Twist Adapter ETA?

Moderator: AdminGroup

rtrski

Re: Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby rtrski » Tue Oct 15, 2019 18:34

I haven't seen a single post defending the delay stating that it's prefferable. Everybody wants the adapter *yesterday*, myself included. We would all have possibly made different sets of decisions if it were available sooner. I changed my plans with a LH Kosmosima versus TECS remaining in development. I think Ron's post was pretty accurate.

I do however see a difference between people who need to advertise their displeasure and make grandiose claims of corporate failure vs. those who are disappointed but persevere by just pinging for updates without whining about it (or just quietly make a decision and move on). As much as I share part of your opinion, your post does strike me as something of a tantrum, throwing "fanboy" around...

I presume this post falls in the category of those abusing you. Whatever. I hope in the end you are happy with whatever equipment you end up with, including possibly still VKB or not.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Tue Oct 15, 2019 21:20

Pub philosophy aside ... Ping ... update time VKB.

What's happening with the Twist Adaptor? @Eduard? @Aerogator?

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Tue Oct 15, 2019 22:26

Then I'll say something about that. . .

We Germans are generally very patient. We usually have no problem waiting at all. . . if we know why :roll:

So please tell us what the problem is. Like you're just a three-man operation? Or are there problems with the production? Or delivery bottlenecks????

Please don't let us grope in the dark. For my part, I just want to be sure. By the way, the same with the throttle

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:12

rtrski wrote:I haven't seen a single post defending the delay stating that it's prefferable. Everybody wants the adapter *yesterday*, myself included. We would all have possibly made different sets of decisions if it were available sooner. I changed my plans with a LH Kosmosima versus TECS remaining in development. I think Ron's post was pretty accurate.

I do however see a difference between people who need to advertise their displeasure and make grandiose claims of corporate failure vs. those who are disappointed but persevere by just pinging for updates without whining about it (or just quietly make a decision and move on). As much as I share part of your opinion, your post does strike me as something of a tantrum, throwing "fanboy" around...

I presume this post falls in the category of those abusing you. Whatever. I hope in the end you are happy with whatever equipment you end up with, including possibly still VKB or not.

Hey man, the fanboy comment is due to trying to have a civil conversation with others but just being abused for asking questions - there is an air to it in this thread but not as bad as others.

I do hope they do something soon - the silence from them is deafening (as is the we have been on holiday, or sick or away etc). That is the crux of it..

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:34

Stonehenge wrote:please tell us what the problem is. Like you're just a three-man operation? Or are there problems with the production? Or delivery bottlenecks????

None of the above. The adapters are practically ready.
Now, what is practically ready? - Like, the desk mounts are ready (without practically) - which means, as I had explained some time ago, that they are sitting in storage just waiting for export papers to be done, and package cartons to be arranged.
But even in this state the mounts had to sit in storage for a couple of weeks not going anywhere.
Big news is that yesterday the first testers received their mounts _and_ upgrade kits for Gunfighter3.
OK, back to adapters. They are practically ready which means that they are made and undergoing tests. After which they will (see above) sit in storage waiting for export papers, etc. And after that they will be sent to testers, and after that to end users.

Stonehenge wrote:Please don't let us grope in the dark. For my part, I just want to be sure.

Nope we (me personally) have already said a few times at a few forums that the adapters are now topping our list, they are on the finishing straight line to the customers. Nothing else to say, then why say anything else. When they get export-ready and packed we will put them up in shops globally, that's it.

Stonehenge wrote:By the way, the same with the throttle

Throttle? We never said it would be ready by any certain date. We are working on it. And will be working till we are sure it is the best throttle in creation :)
We want it to happen sooner rather than later but there are no shortcuts in this business, unfortunately.

Thank you for sane and reasonable attitude, we appreciate it!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:36

RN_Max wrote:@Aerogator?
At your service, Sir :) see my comment above.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

aniron

Postby aniron » Wed Oct 16, 2019 17:51

Easty79 wrote:I think it'll be quicker to sell my MCG Pro and buy a Virpil Constellation Alpha when it's released - at least they provide updates and timetables including delays!

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Oct 16, 2019 22:50

Thank you very much for this very informative answer @AeroGator

That's exactly what I wanted. Now my conscience is calm and I am happy to wait a while :wink: It would be great if it continues this way in the future :D

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:36

AeroGator wrote:
RN_Max wrote:@Aerogator?
At your service, Sir :) see my comment above.

Many thanks Aerogator, much appreciated.

faybs

Postby faybs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30

Came in to check status, got some good news!

Now that the twist adapters are being manufactured which means the design is locked in, could you post how much they add to the height of an MCG Pro when they're installed? Thx.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Nov 04, 2019 15:20

faybs wrote:Now that the twist adapters are being manufactured which means the design is locked in, could you post how much they add to the height of an MCG Pro when they're installed? Thx.
The twist adapter will add 6-7 mm to the height of the grip.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Official announcements”