VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

Zyll

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby Zyll » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:53

I just created a Forum ID to let the team here know that I would buy an MCG Ultimate right now if I were able to somehow cash in on a discount on the TECS throttle, even if it just covers the cost of shipping twice. I have been waiting patiently, but I'm not going to risk incurring duties and considerable shipping costs to make two separate purchases. A simple loyalty discount for buyers of new VKB hardware would make me pull the trigger right now, and later when the TECS eventually drops.

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 13:14

Hello VKB Team,

Please reply short - YES or NOT

Will be TECS available in 2Q2021?

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 17:26

Oh, sweet summer child... you must be new here.

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 17:45

yes old man, I am new here, what it is changin?

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Fri Apr 02, 2021 21:07

Just a joke. VKB reps are just very unlikely to answer that question.

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Fri Apr 02, 2021 21:48

VKB is knows as well quality, great quality/price product manufactuer and as hard to share any informatins team.
Even newbe know it;)
but
I belive that TECS is one step to release and it will have not any problem with sale but VKB could inform their current customers and fans about at leat approximate dates.

Josstick

Postby Josstick » Sat Apr 03, 2021 18:42

Zyll wrote:I just created a Forum ID to let the team here know that I would buy an MCG Ultimate right now if I were able to somehow cash in on a discount on the TECS throttle, even if it just covers the cost of shipping twice. I have been waiting patiently, but I'm not going to risk incurring duties and considerable shipping costs to make two separate purchases. A simple loyalty discount for buyers of new VKB hardware would make me pull the trigger right now, and later when the TECS eventually drops.

Not sure where you’re located, but if you’re in the US I don’t know that waiting is going to help you. If your order ends up being over $800 (MCGU + GF III + Throttle will almost certainly be) it’ll get hit with a 50% import tax. I’m not sure VKB even let’s people in the US place orders over $800 because of this.

Also, shipping is per item weight and not a flat fee, so shipping twice doesn’t necessarily cost you more than shipping once.

Just my .02

Zyll

Postby Zyll » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:18

50% import tax for shipping over $800USD in the US? That doesn't correlate with the info on their website, which states 29%. However, I'm in Canada, so interested to hear peoples' experiences there, as the info is a bit more vague beyond GST/HST.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=99621

Customs fees, import duties or taxes are the sole responsibility of the customer.

USA: VKBsim® ships all products from China. Customers must be aware that US Customs imposes tariffs on goods imported from China that are valued at $800 or more. If you place an order over $800, you will be liable to pay the import tax and tariffs upon delivery, which is 29% of the order total. You are the importer, and you are responsible to pay these custom fees if they apply to your order.

Canada: VKBsim® ships all products from China. Customers must be aware that goods imported into Canada are subject to the federal GST, which is calculated at the rate of 5% of the duty-paid value of the shipment. Certain provinces will collect the HST at a rate of 13%. This tax must be paid at time of entry and is collected at the border. Import Fees rates vary according to the type of goods you are importing and the country from which they came or were made in. Depending on the goods or their value, some other taxes may apply, such as excise duty or excise tax on luxury items. You are the importer, and you are responsible to pay these custom fees if they apply to your order.

WWCraven

Postby WWCraven » Mon Apr 05, 2021 0:35

I'm from Canada, up north in the Yukon and for sure shipping here is always more expensive than for southern Canada. When I placed my order for the MCG Ultimate for the shipping option (which seems new from my last order) I chose FedEx over DHL and I was charged $42.00 for shipping. Once the device arrived at customs FedEx called me to pay for duties and taxes which in my case came to $27.23 (only 5% GST).

Don't know what the cost for shipping a TECS would be, weight dependant I suppose, but I can guess it wouldn't be too much more than what I paid to bring in the Ultimate.

Zyll

Postby Zyll » Mon Apr 05, 2021 19:32

Thanks for your insights Craven, it's appreciated.

turbo_toni

Postby turbo_toni » Wed Apr 07, 2021 15:57

I'm so ready to buy this thing.

It would be really nice to get some release info
(¯`·.¸.--> turbo_toni

ginoc1

Postby ginoc1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:25

HOTAS pic 2.jpg
HOTAS pic 1.jpg

I mean this gets the job done but definitely getting long in the tooth! Can't WAIT!!!

jymp

Postby jymp » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:29

Yes, looking forward to this throttle, release info would be very welcome

Errant3

Postby Errant3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 23:51

Are gonna be made the three versions using the same plastic that mcg pro or any of them is gonna be made with metal like mcg ultimate?

Kreutzberg

Postby Kreutzberg » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:44

I've been wondering that as well. The original post says that it will incorporate rubber pads that are similar to the ultimate. That suggests it would at least be possible for it to have a metal version. I'm hoping that metal construction is one of the "outstandingly sweet extras" that is included in the premium version. The extra price versus the standard edition is quite a bit for just electronic detents (though those look really useful as well).

I am a new MCGU owner, and can say that the metal construction is great. A metal TECS to pair with it would be outstanding.

Return to “Official announcements”