VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

luciusthegod

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby luciusthegod » Sat Jan 30, 2021 17:12

this looks amazing, i have a throttle that can tide me over until this comes out, i am willing to wait.
x570 elite
3800x - going to upgrade
5700xt strix - going to upgrade
64gb 3200mhz
NVME/SSD/HD
Custom water loop.
Rift S
MCG - MKIII
x56 throttle - waiting for TECS

WarthogOsl

Postby WarthogOsl » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:55

Is there any chance of the premium including a mini-stick at the front of the right grip (for the index finger), instead of a hat?

Ykon O'Clast

difference between space-sim and flight-sim version

Postby Ykon O'Clast » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:21

Congrats on your excellent work and all my support in these difficult times.

I would be very happy to know what exact differences will be between the space-sim and the flight-sim versions.
I intend to use it for both and, up til now, was quite satisfied using a "flight sim" throttle for both, so I am curious about what a "space-sim" specific throttle would entail.
That would be quite an important information for me to get before buying. It would be very nice to know that before the first version is out : otherwise it would be quite an agonizing choice (should I buy this version or should I let it slip and see stocks be depleted by others? What if the second version is actually less good for my use case?).

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Sun Jan 31, 2021 18:08

Personally I love arc tracks. Idk why people dont like it. For a sim setup flat tracks just dont work for me. Excited to see this new product!

Knightcrawler

Postby Knightcrawler » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:14

You sure that would be good, Warthog? Fingers aren't really dexterous enough to use a ministick well, thumbs are.

EnderR2

Postby EnderR2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:17

Fantastic effort! Extremely competitive pricing. I think you have me sold on the Arc Premium, and if there's a pre-order, I am ready to make my deposit.

As many have already mentioned, the community understands the personal, and professional sacrifices of this global season. As an "essential", the risk, the fear, and the uncertainty is as poignant as the losses. I respect that VKB is overcoming it all and still developing new products to further the industry and customer experience. I was on the fence between yall and the one that shall not be named, and this update cements my clarity on my recent joystick purchase. I look forward to sending you more money, and enjoying your products.

awakened

Postby awakened » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:11

I'm sorry for your losses, your work in the face of the struggles is magnificent and I look forward to throwing money at the throttles when available <3

WarthogOsl

Postby WarthogOsl » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:09

Knightcrawler wrote:You sure that would be good, Warthog? Fingers aren't really dexterous enough to use a ministick well, thumbs are.

Well, that's where the mini-stick is on my TWCS throttle. I believe this also matches the position of the slew controller on many US fighters.

Here's the thing for me though: I don't have rudder pedals, and I don't like using stick-twist for yaw (even though my NXT has that). The TWCS has nice rocker paddles to use for rudder, but knowing that most other throttles, including the TECS, don't have this, I've got myself used to using the TWCS's mini stick for yaw. Was hoping to the the same thing with the TECs, assuming I get one.

Vorden

Postby Vorden » Mon Feb 01, 2021 18:30

Looks good! Also it's the landing GEAR handle not the landing GEARS handle.

IceNinja

Postby IceNinja » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:00

Thanks for the great news, saving up as time passes. My condolences to the loss of all VKB family and friends.

wasabi

Postby wasabi » Tue Feb 02, 2021 18:49

Any news on whether this will support an existing Monstertech table mount plate? Or too early to say?

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:46

hiro29nov wrote:I have another question

Is the movement distance of the grip the same between arc and rail?

I hope not, as rail should really benefit from longer range of linear movement.
The arc allows longer movement than linear if you have extended throttle levers. But then you as well have larger arc to turn.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:51

that's right.

The fact that the arc has a longer grip movement means that the arc is easier to use.
However, I like rails.
So I'm thinking about which one to choose.

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:17

Man, how awesome would it be if you could adjust the throw length on a rail?

Aer

Re: difference between space-sim and flight-sim version

Postby Aer » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:58

Ykon O'Clast wrote:Congrats on your excellent work and all my support in these difficult times.

I would be very happy to know what exact differences will be between the space-sim and the flight-sim versions.
I intend to use it for both and, up til now, was quite satisfied using a "flight sim" throttle for both, so I am curious about what a "space-sim" specific throttle would entail.
That would be quite an important information for me to get before buying. It would be very nice to know that before the first version is out : otherwise it would be quite an agonizing choice (should I buy this version or should I let it slip and see stocks be depleted by others? What if the second version is actually less good for my use case?).

i presume that the space-sim version needs to have 2 direction as forward and backward thrust?

Return to “Official announcements”