VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby fallout9 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 19:27

Stonehenge wrote:Will the TECS be available to order everywhere at the same time?

That's always the idea. It doesn't go well sometimes, but that's where the aim is.

allentc2

Postby allentc2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13

I am quivering in anticipation. Got a Playseat Air Force chair dying to be modded.

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 14:58

The same here, just need this throttle to complete my Playseat Air Force chair.

KaptinKaos

Postby KaptinKaos » Thu Feb 18, 2021 16:15

My poor TWCS is barely hanging in here... I'll be watching like a hawk for the TECS launch. CAN'T WAIT!

robby227

Postby robby227 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:13

What are the two brake pedal looking things on the front of the grips used for?

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:18

the base is ugly plus don't show how rear, and sides panels attachment, there base is small and tall.

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:27

Really really really looking forward to this, guys!

I like how you went with the bulk of the controls on the handles and kept a smaller footprint with the ability to add an additional surface of controls. I've stayed away from the Virpil throttle mostly because of the huge base, and very glad to see the VKB solution (as expected) is much better!

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Feb 20, 2021 20:17

DHRF wrote:the base is ugly plus don't show how rear, and sides panels attachment, there base is small and tall.

From the original post with pictures:

Electronic detents are now being patented. For this reason we cannot show the final design of the base here (but it exists already). Actual base will have a lot more controls than shown in the picture of the devkit, and we will sure flash it shortly before the device goes onto the shops' shelves.There is also one more thing up our sleeve that we are not going to elaborate here - but rest assured it will considerably expand the functionality and ergonomics of the base.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 22:10

DHRF wrote:the base is ugly plus don't show how rear, and sides panels attachment, there base is small and tall.

You haven't seen the base. You've only seen a test harness (probably for the ARC rotary mechanism and the grip handles).

Go back again and this time, don't just look at the pictures, read the text

grinder

Postby grinder » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:25

This is not the final base. They say this is just a development piece used for testing and hide a few secrets.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 17:00

While I didn't first hand like the base, I don't mind it looking as such as if it is matching with the NXT that you can pair it with it, then it is great as that should be the cheapest $200 model with tilting design and mechanical detent.
For the linear design, that is where I am expecting more of a box design with flat top surface.

But anyways I don't see base being problematic, as having such a curve helps to just move grip over it.

Safiuddin97

Postby Safiuddin97 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45

Hi. Great work

I was looking to buy VKB sticks, but with the throttle i think its way better to wait for the throttle to come out thus i can buy both together. Cheers

ranjeybaby

Postby ranjeybaby » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:46

Fri13 wrote:While I didn't first hand like the base, I don't mind it looking as such as if it is matching with the NXT that you can pair it with it, then it is great as that should be the cheapest $200 model with tilting design and mechanical detent.
For the linear design, that is where I am expecting more of a box design with flat top surface.

But anyways I don't see base being problematic, as having such a curve helps to just move grip over it.

The base in the pictures is a prototype, not the final product

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 18:21

My god! How many people will make comments on the base without having read the announcement! So frustrating!

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:25

I have an idea about the detents. And I would like to know whether that will be possible.
In Star Citizen, you can assign the reverse thrust as both an axis and a button. The afterburner logically works as a button.
So would it be possible to program a detent for the Afterburner, and, on the opposite side, a detent, acting as an axis, for the reverse thrust?
In other words: I no longer want a classic middle position. I would like to move this far back so that I only have a short stroke for the reverse thrust. But also a detent at the top for the afterburner.

Return to “Official announcements”