VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

rtrski

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby rtrski » Fri Jan 21, 2022 17:23

I agree about people having limits, and nowhere did I suggest anyone 'wait' if they need something now. Just surprised people keep demanding news and expecting responses. They've said what they're gonna say, and what the threshold is for them to say something new. Believe them? (Every now and again you might milk a little from the stone, but mostly, you're just gonna scrape your fingers...) And if you must, move on. No reason you can't come back later, even if you do. (Or not. That's life in the big market.)

I'm not sure I'd agree entirely that they've "hyped this for years". They have publicized it twice. Once super early as hindsight shows, one update last year as a semi-apology and semi-explanation of why things didn't come to pass, and how they'd changed. Anything else has been people dropping in on their own semi-internal, semi-'crowdfunded' design ideas and commentary on the IL2 forums where they tend to converse about progress (and sometimes lack thereof) and joke and even fight a little (hm reminded of a joke here). I've provided running translations of those a couple times on reddit at r/hotas because I've been curious myself. There's no debating those two public posts about TECS have been many years apart.

I'm sure they'll re-evaluate what an appropriate cost is at release time based on their part costs, what the rest of the market is bearing, and currency valuations. That's kind of a silly 'deadline' reason.

Disclosure: I'm a both hand VKB stick user right now, my own variation of the 'omnithrottle' method for the left side, so don't need a throttle. And my own projects....linger...far longer than they should. I might be more relaxed about this than most as a result. But I am still reserving a mounting spot for it just because MOAR POWER (insert Tool Time Tim Taylor grunt here).
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

RingMyBell

Postby RingMyBell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 17:14

No news ? (1 year later)

Nevermind, there were more pages. But no news it seems :(

EnderR2

Postby EnderR2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 23:16

So @VKB, the 2nd Lunar new year since this thread started is upon us. Its time for an announcement, wouldn't you say?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:53

Right time for an announcement is when we'll have something important to announce. Until then there's just lots of work to be done.

chrispliot

Postby chrispliot » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:56

Hi there guys any news on the vkb tecs throttle? I just bought the vkb gunfighter mk3, will the tecs throttle be released in the next 3 months?

simmeone

Postby simmeone » Mon Jan 31, 2022 13:37

:D :D next three months?? Unfortunately, probably not :(

Gyro

Postby Gyro » Mon Jan 31, 2022 14:02

Can I just say, I absolutely love my Gunfighter MK iii ultimate, excellent build quality, feels great, a quality piece of kit. I, like many here, having been waiting literally years since the announcement of the tecs throttle. I've really wanted something that matches the quality of the gunfighter to pair with it :) I'm sure you've realised that you've jumped the gun (fighter...lol) with the PR for the the TECS, and that's okay we're all only human. Hindsight is 20-20. I know there's no requirement to share details of the progress with us, but i can assure you a bit of transparency would go a long way for the people who support you! Even if it's still a year away, I'd rather know and be content, then be lead on for years. Sadly and begrudgingly, I've given up on the TECS :( I put my order in for a Virpil tonight. This isn't a flame post, and I don't want to start any arguments. My Gunfighter is phenomenal, I love it and I'm glad for the effort you've all put in to it. I just feel like I've been lead on for too long and wanted to share my experience with you in the hopes it'll help you guys with future product releases. Maybe you could consider more frequent updates in the future, cheers, Gyro.

K4ij00

Postby K4ij00 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 16:55

Hi guys!

I've been keeping an eye on the TECS and I was kinda wondering, with regards to the initial release version (Arc, mechanical detents), whether those detents will be fixed, or if they can be customized as well somehow - because I NEED to get my hands on this as soon as it comes out, so I wouldn't want to wait until the "correct version" comes out for the games I play, so... any info on this? I know that visually, there doesn't seem to be a mechanical detent setting like the *cough* competition product of another company started with "V" *cough* so... I was just wondering if the mechanical detents would be customizable as well with regards to their position...

Thanks in advance for any info on this!

PiotrMKG

Postby PiotrMKG » Wed Feb 02, 2022 14:36

It's my understanding that TECS would have electronic detents, which means it can have as many detents as someone whishes. Great idea for someone, like me, who flies not only Mil jets, that have only cut off and reheat detents, but CRJ that have reverse, CB, MCT/TOGA detents.

K4ij00

Postby K4ij00 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 14:59

Well there are several versions coming of the TECS Throttle, the first one of which is going to be Arc and will have mechanical detents. The other versions that will come later will have electronic detents - unless I missed out on something and they've decided to skip out on the initial Arc / mechanical version? I must admit I didn't read through the whole thread...

Edit: Now I've read through the thread, and yeah, if possible, it would be good to know about the mechanical detents... fallout9? AeroGator? :mrgreen:

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Wed Feb 02, 2022 19:21

My concern with the TECS design is that it's just not going to have enough buttons for those who fly WWII planes and so don't want that huge modern jet throttle seen on Page 1 here. I would love to have my controller setup be all-VKB, but unless TECS comes with an option for something like a huge, 32-button layout or something that is useful for flying prop planes with lots of buttons and switches, I just can't see myself pivoting away from my current GVL 224 throttle.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 20:26

K4ij00 wrote:Now I've read through the thread, and yeah, if possible, it would be good to know about the mechanical detents... fallout9? AeroGator? :mrgreen:

Sorry friend, nothing to add on that at this time.

K4ij00

Postby K4ij00 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 19:22

fallout9 wrote:
K4ij00 wrote:Now I've read through the thread, and yeah, if possible, it would be good to know about the mechanical detents... fallout9? AeroGator? :mrgreen:

Sorry friend, nothing to add on that at this time.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.03 - 16.16.27.77_ed.png

Knightcrawler

Postby Knightcrawler » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:53

I still want this.

Hawk_SVK

Postby Hawk_SVK » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:18

Hi,
so it’s been 4 years since announcement, one year since this update. I waited all this time even though there are more and more high quality dual throttles now on the market.

I will just ask it - What is the estimate on TECS throttle? If there isn’t any, I’m unfortunately done waiting.

Return to “Official announcements”