently on the market.

Masque

Postby Masque » Sat Nov 20, 2021 15:03

Tradestealer wrote:As a left hand pilot interested in the left handed Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ w/ MCG Ultimate Grip,
will there be a VKB TECS: Modular Throttle made for the right hand?

Handedness and piloting rarely go together. The armed forces make planes in one configuration. And the most popular general aviation aircraft are right-hand throttle!

Pilots just gotta pilot.

Also, please don’t make any product suggestions. VKB is distractible enough as it is :lol:

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Sat Nov 20, 2021 15:38

Yeah, I'd love an a metal Kosmosima Ultimate, but I haven't suggested such a thing so as to not distract them.

Oops.

kissTheSky

Postby kissTheSky » Sat Nov 20, 2021 17:00

AeroGator wrote:
Pikkon38 wrote:I cannot wait!

We, too. So we are working on it, and it will be served when ready.
:)

@AeroGator, on another forum I read that TECS will not be the best choice when it comes to WWII single engine warbirds, mostly because of the fact that it will not have enough analog axes.

That being the case, are there any plans to have a means to connect THQ and/or SEM to the BlackBox (I assume TECS will come with a BlackBox)? Also, for us that already have a GF base, will it be possible to connect TECS to the existing BlackBox?

Apologies if these details are previously indulged, I’m relatively new to VKB ecosystem.
Thanks

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Nov 21, 2021 14:52

kissTheSky wrote:on another forum I read that TECS will not be the best choice when it comes to WWII single engine warbirds.....

I can't talk about what was said on a different forum I wasn't even given a link to, sorry.

kissTheSky wrote:That being the case, are there any plans to have a means to connect THQ and/or SEM to the BlackBox (I assume TECS will come with a BlackBox)? Also, for us that already have a GF base, will it be possible to connect TECS to the existing BlackBox?

Yes absolutely. The whole thing about modularity is that everything fits everywhere - well, not really everything and everywhere, but you got the idea :) And you're very right, the blackbox is exactly the thing. We haven't introduced this function right now because there is a fat chunk of coding job to do, and it is months not even weeks to deal with it, you know writing all firmwares, testing, bugging, fine combing, testing on a big group, re-bugging, etc. in circles, but it is all going to happen, and it is high on our list.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

kissTheSky

Postby kissTheSky » Sun Nov 21, 2021 15:23

I didn’t give a link because it was presented as a direct quote from VKB by another user. The below is what was posted, and since VKB sometimes posts information on Reddit that does not get posted here, and the fact that poster on other forum is a Russian speaker, I thought he may have gotten the quote from either Reddit or a Russian language forum/sources.

"We're not going to do a WW2-style body kit for TECS. It is too modern and technological. And it does not have enough axles to fully work with piston aircraft."

Perhaps it puts in into a better context for you.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:38

kissTheSky wrote:a better context for you.

Even worse, in fact :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Someone somewhere said he had seen something some of VKB said, and here he re-posted those words as he remembered them...
You know it is not anything to give attention to.

Even if some of VKB indeed said something of the kind. We sometimes chat with the users like we think aloud - inviting opinions and feedback to chew over, and return to the same forum to re-discuss it. Which is nowhere near making announcements or giving official promises.

However let's let this topic go, who said what and where matters not. What functions will be implemented in the TECS - does matter. :)
Like I said, we collect opinions and feedback in all possible ways and manners. What we implement in the final product may or may not be based on those opinions, but no voice goes unheard, this is what I want to make you sure of.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Dambala

Postby Dambala » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:59

Hey VKB team, just a question or input for the upcoming TECS. I play with a Hosasat (what a short form :D ) I hope the grip will be slightly rotatable for better ergonomics for the left position next to my left Kosmosima.
Just as a sample, a bad ergonomics for a Dualstick user:
orionv10.jpg
{not my pic, Pic from forums.eagle.ru, USER: FZG_Immel}
Best regards and stay healthy

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 22:42

If you use the UCM as your mount, the throttle base has a central pivot point and the entire throttle can rotate a few (10?) degrees left or right of center. I use a TWCS alongside a SCG/GF for my left side HOTASAS, and that small amount of rotation works perfectly.

Dambala

Postby Dambala » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20

I don't use the UCM. I use a table-holder system from another manufacture and switch end of the year to a chair-mounting system. Better to make the grip rotatable or some forms of different mounting plates that will make self builders or sim rig's owner also happy.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 23:58

Dambala wrote:I don't use the UCM. I use a table-holder system from another manufacture and switch end of the year to a chair-mounting system. Better to make the grip rotatable or some forms of different mounting plates that will make self builders or sim rig's owner also happy.

Why should the grips firm design to be made more complex so it can be rotated by those that build own rigs, or use some third party plates?

How about those who want the angle to be larger and to right, instead to the left? Again, designing a dual throttle that both can rotate to opposite directions is just... Not flexible... Better just offer other kind grips as those are after all coming.

It is after all easier to drill new holes to plate, or use an adapter (another plate between) than to redesign whole grip system to please some group.

Return to “Official announcements”