VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:46

Jac92071

Postby Jac92071 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 13:06

I was referring to the different versions of the FSM. There was said to be versions for modern combat, space sim etc

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 18:40

Only one FSM version at the beginning, others would follow.

gottowt

Postby gottowt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 16:16

So the fsm control panel being released first is not the one in the photo from january but the GA one ?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 20:09

The one in the picture is not the final version. The updated version will be presented as soon as the launch is close.

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Wed Sep 01, 2021 20:18

Is the plan for these to have just three categories - space, general aviation, and modern era jets? I would really like to see something that is more focused on the Second World War era.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 22:17

Actually the modules are universal, not dedicated to a certain genre - all games need lots of buttons and extra axes.
There are also some extras in works, some that would really excite the warbirds lovers.

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Thu Sep 02, 2021 20:06

Do we have any news yet?

Doing my quarterly check-in xD

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 22:08

Not there yet :)

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Thu Sep 02, 2021 22:27

I gotta be honest here. My X56 is falling apart.

Ghosting inputs are a massive issue, and this is only like 2 years old.

I think at this point I give them till the new year to make the release. Otherwise Ill be forced to go with Winwing or the other dreaded "V" Which I desperately want to avoid because I dont think theyre worth the price at all. But I'm slowly losing faith to keep waiting.

My next throttle is my last. I hope VKB can come together in time. I'd, love to pair it with the MCG Ultimate I got. But my hardware is failing faster than I hoped.

But ive reached a time limit here....

Heres to hoping.....

"Raises glass"

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 22:55

I could only thank you for your patience at this time :(

norlin

Postby norlin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:13

So what's the current state of the TECS device?

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:52

Don't even bother asking. For years we've asked this question and never gotten a straight answer.

You just get a bunch of guys fanboying a company saying that not answering the most basic of questions of the general idea of when to expect the product to be released, is not only okay, but desirable, and you're the asshole for asking.

norlin

Postby norlin » Sun Sep 12, 2021 14:40

The only way to make a company understand customers is to not be silent and continue to ask/request and demand.
Or just switch to a competitors
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Sep 13, 2021 14:38

Airtroops83 wrote:Don't even bother asking. For years we've asked this question and never gotten a straight answer.

You just get a bunch of guys fanboying a company saying that not answering the most basic of questions of the general idea of when to expect the product to be released, is not only okay, but desirable, and you're the asshole for asking.

i'm sure I'm automatically a "fanboy" by replying to that, if you're that angry. But I don't think I've seen many say either its OK or desirable. It just is what it is. I'm posting what info I can find when I find it periodically, last being just last month. (No - still know known date for the release of the first of these.)

They pre-announced this one way to early, unquestionably. Even they have agreed to that all over the place. They've since changed their approach to only announcing when ready for first lot orders, to NOT compound that mistake for other products. (Desirable? I don't know. It's a legitimate business choice, and they have explained their reasons: copying and ...um....angst just like yours.) For this product....unfortunately the early decision keeps giving. I was one of those who (wrongly) predicted we'd not hear anything again before even THIS thread was released. They apparently did decide to 'cut the baby in half', both to let people know that one had become three and to try and show good faith. And here we are again, No acknowledgement that the origination of this thread was the olive branch, instead ranting that we haven't had info "for years". "All year" would be pretty accurate, the rest is just foot stompy.

One thing for sure, posts like yours will only reinforce their desire to not make the original early pre-release decision again. (Although they almost have, hinting earlier this year that the GNX side-panel add-ons would be available soon, which hasn't happened, which tells me that supply chain issues and delays of dealing with off-site ramp-up did get complicated on them more recently, again.)

Now, explain to me how I've been a "fanboy". Or don't, I don't really care that much. I do however like to call out B.S. when I see it (which also isn't helping anything, I know.)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Official announcements”