VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

norlin

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby norlin » Mon Sep 13, 2021 17:13

That's not about the release date delay or an early announce, no.
The whole issue is about lack of the info about the _current state_ of the project.

Personally I don't care about the specific date, or delays. The only thing I want to know is what's the current state of the project.
And there is literally no reasons to not tell this info to the community. Not a single reason.

Of course unless VKB wants to ruin their business completely, in addition to failed websites & shops.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Sep 13, 2021 18:51

Pure hyperbole. They've fleshed out most of what to expect on the first 3 variants although not shown them 100% [test harness body only], and still have teasered that there's some other tricks up their sleeves. Otherwise if you don't care when it's coming...what else would you want that would be helpful to know??

There are places to find out the *current* progress, if you want to look (unofficially). As for every other product released since - there was NO information about the "current state" of any of those projects until they graduated to be available-to-buy. That's their new model and they've stated so clearly so as to set proper expectations going forward. This particular lingering item is still in no-man's land with them trapped in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation but otherwise...they said they'd announce when stuff is ready to buy ...period.

From my readings : I don't expect it this year. Perhaps the very basic quadrant with mechanical detentes might squeak out around the holidays, but based on the slow actual release-to-purchase of the SEM etc I don't expect that even.

From just a couple weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments ... &context=3
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Richardus

Postby Richardus » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:20

Another first-time poster here who is really happy with their NXT stick and now looking for a throttle upgrade.

From the messages I understand that TECS does not have a release date (yet), but I'm still curious about a couple of details and was wondering if you can share any info regarding them.

- What type of detents will the version with mechanical detents have?
Will those be "friction points" where the user needs to overcome a bit of resistance or a "hard limit" detents that require a finger/throttle lift or button press to get over? Will those be user-adjustable/removable or fixed in place?

- Will the production base be similair in size to the prototype base shown in the first post?
From the pictures the base looks quite compact, which might be a nice bonus for those of us who have limited space on their desks.

- Have some of the features you showed with SEM also found their way into the production version of TECS?
Will TECS have the same small depressions near the base buttons/switches and a sticker sheet as SEM to help with remembering mappings? And did the mode/button activated LED's find their way to TECS as well?
Last edited by Richardus on Mon Sep 20, 2021 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:21

@Richardus :D
I very much appreciate your interest, and I believe it is genuine and friendly.
So I apologize for letting you down. I can't disclose more than we have already.
There are also unfriendly eyes and ears checking in regularly, we know them, they know that we know, so the only way to keep playing is to keep cards close to our chest :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Richardus

Postby Richardus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:41

Ah, that's a shame, but understandable.

Then I will wait for the next official update, looking forward to it :D

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:14

Of course unless VKB wants to ruin their business completely, in addition to failed websites & shops.

Eh? What?

Could you explain which 'failed websites and shops' you're talking about?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:20

Do not pay attention to such words, do not feed the trolls.

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Sep 21, 2021 15:50

To be fair, I was trying to given them a bit more rope. :wink:

Nothing like leading someone down a path whereby they confirm beyond doubt what a fool they are. :lol:

xilacnog

Postby xilacnog » Wed Sep 22, 2021 14:05

As for me, I really hope these come sooner rather than later, the TWCS Throttle is annoying me because of the huge footprint on my desk. I love my GNX so much, I'm considering getting a 2nd one.

Jac92071

Postby Jac92071 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 16:46

Any info available on how the TECS will connect to the PC. Will it be able to share a black box with my MCG ultimate and rudders or will I need to use another USB slot? Also will the add on panels be able to share the connection with TECS or will they require their own USB port

Mr WHIMington

Postby Mr WHIMington » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29

Highly doubt it can share a black box, the MCG alone have enough input taken up most of the allowable mapping, while the T rudder just a single axis so it can plug into black box no problem, not for a fully integrated Throttle.

katoman1932

Re: VKB EXTENSION MODULES: FOUR GOOD GUYS

Postby katoman1932 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46

I own both a VKB Gunfighter joystick and a set of VKB rudders and am in the market for a VKB throttle. Would you recommend I purchase a VIRPIL Mongoos this week or wait for a few weeks when your VKB becomes available?

The most critical factor is my age. I am a bit "long in the tooth" so to speak and will be living in my ancient 91 year old skin in January 2022.

In other words should I purchase a VIRPIL Mongoos now and enjoy the true flight experience or take the gamble of waiting in vain for a VKB unit?

Thank you in advance for your timely response.

R. V. Brown PhD [retired]

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37

So I definitely can't be the first one to notice there wasn't any sort of TECS throttle system in the latest video from VKB.

https://youtu.be/uHTIoumemUs

I want to hope that they're unveiling the big boy throttle in a few days following this video.

Anyone have news? The video felt like a slap in the face with no TECS teasers :'(

That being said they'll make a lot of money with the products shown. The general aviation flight sim market is undeniably larger than the community who is looking forward to TECS.

But that being said I hope TECS news follows behind this video very soon!

fallout9

Re: VKB EXTENSION MODULES: FOUR GOOD GUYS

Postby fallout9 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:43

katoman1932 wrote:I own both a VKB Gunfighter joystick and a set of VKB rudders and am in the market for a VKB throttle. Would you recommend I purchase a VIRPIL Mongoos this week or wait for a few weeks when your VKB becomes available?

With regret I have to tell you that there's no way any TECS related hardware would come out within a few weeks.

Coyote_One wrote:Anyone have news? The video felt like a slap in the face with no TECS teasers :'(
That being said they'll make a lot of money with the products shown. The general aviation flight sim market is undeniably larger than the community who is looking forward to TECS.

Sorry you felt that way, but the NXT modules coming out before TECS was a well known fact, announced and repeatedly stated. About your second statement... I don't want to say anything else than it's a completely untrue low blow - just looking at our lineup will confirm that.

Serialk1llr

Postby Serialk1llr » Fri Oct 08, 2021 17:37

That preview video was hawt. Can't wait for the TECS

Return to “Official announcements”