VKB. Ultimate.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Coyote_One

Re: VKB. Ultimate.

Postby Coyote_One » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:24

Just got mine in the mail!!!!

Any videos on how to install and put this thing together?? Instructions are kinda odd.
Attachments
IMG_20210319_171207.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:31

Congrats! Here's the requested material.

First impressions?

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:27

Thank you!

Well this is my first "enthusiast" high end stick and wow im blown away. The build quality is nothing short of beautiful. I came from an X56 thats like 5 years old. I went with the short one for a side stick config but now that I know what a real stick feels like I might buy the extension today.

My downsides are I have long fingers so the grips a little awkward without having a pinkie switch I have to use the knuckle of my ring finger to hit the button on the side. <--- Minor issue

All thats left is to experiment with the springs to find the right fit! Out of the box the current configuration is DEFINITELY too weak to handle the weight of this bad boy. I need a more defined center point, but I also dont want a lot of force applied too.

Its going to take time but WELL WORTH THE WAIT! I was about to buy "the other guys" Until you made the announcement for the ultimate. Im not one to do videos or anything but I might post a review after some time just so people can see what its like.

So far I love it. The curved grip just feels so natural compared to what I had before.
Attachments
162033340_853651872146850_6473383208044831430_n.jpg

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:34

Short term review after about maybe 8 hours of flying time.

I guess the only complaint I have right now is the Hat switch on the outer right side for your finger. The serrations are vertical so my finger slips off the edge before I can press the switch up or down. It would have been nice to have the serrations horizontally instead because it's easier to push forward and aft even without the serrations.

The solution is just put a TINY little dot of friction tape on top the switch for more grip and it works really well.

Idk if this hat switch is detachable but something to think about :) this switch is probably the weakest "feeling" switch on the entire grip.

Also the trigger detents feel less "clicky" than I imagined. Hopefully they last a long time. They feel a bit soft.
Attachments
IMG_20210323_203059.jpg

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:16

My MCGU arrived yesterday! And I just want to say that I am totally thrilled! This is an absolute masterpiece !!! Whoever is responsible ... I'll take off my nonexistent hat :wink:
I only had one small gripe with my Pro. And that was this one switch:
IMG_20210327_075423_246.jpg

The push function was simply not solved well here. To put it exaggeratedly, this switch was just too wobbly and it was very difficult to hit correctly. The 4 ways were never a problem, but the push. But now, with this masterpiece, it is finally the way it should be :D :D :D

And then there is the new brake lever with resistance and the interchangeable switches ...... just great!!! Above all, the ease of implementation. I just can't stop being amazed :D :D :D And don't forget: the choice of materials and appearance! It all looks and feels amazing! I had to say goodbye to my 2 x 20 spring setup because the grip is too heavy, but with 2 x 30 it's now even smoother than before. The stick can just hold the middle position, but that's exactly how I want it 8) Everything is as smooth as butter and you can no longer feel any transitions between the X and Y axes. Just great!!!! Many thanks to the whole team for this great piece of technology. Please keep it up and stay healthy

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Fri Aug 20, 2021 17:03

I agreed, the middle 5-way is bit too soft.. I would love to it to have somewhat like a hard rubber feel and a soft click at the top just like trying to bend a thick eraser.. maybe a rubber ring mod would work?

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Fri Aug 20, 2021 17:06

Stonehenge wrote:My MCGU arrived yesterday! And I just want to say that I am totally thrilled! This is an absolute masterpiece !!! Whoever is responsible ... I'll take off my nonexistent hat :wink:
I only had one small gripe with my Pro. And that was this one switch:
IMG_20210327_075423_246.jpg

The push function was simply not solved well here. To put it exaggeratedly, this switch was just too wobbly and it was very difficult to hit correctly. The 4 ways were never a problem, but the push. But now, with this masterpiece, it is finally the way it should be :D :D :D

And then there is the new brake lever with resistance and the interchangeable switches ...... just great!!! Above all, the ease of implementation. I just can't stop being amazed :D :D :D And don't forget: the choice of materials and appearance! It all looks and feels amazing! I had to say goodbye to my 2 x 20 spring setup because the grip is too heavy, but with 2 x 30 it's now even smoother than before. The stick can just hold the middle position, but that's exactly how I want it 8) Everything is as smooth as butter and you can no longer feel any transitions between the X and Y axes. Just great!!!! Many thanks to the whole team for this great piece of technology. Please keep it up and stay healthy

Really? I absolutely love the feeling of that middle switch.

Return to “Official announcements”