VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

TrueWeevie

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby TrueWeevie » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:34

You're done waiting then because from everything they've said in this thread (and you've read the thread haven't you? You didn't just lazily post at the end of the thread without reading it did you?) VKB almost certainly won't give an estimate or any further news until it's pretty much ready to be sold.

If your schedule and VKB's don't align, that's okay, get yourself a CM3 or a Super Taurus or an Orion, they're all good throttles and you'll like them. VKB aren't going to 'send the boys round' to give you a kicking! :lol:

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Thu Feb 10, 2022 13:19

And you, you don't understand the feeling of waiting people.

People can wait. It's what they've done.

But after waiting a few months/years without any news, they ask for any information. Not the release date but something. The problem is the lack of communication after having communicated too early on the project which seems not ready to release.

I have to change my warthog throttle. I waited for a VKB solution like others and invite some friends to wait. But at that time we know nothing. We don't know if the release is in one year or later. We don't know even if they still work on it.

At that time, if my warthog throttle dies (I have already some problems with some buttons), I will have no choice to buy a Virpil throttle.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 20:09

There's no news regarding the release date. Thank you for you patience, hope to see you back in a few months :)

K4ij00

Postby K4ij00 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 22:59

Hey, I'm in the same boat more or less than you are, although i've got a Thrustmaster TWCS which is a bit starting to give up on me...

Unfortunately, the competition product is also on backorder so I guess we're both praying that our current hardware lasts until VKB brings forth our salvation... :lol:

Hawk_SVK

Postby Hawk_SVK » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:03

TrueWeevie wrote: get yourself a CM3 or a Super Taurus or an Orion, they're all good throttles and you'll like them.

Yes that's what I am going to do, like tens of others already did. The only mistake on my side was waiting for so long. And after this "waiting experience" where they keep talking about trying to male a good quality while announcing, releasing and selling products we did not even know will come in 2017, VKB will be a second choice for me, because they really don't offer anything more than competition now, unless you want a budget stick with plastic gimbal or waiting forever for something that might never come.

Hawk_SVK

Postby Hawk_SVK » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:06

K4ij00 wrote: Unfortunately, the competition product is also on backorder so I guess we're both praying that our current hardware lasts until VKB brings forth our salvation... :lol:

I was told by multiple people that they recieved the "back order throttle" in 3-4 weeks, I will let you know, I ordered one.

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 21:30

I got mine in less than 2, even with a shipping delay in France. I'm happy with my choice.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Fri Feb 11, 2022 21:46

Hawk_SVK wrote:
TrueWeevie wrote: get yourself a CM3 or a Super Taurus or an Orion, they're all good throttles and you'll like them.

Yes that's what I am going to do, like tens of others already did. The only mistake on my side was waiting for so long. And after this "waiting experience" where they keep talking about trying to male a good quality while announcing, releasing and selling products we did not even know will come in 2017, VKB will be a second choice for me, because they really don't offer anything more than competition now, unless you want a budget stick with plastic gimbal or waiting forever for something that might never come.

Smart decision. You need a new throttle, you look at the market and see what's available in the right time frame and you pick the one that will suit. The CM3 (I think that's what you're getting) is a great throttle and you'll enjoy it. :wink:

As for the silly snark about the NXT, I have had my Gunfighter since 2017 (I have a 200mm extension and now an MCGU on top) but I've also had a Gladiator Mk II (I bought it to see if it was really as good for the money as people were saying it was) and honestly, when compared with my unextended Gunfighter (it had an MCG Pro on it back then) I still really enjoyed using it. I preferred my Gunfighter obviously but the Gladiator Mk II was a really nice stick to use. I doubt if VKB have made things worse with the NXT and it will be even more durable now with the glass fibre reinforced gimbal (and since the Gladiator line have a similar mechanical design to the CH Products sticks they'll be decades-wise durable).

I get you're frustrated but saying 'plastic gimbal' in such a tone really doesn't show you in a flattering light.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 0:54

Guys, I'm kindly and respectfully asking you AGAIN to stop using this thread as a personal blog. I know it's a long wait and it's been like forever, but posting here what you're buying and what you're cooking for dinner and what makeup you're wearing and how long it takes for the milk to go bad and how much salt you're producing when typing doesn't help.

(Yes, for the people who sold their color displays to prepay for the TECS, the text above it's pink!)

Masque

Postby Masque » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:14

I’m confused about the choice to post news in a forum that allows replies and then being upset that, over a year later, the thread still has engagement.

Marketing involves engagement. You want to -discourage- that?

Okay. Well, on topic, then, I’ll just ask how “production phase” moves along. When did the WW2 setup enter “production phase”?

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:25

Lol they won't tell you pretty much about production schedule or anything beyond minor details that most often can be inferred from the pictures. They won't answer the most asked and pertinent question..
They don't like when people are insulted by the lack of communication, when people talk about the lack of communication, or when people ask for a timeline of approximately when the thing will launch...

And are surprised when people get frustrated and start talking about other things.

turbo_toni

Postby turbo_toni » Wed Feb 16, 2022 21:56

Is it ready yet?
(¯`·.¸.--> turbo_toni

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:35

Given that they just released a teaser for working on a new stick, I'd say TECS is scrapped.

Hawk_SVK

Postby Hawk_SVK » Fri Feb 18, 2022 13:13

fallout9 wrote:Guys, I'm kindly and respectfully asking you AGAIN to stop using this thread as a personal blog. I know it's a long wait and it's been like forever, but posting here what you're buying and what you're cooking for dinner and what makeup you're wearing and how long it takes for the milk to go bad and how much salt you're producing when typing doesn't help.[/color][/size]

Keeping us in a dark for years and saying there are no news with smiley face also doesn't help, but I am sure a lot of comments here help other users to decide what throttle to buy :)

TheTarantula

Postby TheTarantula » Fri Feb 18, 2022 16:14

Or just make your own. Whatever.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xxKNfmi

Alokeen wrote:Given that they just released a teaser for working on a new stick, I'd say TECS is scrapped.

:roll: Or it comes out in a few months. Or end of the year.

I like the flight stick I have. My throttle is working fine, It wasn't overpriced mess, and even after modifications, I look forward to replacing it with a TECS when it comes out.
Taking off and flying are easy. Landing is even easier. You just crash.

Return to “Official announcements”