MCG Ultimate. Close up.

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

MCG Ultimate. Close up.

Postby AeroGator » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:56

Cover_vlr.jpg

No funny stuff like those alloys whose names we don't speak out. A decent aluminum blend whose composition we prefer to keep private. Durable yet lightweight.

The weight is highly important. Many think the heavier the better - and there can hardly be a mistake more ridiculous than this. (indeed, why don't they make airplane parts from crude cast iron?)
A heavy grip loads centering mechanism of the base, and in case it sits on an extension tube things get even worse. A good grip is lightweight (but sinewy), durable, and beautiful. Athletic, in a word. Anyone saw an athlete making bars and beams crack?

Scale_G_vs.jpg

FYI:
• Plastic MCG (premium) - 330 g
• Warthog - 900 g
• Hornet - 840 g (plastic head on metal stem)
• MCG Ultimate - under 600 g
(MCG Ultimate is larger than the Hog... if it was made from silumin, it would weigh over 1.5 kg - no go).

Then, coating. Coatings, to be precise, as there are multiple.

Metal_Surf_vlr.jpg

The first coating is electroplated, same as you can see on Gunfighter bases and mechs. It covers the entire grip, in and out (as we know that a good grip must be beautiful not just on the outside)!
The second coating on the outer side is powder spray that is slightly rough to the touch. Just so to make it sit in your palm like it is part of it.
To make it feel even better, there are soft rubber pads on plastic bases: these two are cast together so there is no way rubber starts peeling off with some use. No way. Rubber caresses the hand while plastic base is what gets screwed to the metal. Result: in summer the hand doesn't sweat too heavily, in winter it prevents you from an unpleasant sensation of cold metal when you just start your engines.

Rubber_vlr.jpg

Then, buttons.
All silent. All long travel, all with tactile click. Clicks optimized at 5N applied force. And if you prefer muted mil-style colors, black button caps (included) are user-replaceable without a need to open the casing.
Ring finger button had mixed feedback; some found it tricky to press. Others wanted the opposite: to make it stiffer. We re-designed it, extending the travel and making it concave to prevent accidental pressing. In case you need it, there are rubber caps (included) that can be glued to the top of the button increasing its height.

BLever_vlr.jpg

Then, controls load.
As a side effect of making a full metal hull came increased structural rigidity. Which made heavier load possible on the flap trigger and brake lever (the latter takes up to 1.4 kg to fully depress).

Head_back_vs.jpg

Then, double step trigger. Re-designed. Silent but tactile. With well sensible steps.

Module_Inside_vlr.jpg

Now, hats and ministicks. Modular hats and ministicks.
Master mode and Gate cont controls became modular. You don't need to open the casing to replace the 5-button hat with a ministick, or vice versa, in any combination. The grip's main controller will automatically detect the change.
Besides, the hat module now becomes... modular. Every button is now sitting on its own board, and can be easily replaced: we know how in the heat of a dogfight you like hard pressing the controls.

Modules_vlr.jpg

DC and Manvr/PC hats grew in size and got more pronounced borders. Pressing them became easier and more natural.
Have we mentioned the hat and the ministick now have two user replaceable caps?

Head_Front_vlr.jpg

The eyes of the grip are two programmable LEDs shaped differently (for better identifying which one is lit, if only one is). You may use them for showing the ministick mode (ana/digi). Or, indicate shifts. Or just give you friendly winks.

The grip is supplied with or without twist mechanism. There is also a choice between Russian and English prints.

As the MCG is a copy control device its dimensions and controls' placement would not change. Hence, MCG and MCG Ultimate look nearly identical. However we worked a lot on the Ultimate's internals. Many know how much we dislike the cable jungle that grow inside some grips.

Grip_inside_vlr.jpg

To counter this, and to make assembling as well as opening the grip easy, we only let 3 cables inside the metal hull. After all, a premium grade grip has no right to look worse on the inside than on the outside. True beauty is all over and everywhere.
Then what.... Oh price. 250 USD for no-twist grip, and 275 for a twisted beauty. All modules are included, you don't have to buy any extras.

Availability.
We produced a limited number of grips. Starting 24 Dec only Gunfighter owners will be able to purchase the Ultimates. To order, you will need to quote the number of your Gunfighter base in the NOTES field. One number - one grip. Both A and B revisions are supported.
After Chinese New Year the grip will be sold separately, as well as in a set with the base. Our production capacity can now top at about 1000 Ultimates a month, so shortages are very unlikely (but if the market demands more, we will be able to swiftly increase the output).

Other_Side_vs.jpg

And finally, Why Buy if You Can Win? Leave a comment under the Youtube clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T023hS_gS5s), and on 4 Jan we will have a prize draw. The winner takes it all: a Gunfighter and a MCG Ultimate. Don't miss the chance!

S_H_Head_vlr.jpg
Best Regards,
AeroGator

dburne

Re: MCG Ultimate. Close up.

Postby dburne » Wed Dec 23, 2020 16:44

Ready to place my order, tomorrow you say right?
Will those of us in the U.S. order from the VKB North America site?

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 18:57

Looks fantastic! One question...if I already own an MCG Twist mechanism (Rev B), will I be able to swap it from my MCG Pro to an MCG Ultimate? Or is the module unique to each variant of MCG? Thx!

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Dec 23, 2020 19:40

Where do i find this number? I´ve upgraded my Base from GFII to GFIII btw. So what should i do?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 19:48

dburne wrote:Ready to place my order, tomorrow you say right? Will those of us in the U.S. order from the VKB North America site?

Yes and Yes.

blatherman wrote:Looks fantastic! One question...if I already own an MCG Twist mechanism (Rev B), will I be able to swap it from my MCG Pro to an MCG Ultimate? Or is the module unique to each variant of MCG? Thx!

Yes and No.

Stonehenge wrote:Where do i find this number? I´ve upgraded my Base from GFII to GFIII btw. So what should i do?

Bottom of the original base plate. Or the side of the box.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Dec 23, 2020 19:59

Of course I won't find her then. Is mounted on the UCM :lol: Thx for this answer :D But there are 4 rows of 10 numbers! Which is correct then? Or is it all together???

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 20:06

Pretty sure the first row would suffice; they would have you on file with the previous purchase too, this is just to keep scalpers away.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Dec 23, 2020 20:26

Good :D
But what about Europe? Will it also be available to order from Eduard?

dburne

Postby dburne » Wed Dec 23, 2020 21:04

Hmmm have my Gunfighter MK III mounted as well, will have to see if I can find the base plate and/or box.

Edit: Ok it was not on the box but I did find the base plate with the serial number.
Mine too has 4 rows of 10 digit numbers.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 23:10

Stonehenge wrote:But what about Europe?

Of course, first as China Express Airlift, then from local supply.

Roma

Postby Roma » Thu Dec 24, 2020 0:39

Nice I am ordering this! About what time on the 24th will it be available for order

Question about the Twist Model. Can the Twist be Locked like with a screw or something???

dburne

Postby dburne » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:12

Will this new metal version of the MCG Pro grip inherit the same button assignments in game as the MCG Pro, or will we be re-assigning those button assignments?

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:51

Roma wrote:Nice I am ordering this! About what time on the 24th will it be available for order

Question about the Twist Model. Can the Twist be Locked like with a screw or something???

Since he seemed to answer above that the twist from a MCG Pro can be moved to MCG Ultimate, it would seem to be the same twist mechanism.

And yes, the current one does have a locking screw.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:14

My good old "orange" Blackbox is still usable? And could I also convert the Twist Adapter from my old to the Ultimate?

GregP

Postby GregP » Thu Dec 24, 2020 14:49

Order placed!
Last edited by GregP on Thu Dec 24, 2020 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Official announcements”