VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby fallout9 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 23:49

This could be easily adjusted through software, by setting up the center in the middle of the throttle axis.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Feb 04, 2021 0:06

That`s it! In Star Citizen, you only have to set "throttle forward/back. Then your throttle has a middle position to fulfill both functions. You don`t need the VKB Software for this :wink:

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Thu Feb 04, 2021 0:30

fallout9 wrote:This could be easily adjusted through software, by setting up the center in the middle of the throttle axis.

Is it possible to set up a detent in the middle of the throttle axis?

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Thu Feb 04, 2021 0:40

Yes

OldGangster

Postby OldGangster » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11

gidimi wrote:
Alokeen wrote:
gidimi wrote:What are the chances we get an ambidextrous grip or right hand grip? Just asking for lefties.

How do lefties fly IRL?

Good question. From what I hear real fighters have left hand throttles. I can understand if VKB want to stick to realism and maybe the demand is also low.. I can dream though :)

There are not only fighters in simulation ! :shock:
With the most part of planes, you seat at left place, with the stick or yoke in left hand, using right hand for throttle, mixture, propeller, trim, etc... and mostly radios and others electronic boxes which are much more easier to setup with the right hand for a right handed (Like the majority of people).
The left hand throttle is only used in fighters with all functions on stick and throttle, and in GA for aerobatics (and you cant do anything else during this time :wink: ). And perhaps in space sims,I dont know.
Even in recent airliners or modern GA planes, throttles and other functions stays in center place and it's the stick that moves on the left place.
It's why we are numerous people to buy a left hand grip for joystick, and also why we absolutely need a right hand with arc motion throttle device!
And I'd rather thousands of times prefer to buy a high quality VKB throttle than one of another brand just because VKB forgot how [much ] many we are to practice simulation with "normal" planes ! (Just look at MSFS success to notice).

Edit at 13.15 much/many. Sorry.
Last edited by OldGangster on Sat Feb 06, 2021 15:15, edited 2 times in total.

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Sat Feb 06, 2021 14:30

I completely forgot, and I have MSFS, LOL :D

I guess the fighter-style controls are a bit impractical for GA :)

Etyoin

Postby Etyoin » Sat Feb 06, 2021 19:23

Thank you for the great news and hard work VKB and I'm sorry for your losses.

I have a question. I owe a MK I "orange" black box. I want to go for the Arc premium when it comes available.

Do I need the new MK II black box or the old one will do the job?

Thanks,

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 20:26

No need to upgrade the other device, it’ll be perfectly compatible with the throttle.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Feb 06, 2021 21:11

Etyoin wrote:Thank you for the great news and hard work VKB and I'm sorry for your losses.

I have a question. I owe a MK I "orange" black box. I want to go for the Arc premium when it comes available.

Do I need the new MK II black box or the old one will do the job?

Thanks,

Hold on to it. I feel like we'll have collector's items before too long. Unless they come out with an Ultimate Black Box. :D
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Kreutzberg

Postby Kreutzberg » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:10

Condolences to everyone in the VKB family.

This is very exciting, and I'm looking forward to it very much. The first page says that it has "soft rubber pads made the same way as those of MCGU." Does that mean that the material will be metal like the MCG Ultimate as well? Or perhaps in one of the higher versions? They are quite a bit more expensive, so perhaps that means that they will have metal.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:40

This is likely going to be the best throttle on the market...
Better than any other competitor.
I look forward to this!

modular, electronics detents, arc and slide rails... looking very promising

james340

Postby james340 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 15:51

Loving the look of this, cheers for all the hard work VKB. And sorry to hear you've been impacted by all this Covid madness.

kdouis

Postby kdouis » Wed Feb 10, 2021 17:33

OldGangster wrote:
gidimi wrote:
Alokeen wrote:
How do lefties fly IRL?

Good question. From what I hear real fighters have left hand throttles. I can understand if VKB want to stick to realism and maybe the demand is also low.. I can dream though :)

There are not only fighters in simulation ! :shock:
With the most part of planes, you seat at left place, with the stick or yoke in left hand, using right hand for throttle, mixture, propeller, trim, etc... and mostly radios and others electronic boxes which are much more easier to setup with the right hand for a right handed (Like the majority of people).
The left hand throttle is only used in fighters with all functions on stick and throttle, and in GA for aerobatics (and you cant do anything else during this time :wink: ). And perhaps in space sims,I dont know.
Even in recent airliners or modern GA planes, throttles and other functions stays in center place and it's the stick that moves on the left place.
It's why we are numerous people to buy a left hand grip for joystick, and also why we absolutely need a right hand with arc motion throttle device!
And I'd rather thousands of times prefer to buy a high quality VKB throttle than one of another brand just because VKB forgot how [much ] many we are to practice simulation with "normal" planes ! (Just look at MSFS success to notice).

Edit at 13.15 much/many. Sorry.

I hop so mutch to have a premium lefty (right hand) ARC :roll: for combat, civil, space in vr Kif ++

thistledown

Postby thistledown » Fri Feb 12, 2021 21:40

This is exciting.

Any news as to how many detent settings can be stored for quickly changing?

For my DCS use case, I'd love a way to quickly change detent settings between 6-8 different aircraft without having to save a profile using the VKB software to the throttle

spacenavy90

Postby spacenavy90 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 0:59

fallout9 wrote:No need to upgrade the other device, it’ll be perfectly compatible with the throttle.

On the topic of compatibility, will the TECS base fit with the Gladiator-style UCM Stronghold desk mount? If not will we see a new option on launch that is compatible?

Return to “Official announcements”