Twist Adapter ETA?

Moderator: AdminGroup

ChrisHarrow

Re: Twist Adapter ETA?

Postby ChrisHarrow » Mon Apr 23, 2018 14:36

Yes, I am interested in the left hand space sim grip, too. Especially if it will have a solution to integrate a throttle lever into the grip as well.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46

Theoretically, you can configure it in nearly any existing grip, but don't you think it's not going to be comfortable and handy, leaving alone intuitive?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

ChrisHarrow

Postby ChrisHarrow » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06

This is my current left hand stick. I have mounted the throttle slider instead of the thumbrest. For Star Citizen it is pretty convenient to have an absolute throttle like this. This way I can use the x,y and twist axis for strafing.

In one of the prototype images of the kosmosima grip it looked like it has a throttle lever instead of the trigger like in the pistol shaped RC remotes.
Attachments
A76FB600-E027-4C34-A6F6-A6348EC6E7D0.jpeg
EDBBD577-9139-4160-A74F-4C61B622C51D.jpeg

ADMRL

Postby ADMRL » Fri May 04, 2018 16:45

Getting Sad waiting for this!

StressedOutCat

Postby StressedOutCat » Fri May 11, 2018 18:34

question regarding the twist adapter, will you be able to use it with the extension arm/boom or will if only connect directly to the stick and to the base? :?:

zenmonkey

Postby zenmonkey » Fri May 25, 2018 19:33

ChrisHarrow wrote:This is my current left hand stick. I have mounted the throttle slider instead of the thumbrest. For Star Citizen it is pretty convenient to have an absolute throttle like this. This way I can use the x,y and twist axis for strafing.

In one of the prototype images of the kosmosima grip it looked like it has a throttle lever instead of the trigger like in the pistol shaped RC remotes.

I used a thumbwheel pot on my T1600. Dremeled a slot out of the thumb rest and mounted to the side of the stick. It's a much more ergonomic solution. A thumbwheel with a notch would also provide tactile feedback position

pretagonist

Postby pretagonist » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:43

Could we please just get some info about what's going on with the twist? I mean ppl at VKB said "realistically... mid-May" and we are pretty far off from that estimate. Are they even in production? Did you cancel them or put them on the back-burner or something? These estimates are closing in on Star Citizen levels of delays.

Please, dear VKB, I just want to give you my money!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:07

We're equally keen to take your money, trust me on this.
However there are things out of our control.
As of Monday, we're back from vacations and are full ahead working on all the things we left behind.
Stating any dates at all was our strategic mistake, as for some reason people took that for a promise. We did the homework and from recently are not talking about any release dates. Our policy now is to announce the products only when they are already on the assembly line.
So I am sorry to say there are no dates any longer. New products will come when hey are ready, and will be announced then.
Please stay tuned and visit our site once in a while for news.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:53

Pretty much sounds like they have cancelled this twist adapter.
They could have released it years ago, according to one of the employee's but they are giving us excuse of some patent or something they want to establish. instead they could lose the entire market they could have had, simply because they wanted a patent on soemthing another company is going to come out with on thier own anyways.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 13:40

Just be patient, Rome was not built in a day.

flippz

Postby flippz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 19:09

no but rome was rocks and marble. this has become absolutely ridiculous. I have purchased two gladiators and a gunfighter mgc pro from this company. I begged and emailed for a hat switch for the first gladiator, no response to pms. purchased another gladiator as I figured that door had closed even offering to pay for the hat switch. I waited a eternity for the mgc pro. now the twist adapter I believe I pre ordered in February I have since canceled because at this point I can sell all my vkb stuff and buy vipril sticks and receive them in a timely manner. customers are steadily flocking to other places for flight hardware. I mean a few weeks wait on a flight stick to play with is understandable but months almost a year for a twist adapter? come on man your products aren't that refined and sophisticated.

Cassiop

Postby Cassiop » Sun Sep 23, 2018 19:03

adding my stone to the stack. I'd love to see this twist adapter coming out ! Will this setup be possible
Warthog grip => adaptator for Rev.B Gunfighter MK II gimbal => twist => Gunfigter MKII ? thanks.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:47

Nope. With all our love for the Warthog, we care about our own products, not for 3rd party's.
So twist will be working with most of our current models, and will be integral part of some of our future ones.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

RN_Max

Postby RN_Max » Wed Sep 26, 2018 22:37

Come on VKB, many of us invested in Gunfighters with a view to fitting them with Twist Adaptors for yaw control, as we have no room or no preference for rudder pedals.

We know you're facing the "awful" situation of every product selling out as soon as you open the order books, but surely you can progress this seemingly simple adaptor to market.

There's plenty of yawless space pilots out here, stuck with clumsy workarounds until you guys come good with our z-axis rotation.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:36

Surely we are, thank you for patience and understanding. It is coming - and it is high on the list. This is all I may say. There is no one wishing to have it on the shop shelves more than ourselves...
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Official announcements”