Twist Adapter ETA?

Moderator: AdminGroup

RN_Max

Re: Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby RN_Max » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36

Thanks Gator, we understand your position. We also like the assurance that our preferences are received and fed back.

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:11

So 2019 is here....

UPDATES? 2049?
Maybe mid-May 2049? At least Q3 2049! Please! OK, 2051 Q2?!

Pretty sure Ill be too ol...oh wait...i wont care by then.....

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:43

a smart arse eh..
well.. allow me to be the first to tell you it is not 2019 yet! look at your calendar!

also, these comments are not wanted on this forum, it's not funny and I simply don't care for your boring dry humor.

Instead of insulting and insinuating, how about supporting and helping?

alternatively if you choose to be a child.

I would like to see you attempt to make a product for the rest of the world and then I will poke fun at you!

my advice, Grow Up and stop acting like a child, it would take you until 2049 or 2051 to do this anyway!

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:09

The comment is in jest. Its important to joke as it brings perspective. Also, its not up to you to say what is wanted or not, nor does your taste of humor qualify the acceptance of my comment. I think that's childish.

The most important (probably only important) word in my comment was "UPDATES". Summarizes my point really.

The comment before mine was posted literally 3 months prior. I would think an update is warranted. I shouldn't even have to ask about it. There should have been some sort of news update.

Hence my comments on this forum. There's also only so much you can do with very little access and customer engagement. Also, its the company's job to be supportive and helpful, not the customers, but I understand what you mean. Except, I'm not sure if you do yourself when all you do is try to tell others that they are being unsupportive/not helpful. Once again, bottom line is that its not anyone's job to be supportive or helpful. Its out of care, concern, love that we try to be. And I know of course that you also care very much, hence your comments, but you can also be more supportive by engaging, not just telling others off.

No one is questioning the abilities of the company or their timelines. Not really anyway. People just want engagement so that they feel like they are investing in something that will come to fruition and that they can be a part of. Most of this is just answering questions/technical support quickly and consistently and having official posts about whats going on in the company. Like product phase updates, maybe batch updates, maybe even something as simple as lowering shipping cost updates, etc. (these are just examples) Star Citizen is notorious for taking forever to be in development, but because they have like 4 posts a week and answer questions (including support questions) pretty consistently and every day, they have gotten so much donations and community feedback. Not asking for that level of engagement obviously, just a few lines of text here and there.....

If its still not clear enough, its about asking for transparency.

Issues:

1. People are complaining about REV A and B compatibility issues. This doesn't seem to be something that's being addressed. I myself don't have this issue, but if I did, I would be quite upset, too. There should be some sort of constructive reply about this. Even if its something like "We have no plans on making future products compatible with REV A." Sure, that would upset a lot of people and that would not be a recommended move but at the very least, people can sell their Gunfighter and figure out next steps instead of waiting for years on a new hope. (No Luke Skywalker coming to save the day.)

2a. Product updates are very sparse. Shouldn't need to be asked for a tiny piece of news with often which the answers are vague. Always few and far in between. This is not effective customer relations or marketing that would elevate the status of the company's support policies and actions. I posted on another thread how to help with this and in a way where customers aren't let down by timelines.

2b. People are not upset by actual timelines as they are of the lack of clarity of whats happening and getting their questions answered. Even if there is no answer for something, that should be stated. EXAMPLE: "We have no hard deadline to give about this products arrival to market currently. We are in the "design" phase. Generally, it takes a product 8 months to be available for sale from beginning to end within 6 phases. We are in the 2nd phase. We will update when a new phase of the product is in motion." Its as simple as saying that and giving updates as products change phases. Maybe a website that has a blog post every month. I'm sure every two weeks would be asking too much at this point, but some sort of active and consistent community engagement would do wonders.

3a. Speaking of support, I made an order and got no reply back yet about the order being processed or not. It should be within 24 hours (48 hours? 72 hours?) that you get a simple message saying "Thank you for the order, we will process soon and update shipment." Takes about 10 seconds to comment that. I shouldn't have to message at 3 different websites to 4 different people just to make sure my order was even seen. What did I pay $500 for then? If this is a ridiculous demand, then I'd be happy to hear why.

3b. Questions should be replied to as soon as possible with "real answers". Sometimes VKB staff just says some random vague sentiment. Which only makes the situation more frustrating/upsetting/annoying. As I said before, this should be consistent and maybe every two days, a staff member goes through the forums to see if there are any new questions and answers them. This should take about 15 minutes every 48 hours. That's me quantifying the time allocation because I know staff and support services are very limited. Perhaps putting it this way shows that it is worth doing and can actually be done.

Consistent communication is all anyone really wants. Everything else are over reactions when people get frustrated for investing in something that is seemingly yielding very little. Clearly our frustrations mean we really care. You generally don't get truly upset at random people and things in the same way you do with people you care about or issues that are really important to you.

I spent $830 bucks with VKB. That's a lot of money for 2 little products for a niche hobby. And it is quite a bit of money when considered that certain people are living off of a few dollars a month. A considerable amount of money when compared to the rest of the computer peripherals market. That's the same cost as a HIGHER END keyboard ($200), mouse ($120), headphones ($200), speakers ($200) and with money to spare. Or two nice monitors, etc. Everyone is also not making bank, and this might just be saved up money over weeks/months.

Point is that people are invested. Its not a $20 dollar pair or headphones that you didn't like or stopped working.

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Wed Mar 13, 2019 23:04

Bump ... any update on the twist adaptor?

Not wanting to wake up the rabid hipster freaks of course. Rant sessions like the above are definitely surplus to requirements. Take it to PM, the rest of us are not interested.

Just news thanks.

ADMRL

Postby ADMRL » Fri Mar 29, 2019 20:40

I think we do deserve some information on this.

I specifically bought the MCG Pro with the Gunfighter base because it was going to come with a twist adapter. I play space sims so having that extra axis is important.

Please, any information is welcome.

Thank you.

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Thu May 30, 2019 19:46

viewtopic.php?p=35505#p35505

...thats all we got yet but hey - it´s waiting for 3 years now only ;)

ADMRL

Postby ADMRL » Mon Jul 22, 2019 19:17

Do we have an update? I have double the amount of grey hairs since I've last heard anything about the twist adapter.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 19:42

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 21:25

I don't speak Russian, and google translate can make a mess of things at times...the conversation seemed to be focusing on the release of new space cams...were they also talking about the twist adapter, too?

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56

What is implicit in that topic is more "until September nothing will be released" (staff is or will be in 30 days holidays).

In September should start selling "new products", that besides the mentioned new CAM profiles can be:

Deskmount (picture in the topic)
New version of Gunfigher (picture in the topic) - with NJoy32NG (next generation) controller.
The X upgrade for Gladiator Mk.II accept Kosmosima/MCG grips
Short extensions (10 cm)
Twist adapter
TECS throttle
F-14 grip
Something secret... :mrgreen:

Opera resume: is need await September for a more objective answer, the official announcements (that in the past don't mean immediate availability of products announced) :wink:

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:07

Almost a week into October now, and still nothing... :(

I think the twist is never going to happen

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 13:48

Sokol1 wrote:What is implicit in that topic is more "until September nothing will be released" (staff is or will be in 30 days holidays).

In September should start selling "new products", that besides the mentioned new CAM profiles can be:

Deskmount (picture in the topic)
New version of Gunfigher (picture in the topic) - with NJoy32NG (next generation) controller.
The X upgrade for Gladiator Mk.II accept Kosmosima/MCG grips
Short extensions (10 cm)
Twist adapter
TECS throttle
F-14 grip
Something secret... :mrgreen:

Opera resume: is need await September for a more objective answer, the official announcements (that in the past don't mean immediate availability of products announced) :wink:

Two weeks into October now and nothing... News on EU and US store sites are dead, no updates or anything. Facebook page hasn't updated in over a year. Things are looking grim for VKB - I don't even get replies from the company anymore.

I think it'll be quicker to sell my MCG Pro and buy a Virpil Constellation Alpha when it's released - at least they provide updates and timetables including delays!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53

You can do whatever you see fit. We cannot forbid you to do this. Your "threats" to sell your MCG and move to another seller, from the outside, look ridiculous. Our whole life consists of compromises. Is not it?
When the product is ready for sale, only then there will be an announcement. And not before.

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:10

Maybe my 'threat' looks ridiculous from the outside - but think about this.... A company that doesn't communicate, at all, and says things will be made then goes silent. THAT looks ridiculous.

There are a lot of fanboys here (and the product is fantastic) but the fanboys are so indoctrinated that a bad word cannot be said in their minds.

At the end of the day VKB is losing customers by their own silence. Outside of these forums and in game forums - VKB is getting more and more disliked. People who once loved them are now warning others not to buy due to VKBs silence (check out VKBs facebook, no updates in over two and a half years - zero community engagement).

Fanboys abusing anyone who says a bad word just drives patient people wanting answers into leaving.

As soon as Virpil have the Alpha out I'm selling my VKB and not looking back - if by some miracle they actually release the twist before then I'll stick with them (this is the better option as it will be cheaper!). But I'm not holding my breath, from the outside - VKB looks dead in the water.

Return to “Official announcements”