L/H MCG still a thing ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

azmodiuz

L/H MCG still a thing ?

Postby azmodiuz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:06

Is the left hand MCG grips still a thing ?

The whole reason why I purchased the MCG to begin with was they told us they were going to make a left hand version as well, and it's been like a year or something now and I've not seen any talk of it.

I know we all want to know about these twist adapters, wish they could tell us what the hold up is, I feel there really is no patent thing preventing it from being sold. People would just sell it. VKB doesn't have enough sales, is not large enough to really care about another company stealing it's design, really, like who is going to steal it ? Why bother patenting it, someone explain that to me.

I also know we have some new KOSMO grips coming out, very cool, but I feel they lack the buttons I need, and from the looks of it they look very wide/thick, which might not be good for me, I have small hands, am a small guy, and the MGC is larger then I want to begin with. So, question is, does anyone know if maybe it's smaller than MCG sticks ? maybe it only looks like it's larger to me, would any of the testers be able to tell me?

AeroGator

Re: L/H MCG still a thing ?

Postby AeroGator » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:53

azmodiuz wrote:Is the left hand MCG grips still a thing ?

The left hand MCG grips are not a thing any more.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 20:33

Ah friggin hell !

Thats the main reason I bought the MCG pro in the first place, I wanted a nice combat stick matching both sides. (Mind you - with Twist, which was supposed to be here a year ago)

So I wasted like 500$ waited over a year or two and have this gimbal and stick I don't use, it's not compatible with any of the newer products and I even have buttons that are uncomfortable that are so sharp they sort of half cut my fingers when playing.

I'm in a bad place right now with this stick.

I need someone to help me figure this out, maybe some damage control on your end would be appreciated VKB.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:14

- you spent money on something you wanted, and you got it, no one held a gun to your head to make this purchase.
do you buy a house and complain when you didn't plan it right?
do you buy a car and expect it to be more than it is?

the main reason you bought the stick was because you wanted the best stick on the market, you knew it didn't have twist, but you bought it anyway, because it was and still is #1
you didn't waste $500, you spent it! and you enjoyed using it! it's not a waste if you owned it for a year and had fun with it.

if you don't use the gimbal and stick anymore, is that because you don't play games anymore?
or
did it sit on your shelf doing nothing all this time?

what newer products were you expecting it to be compatible with?
products built now?
or
in the future?
do you expect all products to be backwards compatible for life?

uncomfortable?
have you expressed this issue before?
did you not think about bringing this up when you purchased the product over a year ago?

no, let me answer your questions for you.
you are in a bad place because you put yourself there, you have no-one to complain to except yourself.

grow up and own up to your own decisions, but STOP complaining to VKB as if they had something to do with it.

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Sun Dec 30, 2018 20:28

I can sympathize with azmodius regarding the lack of L/H MCG (but I only recall its existence was speculation, not certainty). I was also hoping for a L/H MCG over the Kosmosima both for simpit symmetry and because there's a few more buttons on the MCG Pro (and a brake lever!) which will make up for not having buttons on the base of the GF.

I was intending to switch one translation axis to the left/right brake levers, but with the Kosmosima, that will be the Z twist, which is going to give me both + and - on one axis instead of two. So I guess I can live with that.

Also, the scroll wheel on the Kosmosima is a plus, definitely useful since the MCG or my current Throttle doesn't have it.

Thirdly if I'm counting them correctly, the Kosmosima has 1 less button and 1 less hat than the MCG? While the Kosmosima also has mini-stick modularity, a Z-axis twist and a scroll wheel. Maybe that's why they're not doing L/H MCG. They did ask people to vote if stick symmetry was important and many said it wasn't.

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 23:08

There's no scroll wheel on the Kosmosima. That's the Virpil Constellation Delta. I wish it did have one, though.

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:47

Yes, you're correct. I was entirely mistaken in that regard, something I finally realized when they announced the release date of the SCG and provided ample photos

hon0

Postby hon0 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:21

AeroGator wrote:
azmodiuz wrote:Is the left hand MCG grips still a thing ?

The left hand MCG grips are not a thing any more.

Arf, this make me sad :(

I would like a brake a brake lever on my left hand stick so I'll wait for the next one. I also want twist, and if it was for me personally, a "single side" motorcycle style twist.
I explained the reasons here :

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2495&p=32486#p32486
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:50

hon0 wrote:Arf, this make me sad

I can understand you - bet we have to operate within realistic borders, too. We believe Kosmosima grip is as close to perfection as could be within these borders. Try it :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Thu Jan 03, 2019 20:03

I actually agree with this logic. The Kosmosiva Left Hand should satisfy space and flight needs.

So now the question is about the twist adapter, for the right hand. Will we at least be getting the twist adapter for the MCG Pro sometime soon? Q1 2019? Any news you can share about this? Thank you!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29

Ecoline Crush wrote:Any news you can share about this?

When there are news to share we don't keep them to ourselves but post them on this forum (and sometimes on external platforms such as forums.eagle.ru and/or reddit).
If there are no news posted - there are no news we are ready to share.
Please visit the forums periodically, and you will never miss the news!
:)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Official announcements”