Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Knightcrawler

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Postby Knightcrawler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:43

It makes me sad that it won't be ready this year. My black box needs something to plug into it! Something amazing! Wait... hmm, phrasing on that could have been better. I've got a CH Pro Throttle right now, but it is a bit disappointing in some ways.

MuHcOw

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby MuHcOw » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:31

I'm sure this question has been answered quite a few times - I just don't know how to search for the answer yet (still learning).

BUT...

VKB engineers managed to design a unique stop mechanism that never before had been implemented in the gaming world. Now, like on a real plane, there are stops that demand additional effort on passing certain points of the movement range at Idle, Afterburner, and Afterburner max.

These "stops" - Are they like "detents" and can they be positioned in the middle of the Throttle sliding range?
I'm hoping we can adjust the "range" that way, having the slider in the middle and have forward/reverse thrust "start" from that point.... (Space Sims)

Hope I'm making sense here :?

[EDIT] - Just to clarify: Throttle center position = Zero thrust output/power/throttle...
Last edited by MuHcOw on Thu Aug 22, 2019 0:23, edited 1 time in total.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:56

No, they are not detents as they said "stops".

In the real aircraft there are mechanical stops that you need to overcome by two ways. Either with finger-lifts, meaning you have to raise or push (rear or front of the throttle grip) a set of levers to get the throttle move past the stops. Or you can use "Push-through" method where you need to apply enough force to the grip to get "over" it.
This "push-through" is commonly used on the afterburners stop so in emergency situation you just "push through" the throttle, and normally you lift the locks.

In the original designs you can see the two finger lifts at rear and front of the throttle. You need to push either side depending where you want to go. From rear you push to get to IDLE and from front you push to get forward.

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Thu Aug 22, 2019 0:27

"Push through" stops would be good - Full stop would be somewhat okay if the "locking mechanism" unlocks easily.

But more importantly - Can we adjust where all these "stops" are located??

[EDIT] - Please forget all the following EXCEPT the push-through detent at 50% stroke and the ability to define a dead zone around it.
Afterburner should be a button that you push (maybe a toggle switch), nothing more.

I didn't think this through when I drew the diagram.. Sorry.

I'm into Space Sims, and therefore I would like the "stops" to be "soft stops" (push through).

I would like to be able to use the throttle slider for forward and reverse thrust..
Middle position (zero thrust) on the slider should therefore have a "soft stop" and the option to define a dead-zone at that point.
The same type of "soft stop" would be nice to have at the 10% position and at the 90% position (of the entire stroke), also with the option to define a dead-zone at those positions.

I'm sure a lot of people don't want "soft stops" at those positions - therefore it would be really nice if the "soft stop" positions could be modified or even disabled independently on each slider.

This is just wishful thinking!!

Throttle_Control.png

One can only hope :-)
Last edited by MuHcOw on Mon Dec 07, 2020 23:05, edited 15 times in total.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 18:45

Seems that "stops" will be like in MiG-29 throttle, without push (back) the tabs throttle don't move for afterburner position, neither for idle position.

http://i.imgur.com/jiYTmjW.jpg

For have a middle course stop the catch in the rail need be movable.

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Thu Aug 22, 2019 22:39

The old Virpil MT50 Throttle had adjustable detents (two pr. axis) - VKB should try and match this or maybe do better.

https://youtu.be/y6anvFjb9aw?t=52

But it might be difficult with linear sliders...

Easty79

Postby Easty79 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:13

So no throttle until next year?

And no word on the twist mod?

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:14

I need a throttle bad but yeah looking like won't make it this year.

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:02

I also need a new throttle, trying to hold out for VKB throttle to go along with my gunfighter.

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Mon Sep 30, 2019 20:15

Will there be a desk mount option with the TECS in its initial release? (I'm assuming no, but I'd rather ask than assume)

Joker

Postby Joker » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11

Any news?
I already own a VKB Gunfighter MK II Pro, a Gladiator MK II, T-Rudder MK IV and now I need a throttle...and if possible I will stay on VKB but if there's not a time frame....I fear that I will be bound to switch to another company.... :(

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 14:29

As the subject suggests - in development

Release a lot of teasers, complaints that they are teasing too much

Release less complain that it's not being shown enough.

Show that development is progressing quickly and you get complaints that it's not quick enough.

Avoid the discussion of progression at all and people complained that development had stalled.

They will come, when its ready

VKB = Quality

SimpleSimon

Postby SimpleSimon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 15:45

Waiting steadily intensifies into a simmer. :)

Joker

Postby Joker » Mon Oct 14, 2019 17:52

ddrake1984 wrote:As the subject suggests - in development

Release a lot of teasers, complaints that they are teasing too much

Release less complain that it's not being shown enough.

Show that development is progressing quickly and you get complaints that it's not quick enough.

Avoid the discussion of progression at all and people complained that development had stalled.

They will come, when its ready

VKB = Quality

All correct but for a purely marketing point of view what You say is the worst kind of marketing a company can do.
As for a company You must generate money by raising sales volume.
To make this You must build quality products and You must build a solid customer's base.
The quality will be checked after a certain sales volume and it could will be tow sales in the future but the customer base must be build before this.
Lacking comuncation may divert interest, made some customers buying other solutions etc. etc. Building the best products and not having so much people who buy them, in the long term is not a good policy.
So I hope a bit of more information from VKB, I own a Gunfighter Mk.II ‘Modern Combat Edition, a Gladiator Mk.II, a T-Rudders Mk.IV and I'm waiting for a Thottle...but for how much more time?
It's a more than a year now...for how much more time I must wait? If VKB could give some info...probably I will wait...if the informations still will be missing...I will start to think that I will be bound to look to other company, my X52 Pro throttle is not the best product in the market and after years of work is starting to break apart....
Forgive my bad English.

PiotrMKG

Postby PiotrMKG » Thu Oct 17, 2019 20:09

I agree, if development takes too much time and there is little to no info about progress, customers tend to buy from competitors like https://www.winwing.cn/en/JOYSTICK

Return to “Official announcements”