Not just colorful Vacheron Constantin-style but also so adjustable it may fit almost any hand like a snug glove.
Please meet THQ.
Throttle Quadrant extension module, a stalwart member of GNX clan.
- - adjustable length/height of all levers.
- 5 interchangeable lever heads of different colors and shape, for blind/tactile recognition in the dark or VR: for gas, pitch, mixture, plus two heads for radiators.
- VKB trademark dry clutch on all axes to adjust load from "breathe, and it moves" to "armwrestling".
There are also 8 buttons on THQ. Same kind of buttons you can see on SEM. Two of them protected by safety covers. Depressions by every button mean there are stickers coming for easy and convenient mapping.
Number of axes: 3.
As THQ is a modular device, pilots can build it into any configuration with any number of axes (up to 4 THQs), in case some prefer multi-engine planes.
Needless to mention, THQ is fully capable of being a standalone usb device that can be used as an addition to any gaming ecosystem of any brand.
And of course, of course, it is made to shine as a part of a GNX setup.
Bill Gates once wisely said that 640Kb of RAM will forever be all one could want. Well, he was "alternatively correct".
He was once again alternatively correct when he only assigned 8 axes to a Direct-X joystick.
A challenge here is that GNX (5 axes) coupled with THQ (3 axes) already sum in 8 axes. But what if you want more THQs? Windows will not recognize the second THQ.
VKB offers 2 solutions.
- 1 - Install an additional usb controller in the 2nd THQ. Then Windows will see it as a yet another device. This is a pretty mainstream solution used by many.
2 - Get a newly developed Njoy 32NG firmware, a seriously advanced version of famous Njoy 32. We've been working on it for a couple of years.
This firmware sports virtual controllers, that would allow... you want 20? - OK, 20 axes. A device running new firmware can still be connected to the computer with a single usb cable, but will be seen by Windows as 3 joysticks: 2x8 axes, plus 1x4.
Hi Bill Gates, slept well last night?
VKB will offer free... (pause here, drums roll) - free upgrades from Njoy 32 to Njoy 32NG.
NOTE: New fw is now in beta status, brave souls can download it from our developer's site. (only experienced users are advised to take these risks before official release: there is no step by step guidance nor rescue service; ask me for the download link via PM - not live chat).
Summarizing it all:
- - original and innovative,
- ergonomically designed,
- stackable (up to 4),
- capable of working in a system, or independently (with a detachable rear support),
- compact and sturdy.
You're still here, Mr Gates? We can set one aside for you.