Twist Adapter ETA?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Alpha Z3r0

Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby Alpha Z3r0 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 0:26

What is the estimated release date for the twist adapter?

Also, is there any word yet on the left hand grip? Will the twist adapter work with it?

AeroGator

Re: Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:59

Uncertain. Saying April-May would be reasonably safe but might as well be later into the summer.
Don't take it as any sort of promise or official statement.
Twist on left hand grip - yes, it will.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Alpha Z3r0

Postby Alpha Z3r0 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 16:01

Thanks for the reply :)

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25

Yup, and even when they get a date set, don't hold your breath because there can be unexpected manufacturing setbacks and the like... comes when it comes!

Cheshir

Postby Cheshir » Thu Jan 18, 2018 17:57

The twist will be executed by a separate module that can be installed on the (already purchased) VKB-Sim Gunfighter Mk.II MCG Pro, or will it be a new Joystick?

zenmonkey

Postby zenmonkey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 18:39

Its a module. I was wondering how it was going to work myself until I open up my MCG. It looks like you'll swap out the mounting point in the stick. Currently the MCG reserves the z-axis so the new mounting point module will provide that z-axis.

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 22:41

That's another reason for the disassembly guide

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47

AeroGator wrote:Uncertain. Saying April-May would be reasonably safe but might as well be later into the summer.
Don't take it as any sort of promise or official statement.
Twist on left hand grip - yes, it will.

Does those dates apply for L/H MCG grip too?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:17

In a word, we will feel extremely lucky if yes.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:13

what does that mean ?

how about a yes or no, instead of some random sentiment.

The twist adapter for competitors is coming out, and if theirs comes out first, then what was the point waiting all this time for the VKB one ?

You guys should just release it and stop this non-sense with patenting and waiting for it etc...

You are losing more money then making it by losing out on 1-2 years of sales.

Those 1-2 years of extra sales would have made you more in the long run with the amount of traction you would have gotten.

Someone at the head of this company doesn't know what they are doing, and needs to understand marketing better, IMO.

marcusstratus

Postby marcusstratus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:26

They gave us a definite ETA on the MCG last year, and it was actually released 2 or 3 months after that. From my perspective, it appears they find it more prudent to give us a time range estimate than an exact date that they have no real way of guaranteeing (and then causing more disappointment by getting peoples hopes up and not delivering). As far as I'm aware, big name brands like Thrustmaster and Saitek also have extended development times but, unlike VKB, we don't hear about the products they're developing until the work is done and they have a safe estimate on delivery time. The waiting game is what we get by being seeing more of the development process.

This process goes two ways, VKB gives us sneak peaks on what they're working on and we give them feedback that they can use to ultimately make a better product. (remember the ring finger button on the MCG, I use it ALL the time) Plus it develops brand loyalty which makes competition less of an issue, especially when competitors grips (is there really anyone other than Virpil in the same bracket?) may look similar but still do not function the same as VKB. Notice how they still have non-pro MCG in stock? Most of their customers aren't interested in compromise.

Also, it appears they're comfortable with the work load they have and the income they're getting from the quantity of product they can actually produce. I have a small business that is quality oriented and have no interest in upping my business to mass production and a seasonal turnaround schedule. It makes for a different product and ultimately comes down to the priorities of the brand.

This is all just my reaction to a response I thought was obvious. If you're not interested in waiting for twist on an MCG you already own and want to get the Competitors ;) ;) grip because it's released sooner, I expect you won't have a problem selling the MCG on eBay, you know?

Plexus

Postby Plexus » Sat Feb 10, 2018 15:06

it´s the same with star citizen: good thinks take time to get ready... and to wait for a patent is legit also as we all saw what happened releasing the blueprints of the MCG too early

LukasB

Postby LukasB » Sun Feb 11, 2018 0:49

What happened?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:03

A quick update before Chiense New Year waltzes us away from forums 8)
We've more or less finished the molds. Mid-March will see the test samples made. Then everything will depend on how happy we are with what comes out.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

graysson

Postby graysson » Tue Feb 13, 2018 21:19

Thats bad...so i guess theres no hope seeing a lefthand grip for the gunfighter i bought last summer this year then.
It gets a bit silly...for nearly 9 months im waiting for the MCG Pro and now it seems that ill have to wait even longer for the lefthand grip with twist.
Im not that young anymore to wait years to get a complete setup...

Return to “Official announcements”