Twist Adapter ETA?

Moderator: AdminGroup

shucioh

Re: Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby shucioh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:18

So looking forward to see those adapters ready and for sell.

A question guys. ¿The adapter will be for the MCG Pro, or for both pro and non pro?
While waiting for the adapter ¿should I buy the "VKB-Sim Gunfighter Mk.II ‘Modern Combat Edition’ w/ MCG PRO Grip" or the "VKB-Sim Gunfighter Mk.II ‘Modern Combat Edition’ w/ MCG Grip"?
¿"VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.II ‘Modern Combat Edition’ w/ MCG Grip" or "VKB-Sim Gladiator Pro Mk.II ‘Modern Combat Edition’ w/ MCG PRO Grip"?

Which one is gonna have the adapter first?

Sorry newbie questions but dont know VKM joysticks very well. Ive been looking for a professional joystick with twist for so long. Since I started playing Elite Dangerous.

Thanks in advance

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:24

The twist adapter should be available for both the MCG and MCG PRO, as both are "twist ready".

The twist adapter will be sold as a stand-alone accessory, so you can always install the twist adapter later, regardless of what Gunfighter you're going with.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

shucioh

Postby shucioh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38

Thanks. That helped a lot! Now I know the Gunfighter I need so Im gonna preorder it

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 16:47

Waiting over a year now for this shit, is giving this company a bad rep.
---
Moderator's note:
user azmodiuz was served the second (and the last) warning for profanity and trolling.
I am not deleting his post so it can stay here as an example of what a good post should not look like.
Please be polite and civil.

shucioh

Postby shucioh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:35

Any news on the adapter? ^^ Sorry I cant wait and my actual joystick is dying.

ADMRL

Postby ADMRL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 22:48

Im getting the shakes when is it coming?
and the throttle?

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Thu Apr 05, 2018 17:17

In the General board, rtrski shared this reddit link with some info directly from VKB. https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments ... e/dwcvws9/

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Mon Apr 09, 2018 0:54

hope we can have the fully sets in 2018...
again with all-in-one connect box.

graysson

Postby graysson » Mon Apr 09, 2018 18:09

I dont think its possible because the grips would have more buttons than Windows can handle in a single device.

VPC has set its date for their throttle and twist stick to May 20th.
So VKB has to hurry up a bit to get all the customers waiting to buy a full stick or even a full set.
Otherwise all thats left are customers like me that already bought a Gunfighter last year in the hope that the MCG doesnt take much longer.
If not ill problably just sell my Gunfighters and be done with VKB.

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:56

Yup. I think this might be VKB's last chance to make headway with their customers.
Otherwise, people will sell their Gunfighter and purchase the other brand. I am on my last leg too with this.

In no time, the competition made a left-hand stick and is OPENING A FACTORY!
That's a really good example of running a good business.

VKB has some serious catching up to do, if there are even loyal customers left and there might not be anymore new customers unfortunately, after this whole delay.

I heard the Chinese New Year excuse, but other companies didn't make this excuse and are delivering like they promised.

Kind of losing faith here. The dates keep getting pushed back. My money might be spent better elsewhere, which is unfortunate because I want VKB to succeed....

Just to CATCH UP, they need:

IMMEDIATELY:
1. Stock of Products Offered.
2. Left Hand Grip.

WITHIN 1.5 MONTHS:
3. Throttle System.
4. New "Space Sim" Grip.

To BEAT THE COMPETITION:

5. Twist Adapter.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Apr 10, 2018 14:49

In all fairness, the other guys might fumble the ball a bit after "opening a factory".

It's not like you just buy the machines, install them, flip a switch, and product comes out. Factories (whether you are building your own or having production done elsewhere and overseeing the line) take some time to dial processes in, and take constant monitoring or they *will* lose the 'recipe' and you start getting "sheet" not "shinola" if you know what I mean. Even if you're mostly assembling parts built elsewhere, you can expect a couple of lots of very low yield and a lot of rework to start with.

At this point I'm sure our hosts know what is at stake -- if they didn't already. So let's just let it play out... Personally they've got a little good will from me for a really (really!) good GF + MCG-Pro product, so I can give them the benefit of the doubt a bit longer without feeling like a fanboi. But I'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted all the rest of it "NOW" too. ;-D
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Ecoline Crush

Postby Ecoline Crush » Tue Apr 10, 2018 22:03

I am in agreement in regards to the good will too. I think its always healthy for the companies to succeed. Gives us, the consumers, a better option pool.

In that sense, I am more than willing to stick by the VKB team.

By the way guys, if you guys need help with graphic design or copy editing or even help with the website, I am a designer and developer and would gladly offer my assistance. :P

SimpleSimon

Postby SimpleSimon » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22

thanks for the update. looking forward to buying one

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:46

thought to share this, from reddit.

aklambda

Postby aklambda » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:20

Sounds good. I am really looking forward to the Twist Adapter. As I am not that interested in the throttle, I am much rather looking forward to the new Left Hand Space Sim Stick that they teased a while ago. I hope that it is still in production.

Return to “Official announcements”