VKB GLADIATOR NXT - Entry Level Taken to the NXT Level

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: VKB GLADIATOR NXT - Entry Level Taken to the NXT Level

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 17:04

Sorry, the Gladiator K was just a limited edition and is out of stock. The new product of the Gladiator series is the NXT.

Nick69169

Postby Nick69169 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 19:34

Will we be able to get an extension for it? If not im going to get the gunfighter mk3 space force

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 20:04

Extensions put a lot of tension on the internals and even if the gimbal is more resistant than the previous model of the Gladiator, it's still plastic. The only base designed for extensions is the GunFighter.

e1ectr0nik

Postby e1ectr0nik » Wed Aug 12, 2020 21:17

LoftyHeights wrote:Hi,

What does this mean for the Gladiator-K model? I was looking forward to stock of this returning to Europe because I am after a single consolidated unit and the NXT does not satisfy this purpose.

Thanks!

K version was a limited edition, to empty the stock. I don't get why NXT won't satisfy you, it's the same as K, but smaller base

LoftyHeights

Postby LoftyHeights » Thu Aug 13, 2020 0:39

.. and fewer controls/switches, inferior grip, terrible throttle...

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:15

LoftyHeights wrote:.. and fewer controls/switches,

On the base? Then yes, 7 buttons compared with 14 buttons on the original base. But there are also 3 other modules available for it, with 5 times more buttons if needed.

LoftyHeights wrote:inferior grip,

Inferior grip? It's the same grip as on Gladiator K and has more buttons and axes than the original KG12 grip.

LoftyHeights wrote:terrible throttle...

The new mini-throttle is quality superior to the original one.

Other perks for the new joystick that might interest you:
- stronger plastic, fiber glass reinforced;
- harder springs;
- less wires inside, so less worries outside;
- better quality buttons;
- lower profile compared to the original base, so it fits better on the desk.

WallysWorld

Postby WallysWorld » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:02

I think I'm in agreement with LoftyHeights in that the Gladiator Mk.II and the K version were better fits for myself as well. I already have a separate throttle and the Mk.II had the perfect set of buttons and feel for my liking. I bought the Mk.II last summer so it should be good for quite a while, but I don't think I would get the NXT to replace once (and if) it wears out.

Pewbaca

Postby Pewbaca » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:43

First of all a great idea.

I understand that for people who consider buying a single joystick the Gladiator-K looks like the better solution.

As a whole concept (with modules) i like this one better.

questions:

1: As a owner of the Gladiator-K are the bases interchangable?

2: Whats the idea behind the FSM-DIY module. Will we be able to buy single buttons and integrate them?

3: THQ will they be sold as three throttle in one package or each on their own.

4: Can you describe what the improvements in the base are?

5: Modules: Will there be some kind of modular desk mount? Can we screw the modules down etc?

Pewbaca

Postby Pewbaca » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:51

First of all i like the concept.

I do understand that if you see the stick as a single product the NXT looks inferior to the K. But as whole concept i like it.

Questions:

1 As a Gladiator K owner is the grip camptabile to the NXT base (i assume yes but want to make sure)
2 Can you describe the improvements of the NXT base to the old Base? What do you consider as an improvement?
3 FSM DIY Module. How exactly is that meant to be? Will we be able to buy different buttons and integrate them by ourself? or is it more holder and the integration is up to us?
4 THQ: Are the three throttles one package or will ne they sold as single units?
5 Will the be a modular desk mount? How can we screw down the bases in our own system?

Loki.mir

Postby Loki.mir » Thu Aug 13, 2020 17:34

It's nice but is this thing really to be placed on a desk like an 80's CH toy? Get serious, guys, I need a button box for my stronghold mount! Since i am (or rather was, now maybe!) about to buy stronghold mounts, which should i buy, now that things are changing? Should i wait for a specific mount for the button box, or will the button box be fitted on any mount, like a phone or a keyboard with their holders, so i can buy a generic short mount?

Does what i'm asking for have anything to do with this TEX thing you guys are talking about?

Fentomized

Postby Fentomized » Thu Aug 13, 2020 18:58

The modules look great! But can they also be used standalone rather than having to stick on the base? I can see that being a problem for people wanting the throttle on one side and the stick on the other, especially in a cockpit.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 19:21

Pewbaca wrote:1: As a owner of the Gladiator-K are the bases interchangable?

No, the grip uses a different connector to fit the new NXT base. It's the same Kosmosima grip with a different connector which could get swapped.

Pewbaca wrote:2: Whats the idea behind the FSM-DIY module. Will we be able to buy single buttons and integrate them?

That's right, you could build your own button box and integrate it in the system.

Pewbaca wrote:3: THQ will they be sold as three throttle in one package or each on their own.

THQ is a single unit with 3 throttles.

Pewbaca wrote:4: Can you describe what the improvements in the base are?

5 years of research and development, base is made of stronger plastic, fiber glass reinforced, there are less wires inside, better quality buttons, lower profile compared to the original base so it fits better on the desk.

Pewbaca wrote:5: Modules: Will there be some kind of modular desk mount? Can we screw the modules down etc?

The Gladiator NXT base has exactly the same footprint as Gladiator MKII/K so it would fit the UCM. For the rest of the modules' integration an announcement would come soon.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 19:24

Loki.mir wrote:It's nice but is this thing really to be placed on a desk like an 80's CH toy? Get serious, guys, I need a button box for my stronghold mount! Since i am (or rather was, now maybe!) about to buy stronghold mounts, which should i buy, now that things are changing? Should i wait for a specific mount for the button box, or will the button box be fitted on any mount, like a phone or a keyboard with their holders, so i can buy a generic short mount?
Does what i'm asking for have anything to do with this TEX thing you guys are talking about?

The Gladiator GNX base would fit the UCM system and there's already a plate available for it. For the rest of the modules please wait for the official announcement.
The TECS line is different than the Gladiator series; it will show up by the end of the year with full integration with UCS system.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 19:26

Fentomized wrote:The modules look great! But can they also be used standalone rather than having to stick on the base? I can see that being a problem for people wanting the throttle on one side and the stick on the other, especially in a cockpit.

The base and the modules could get connected together and plugged into the computer as a single unit. But each individual module could also get connected to the computer as a single device. It's up to the user how he prefers.

elmar01

Postby elmar01 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:19

Hey VKB,

Firstly congratulations on releasing this product, looks very nice!

Just a few questions,

1. Do you have the overall dimensions of the Gladiator NXT? perhaps is it taller or shorter than the Gladiator MK2?

2. Does the Gladiator NXT have a twist axis?

3. With the THQ Throttle Quadrant Module, does it support reverse thrust for Airliner use?

Return to “Official announcements”