VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

Coyote_One

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby Coyote_One » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:37

I'm doing my once yearly check-in.

Progress made since then or are we still in the same spot?

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:32

I'd love to be wrong, but nothing new to report so far. See you again in 12 months!

zeddikus

Postby zeddikus » Sat Jun 03, 2023 17:09

Is there anything else (new) happening here?
Or asked differently, is it worth waiting for the TECS, or would the Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle (plus GNX SEM) be the better choice, primarily to play Star Citizen?

Wala

Postby Wala » Sat Jun 03, 2023 19:23

I have two NXT sticks that I use for Star Citizen. Bought them before I knew of this. I also bought the first round of Omni adapters for my left stick. I like more than the normal vertical stick. I think the Omni adapter would be better for more dog fights and other situations where you need to move fast. I enjoy hauling in my Cat and salvaging is a lot of fun, so detents a for cruising is what I want.

I will still end up buying TECS if it releases due to the detents.

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:19

zeddikus wrote:Is there anything else (new) happening here?
Or asked differently, is it worth waiting for the TECS, or would the Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle (plus GNX SEM) be the better choice, primarily to play Star Citizen?

I would have told you to wait 18 months ago, but now I honestly cant in good confidence tell you anymore.

This thing would absolutely shatter anything from the "other guys" throttle. If it releases with that they claim to have shown in that GI render with the long rail, the extra rear panel, and the detents built in: It would take the entire community by force and they'd sell thousands upon thousands.

BUT - its been so long I went with WinWing as I couldnt wait any longer.

Heres my honest take - if you CAN wait and what you have now is "good enough" and you "want" to upgrade just to upgrade, I'd stay put.

But if you NEED to upgrade for old failures of your current hardware, do it now.

Regardless I hope this project wasnt cancelled, it would be nice to at least hear SOMETHING to let us know the project wasnt cancelled and its just still going through development.

Its still an instant buy for me if it comes out.

Good luck my fellow VKB family.....

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:05

No one should wait on any company's product, if you have a need and the means now. Especially in a niche field where resale at 65-75% of original purchase price is a thing. As long as you're not buying bargain basement, you really can't go too far in the hole.

That said, I wonder if I'm jinxing things by noting that one really long IL2 thread actually had someone in the official know, not too long ago, actually saying the "s" word in response to a query.

("Soon.")

Now, definition of that is obviously open to interpretation not only because I was reading a machine translation from R to E. And personally if I were to jump from a LH stick (Kosmosima Premium, Gunfighter III base in my case) I'd wait for the full on rail with electronic detente which was already warned as being the last of the bunch once the dam does break.

But still....."soon". Or was it actually: "shoon"?
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:37

So, we have now had no true, concrete news at all now for almost half of 2023, and the last "official" new topic of any sort by VKB in here was a stupid April Fool's joke. For all anyone outside of the company knows, they could announce the thing tomorrow or it could be another half a year before we get another cryptic, useless YouTube video that answers nothing and instead just makes people more confused and frustrated.

Drano

Postby Drano » Mon Jun 12, 2023 15:46

I really wanted to wait for this throttle but over five years of "soon" was just too much. I've lost faith that it exists beyond paper. I went with the other V throttle and am quite happy with it. Just as happy as I am with my Gunfighter/MCG-Pro. Quality stuff. The primary reason I wanted to wait was so I could stick with one software ecosystem. Well... Joystick Gremlin too the rescue there. Using the mode selector on the throttle allows me to shift profiles for all of my controllers on the fly. So problem solved. And I only waited a month for the throttle. Honestly that stupid April fools thing pushed me over the edge.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Sniv

Postby Sniv » Wed Jun 28, 2023 18:04

Now that Thrustmaster (F16 TQS) and Winwing (F15 E/EX) have announced a release date for their new throttle, will VKB do the same with TECS? :wink:

Sniv

Postby Sniv » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:00

Caillin

Postby Caillin » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:18

2 days now after all those posts 8)

KPX

Postby KPX » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:11

Does 10 days closer mean ; in 10 days, we will be 10 days closer to the release :D. So is the release is in 5 years ( :mrgreen: ), 10 days after the reddit post, we will be at 5 years - 10 days close to the release :( . Hope I am wrong...

OniKaizen

Postby OniKaizen » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:56

So ... It finally happened? https://youtu.be/BSCV8kapYtI

tecs2.jpg
tecs.jpg

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:33

Please, please let there be a warbird-style grip available at launch.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:49

Topic closed, not relevant anymore.

Return to “Official announcements”