VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

Viking

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby Viking » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:58

Is there any indication or announcement that the SEMs will also attach to the TECS?

kissTheSky

Postby kissTheSky » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:20

Check AeroGator’s response to my same question on previous page, basically says they intend to, but there may be a lengthy coding phase to make it happen.

Viking

Postby Viking » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:04

I read that one. But if I understand it correctly he only was talking about connecting the modules to the same black box. But does that also mean they would attach physically to the TECS (like they do to the Gladiator NXT)?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:08

Viking wrote:attach physically to the TECS (like they do to the Gladiator NXT)?

These modules are part of the GNX family. They can be "physically attached" to other components of the GNX line. They will work with other VKB (or non-VKB) devices alright but not being "attached" to them.
By "attached" I understand like "device A is screwed to the side of device B", or "device A is connected to device B by the means of a dedicated bracket", like they are in the GNX line, making them two become one. Otherwise they would be "connected" by cables but not "attached".
Correct me if I got you wrong.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Viking

Postby Viking » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:36

That's exactly what I meant (and was hoping for)! Thank you for clarifying! :)

ARX-7

Postby ARX-7 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:17

is much set around the mounting point layout?

if i have a MT plate for an NXT would it mount to it or need a different layout?

shaas0927

Postby shaas0927 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:37

Its coming up on one year since this forum was First posted, and a little over 4 years since the TECS was first announced.
Are we any closer to a release date, or news about a release date?
I'm starting to believe Top Gun Maverick might be released first.

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 15:04

No matter how nice you ask or how you phrase it, you won't get an answer to that unfortunately. I gave up last month and just got the virpil throttle.
They answered an email question I had about the product and it's availability in LITERALLY 6 minutes, and I imagine the majority of that was spent typing the email. It's a quality product for sure but the difference in how I was treated won me over immediately.

ARX-7

Postby ARX-7 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:17

i feel its pretty disingenuous to compare questions about a released product with that of one still in development.

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 18:17

I think it's more than fair when I asked some pretty specific questions about shipping times, product questions, etc. I had an email response in 6 minutes.

Compared to asking for a general idea of when they were planning to be done and potentially be releasing/launching if all goes well. I would have gladly accepted a month/quarter, any general timeframe.

I was thankful for the update (this threads first post) and hoped that this was the turnaround of, in my opinion, a poor customer experience so I waited about a full year for any news of a general idea of a launch window. I didn't want promises I just wanted a general idea, as so many have asked for and been denied for 4 years plus. This never came, and after almost half a decade of waiting enough was enough.

I wasn't even 100% sold on the virpil throttle until I recieved their response lighting fast with information that's not published anywhere I could find as well as availability and ship times, which are also not published and could be misconstrued as promises by some. The stark difference in how I was treated pushed me over the edge.

I think the comparison is more than fair because being released or not has nothing to do with how you treat people.

Fermium257

Postby Fermium257 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:04

Well, good for you. Why are you even here then? Go sell and simp Virpil's products somewhere else. What a scummy thing to do.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34

Guys, please keep on topic, no attacking other users or publishing your personal journals here.

robert spinz

Postby robert spinz » Wed Jan 19, 2022 13:20

@VKB

can we expect the same high quality build for a TECS as a Gunfighter MKIII ultimate?

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Jan 19, 2022 16:19

Airtroops83 wrote:...asking for a general idea of when they were planning to be done and potentially be releasing/launching if all goes well. I would have gladly accepted a month/quarter, any general timeframe. ...

Like I keep saying, the very first tease, obviously well overcome by events (their own plans for it, results of early prototype results not being satisfactory, COVID, expansion now into a 'line' including arc and rail, and their addition of a new line of sticks and side periperhals in the meantime) is the gift that keeps on giving. If they'd never offered THAT, they'd not be in this position...people would be asking if they intended to do a throttle sometime and they might or might not have answered at all "Maybe, never say never, possibly, we have lots of plans you'll know when we're ready to sell, etc etc." The same kind of things they say in response to questions about for example a LH MCG_Ultimate, or Kosmosima Ultimates. The post that started THIS thread might've been the first tease...or might also never have been posted yet under new intent to wait until more ready.

They split the baby with the update that started this thread, because that first tease was already out and the community was clamoring. COVID hasn't gone away and its impacts on their business model as distributed engineers, tragically perhaps on some of them personally, with continuing and unpredictable lockdowns and visa issues and shipping issues, hasn't abated. Other companies that are entirely colocated don't have the same impact, but obviously are also influenced otherwise. We all know how the world supply line is in the crapper right now -- multi-billion dollar car companies have empty dealer lots all over the states!

I think that VKB very much doesn't want to be this guy promising the same thing year after year after year and being (shamelessly) wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7oZ-AQszEI
Some people will take that personally, as quote above shows. They're really in a no win situation. The post starting THIS thread said they'll tell us more when they have it to tell, why is asking again going to get a different answer, or any? (shrug) But they clearly see and understand the frustration - this is their forum; they could delete all those posts to try and paint a glossy fake picture, but they don't. It is what it is.

[Yoda voice:] Wait, or wait not! There is no news; until there is.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

EnderR2

Postby EnderR2 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 17:43

Everyone has their limits. I am not sure why a company would hype a product for years and not release anything. If they continue to wait, inflation will make it impossible for any quality long lasting product at their desired price point.

Return to “Official announcements”