Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Data

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby Data » Thu Dec 17, 2020 14:50

Have they made any recent mention of any time table to release this?

Tektolnes

Postby Tektolnes » Thu Dec 17, 2020 17:58

Last I heard was a while back when they said Lunar New Year - which is around mid-Feb next year. I haven't heard anything concrete since then.

KWard

Postby KWard » Thu Dec 17, 2020 18:53

If it could arrive around the same time as my tax refund, like the F-14 grip did this year, that would be grand for me.

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Thu Dec 17, 2020 19:09

KWard wrote:...refund....

Lucky you :cry:

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Fri Dec 18, 2020 13:37

From another thread:
rtrski wrote:
Basher53 wrote:...just don't leave us hanging. Announce a product in a reasonable amount of time before it's release.

We're getting off topic again, but I believe this is WHY we have not heard more about TECS between first announcement and now, and also why the GNX came out so soon after it was actually revealed. Ditto with the Stronghold. (And I believe the SEM and THQ panels will be re-previewed very shortly as almost ready for sale... that's my interpretation of some of the banter on the IL-2 Russian forum, at least.)

Basically: they learned from the early TECS pre-announce that when things take time the pre-tease causes angst and consequences, and here you are ASKING THEM TO MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN instead of holding out on further news...until it really is "a reasonable amount of time before it's release."

I'm sure they never meant to leave us hanging, but stuff happened (probably a serious case of perfectionism, even if all the "fun" of this last year hadn't occurred). So they've clammed up and will un-clam when the time is right.

I think rtrski is on point here. At least, that's what I would've done in their shoes. Who likes to hear constant "AreWeThereYet?"

Yes, it puts us customers in a weird spot - (Do I wait? Do I buy from competition?) - but it is our own fault in a way. We were the annoying toddler, and mommy and daddy put us in a timeout.
On a brighter note, TECS has been announced, years ago. It hasn't been said they will NOT make it. At least in this "setup", the next time they announce it, we will hopefully be able to buy it within days. Now, as for availability etc... As someone said in the other thread, perhaps ping existing customers (or make a list for us to apply) before releasing to the open market? Wink wink nudge nudge? That'd be kinda cool...

Kreutzberg

Postby Kreutzberg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:11

Do we know what the external materials will be on the TECS? I'm looking at upgrading my MCG to the new MCG ultimate, but I'm not sure that makes sense if the TECS will be in ABS.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:14

Sorry, not at this time. All the details will be made public once the device is ready for the market.

Kreutzberg

Postby Kreutzberg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 20:38

Thanks. We're looking forward to it!

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:50

I'm waiting, and hope that there will be 3 axes, because I would like to change my warthog throtle.

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Wed Dec 30, 2020 18:39

just less than a month away, any news yet?

vwillo56

Postby vwillo56 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:00

Same thing your dad yelled at you, "sit down and shut up!"
"Don't make me stop this car and come back there!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KaptinKaos

Postby KaptinKaos » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:17

Well... I'll be the first to throw some gas on this fire in 2021... Any news yet? Anything??? I'm desperately wanting to update my HOTAS, but have been holding out for this...

Airtroops83

Postby Airtroops83 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:27

I've been waiting over a year at this point to buy certain games, play ones I already have, etc. Waiting for this throttle specifically.

Can we get some form of "yes its gunna launch before the lunar new year like we said" or no its delayed again or something? I dont want to buy a virpil throttle but I'm really really tired of waiting.
If I at least had some sort of timeframe to expect the tecs to be released, or some kind of update on the model or literally anything from vkb I would feel a bit better about waiting, but deafining radio silence is making me want to just say fuck it I'm tired of waiting.

Can we get SOMEthing?

alexxx

Postby alexxx » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:59

I support the previous post. At least giving an idea if you are still stick to the plan would be nice.

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Fri Jan 08, 2021 13:36

Being 30-odd days close to "release date" doesn't make it more certain that it will, actually, happen without unforeseen problems. Aaaand we're back to the presumed reason why VKB don't announce their stuff anymore.

Come on, if we waited for actual years, what's a few more weeks :D Trust me, I'm impatient as well... got a DCS module during the sale, and got a nice surprise with it, can't wait to use it!

Return to “Official announcements”