VKB. Ultimate.

Moderator: AdminGroup

dburne

Re: VKB. Ultimate.

Postby dburne » Sun Jan 10, 2021 19:10

Good to know the size of the screw, I will be going to the hardware tomorrow anyway on something else and will pick this up as well.

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:00

Wow. Just wow.
This new VKB Ultimate Grip - is truly the ultimate.
This thing just screams quality all throughout.
To say I am impressed would be an understatement, I am more than impressed with this work of art.

Feels great in the hand. The green and red LED just below the upper left button are a nice touch. Green LED is lit when stick is plugged in. Red LED comes on when switch the Master Mode Hat to relative axis mode. Rubber textured pad on right side of grip feels great in the hand palm. Now with this beauty mounted on my extended Gunfighter MK III Pro, my stick setup is all metal throughout. Three additional round black button caps should one want to go all stealth black on the grip, which I will probably do.
And couple of extra Hat buttons should one want to use one a little different than what is on there.
Even a long phillips head screwdriver I assume to be used if changing those two hats out.

Got it set up, flashed, and calibrated in no time. Now just got to get all my flight sims mapped out. That's the fun part.
Did some flying with it this afternoon in MSFS 2020, loved it.
I will just say, I am sooo loving this new metal Ultimate grip!!

Oh and nice to have a twist axis should I ever need it, I went ahead and calibrated it as well.

https://i.imgur.com/aAYlYMi.jpg
IMG_0833.jpg

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:19

How would you rate this for a non-extension flyer? I plan to side stick it. Im just not a center mounted person.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:41

Mine is side-stick; space player here mostly. I use pretty weak springs too, and the soft-center space cams. (Can't honestly remember if I'm on #10 or #20 springs - one per axis only. But I did not feel the need to bump them up when I swapped in Ultimate and finally got to do some playing this weekend. I concur with pretty much every happy noise dburne made. This is a work of art, and function, indeed. My biggest complaint is that I am now on pins and needles hoping for a Kosmosima Ultimate for the left hand.

The green and red LED just below the upper left button are a nice touch.

You know these are fully programmable right? Even the black box LEDs. I won't claim this is 100% accurate, but here's my decyphering so far of LEDs. I only have the old black boxes so not sure if the new black ones are different; I know the lights are at least arranged a little differently from pictures.

The table for the blackbox is what I see setting a Zero State and deactivating other states for the LED #0-3, but in the software the actual 'color channel' you're programming might be different. By that I mean, when you pick an LED number, Color1 and Color2 will only let you put values into one of the 3 RGB channels. The editable RGB channel might not match what I show in my table, my table is the color I actually saw (no, I'm not colorblind). But I *think* that's just accident perhaps. My Kosmosima and BB seemed to be more accurate as to the non-grayed out 'channel' matching what I actually "see" if I set that color on, so it might just be the newness of the Ultimate firmware causing me some confusion. Anyway, I think LED#0-3 are actually 2 different color LEDs which can be alternated or mixed, not full RGB. Would love to be educated otherwise.

I currently have removed the analog/digital Master Mode for just the digital hat (seen in picture above), so for me the small dot is just static green, and the oval is off. I have the dot fast-flash cyan when I'm firing (because space simmer, lasers, "pew pew" :D ). I have the oval do a slow blink in red when the flip-up trigger is in the "up" position, since that's my mapping in Elite Dangerous for cargo scoop deployed. (In Elite the setting is 'hold' not 'toggle' so flipping the trigger back down closes it.)

There's also some checkboxes for inverting color (above the rows of all the programmable states) that I haven't messed with, yet.

Also if you ever want to ask for support and report the black box LED colors you're seeing as part of that report, make sure you revert back to default if you've altered these.
Last edited by rtrski on Tue Jan 12, 2021 15:12, edited 2 times in total.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35

Wow some great info there rtrski! Thanks for sharing!

I am sure some of that is a little over my head and abilities, but good to know! I am not surprised with VKB that even those LED's are customizable.

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:40

Ok so let me ask this.
I would like to replace those three round single button caps with the black ones that came included in the package with the grip.
Do they just pry off and snap on, or does the grip need to be opened up?

Thanks for any tips,

Edit: Also I have two very small black rubber dots, what are those for>One side appears to have a white liner that peels away from an adhesive on that side?

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:57

OK never mind, I went back and read the full original announcement and I think those two questions were answered there:

<<<Ring finger button had mixed feedback; some found it tricky to press. Others wanted the opposite: to make it stiffer. We re-designed it, extending the travel and making it concave to prevent accidental pressing. In case you need it, there are rubber caps (included) that can be glued to the top of the button increasing its height>>>

I will probably make use of those rubber caps. I noticed that button might be a little tricky with the pinky.
Also I read in that OP that those button caps could be replaced without taking grip apart - so I assume they just snap off and back on.

Drano

Postby Drano » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:35

I put a little stick-on bumper on my original MCG-Pro pinkie button almost immediately. Just got a variety pack at the hardware store and found one I liked best. Works great. Very functional but then again I've never been a slave to fashion!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:44

dburne wrote:Do they just pry off and snap on, or does the grip need to be opened up?

Yup!

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jan 12, 2021 13:24

Ah thanks much looks simple enough, will get this done here shortly.

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Sun Feb 28, 2021 20:49

Been a while since the threads been active. Any word on the Ultimate Grip + Base together release? I know the CNY just ended. Maybe they need more time.

Thanks!

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Sun Feb 28, 2021 21:13

From the european website: Various Gunfighter Mk.III models and T-Rudder pedals will be re-stocked on the 5th of March.

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Sat Mar 06, 2021 16:12

This is the longest 10 days ever :lol: I keep refreshing the page to see if it's in stock again every morning.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 18:25

rif-1615294351092.jpg

. . . . . . . . . .

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:42

I cannot contain my excitement... Ive been refreshing the page every morning for the last 2 weeks :D :D :D

Return to “Official announcements”