Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Pr1mal

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby Pr1mal » Sat Nov 07, 2020 22:59

Some news would be nice, at least for VKB's sake, because I'm ready to pull the trigger on something and I have been for quite some time.

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sun Nov 08, 2020 22:47

Is it the VPC CM2s?.. yeah me and the guys are pulling the trigger for the VPC.. dont think this thing is worth the wait anymore and VPC's Throttle has everything we need as well besides the detents which we can choose which detent we want in the end and 3d print it whether if its a push tru or pull-up.. Not to mention the clicky buttons and toggle on those is just awesome.. the TECS buttons doesn't seem to look good on this and it has quite few toggles, they have on the smaller additional modules but those are like mini toggles.. Yah so well be all getting our CM2 as Christmas presents this year to ourselves probably earlier.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:01

That'd be a fast resolve, buy the CM2 and sell it when the TECS comes out. Only problem would be to find someone to want a CM2 when the TECS is out though :)

Fieldcamp

Postby Fieldcamp » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:03

But when will it come out? The TECS is becoming the stuff of legend and myth. “The tale of the blackbox and the search for the missing throttle.”

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:06

Any stuff of legend and myth takes time to materialize :) There are responsible people working on it, they know the community's levels of excitement and agitation regarding the TECS and if it's not out yet it means it's not ready to be out. If it makes the waiting easier, then know that I'm as curious and excited and impatient as yourself, the 10 people above and the other hundreds or thousands of nerds out there.

Fieldcamp

Postby Fieldcamp » Wed Nov 11, 2020 22:08

Somehow that does help a bit:)just want to complete my vkb set. Haven’t been this anxious for a product since my N64 for Christmas.

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:42

I recently got a GNX-RP
It ’s a very nice product.I am very pleased

I'm using this GNX-RP, Thrustmaster TWCS throttle and TFRP ladder now.

Can TECS be connected to this GNX and operated with a single USB? If that is possible, do I have to buy a separate black box?
Or can't you connect to GNX?

Either way, I'm waiting for the launch of TECS.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 21:19

NXT and TECS are different product lines and they can't get inter-connected (at this time; maybe in the future?). Problem with inter-connecting devices is that you might exceed the games' button limitation - DCS has a limit of 128 buttons for example, but Elite: Dangerous has only 32 and SWS only 40 (?).

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:24

Thank you for answering my question.

I think that the TWCS throttle is a good product that meets the needs of customers because it has sufficient performance even though it is cheap.
It would have been perfect if it had an AB detent, but it didn't.

I especially expect the AB detent part of TECS.
And cost performance.

Thank you from Japan

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:13

fallout9 wrote:That'd be a fast resolve, buy the CM2 and sell it when the TECS comes out. Only problem would be to find someone to want a CM2 when the TECS is out though :)

There's a lot of people who want the Virpil throttle, thats why they are also on preorder since too much demand.. its not like VKB TECS will be the "Ultimate" throttle.. its still personal preference. Like Apple vs PC, Linear slide vs Lever handle. I also like the option to choose what type of Detent I want. The last VKB mockup I kinda dont like the button layout as well. So its really just preference.
By the time VKB releases i'll be well used to the Button layout on the base and handle of CM2 both monitor and VR gaming.
Too bad, I was really looking forward for the VKB, i guess 2 years is long enough to wait and I have wait enough, the time might come that i wont have enough time to fly sims(having kids).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 20:26

I was joking before and not mocking you for your choice, of course VPC throttle is a reliable device. Still too expensive for what it does though, in my opinion.

grinder

Postby grinder » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15

I'm still hopeful of release by the lunar new year as mentioned a few months ago. I'm sure it has taken longer than VKB had planned but not everything goes to plan. Product development announcements are a double edged sword. They generate hype and interest in the future product, but it makes the users want it now. Big companies can develop in secrecy and use their marketing departments to keep the general hype going. Smaller companies like VKB can't.

My only worry is being at the "edge" of the World (Australia) that getting supply of new hardware can be difficult. I hope there is a way to preorder.

For me, being a jet sim pilot, not having detents built into the Virpil CM2 is a killer. I don't want to make up for its feature deficiency by 3D printing detents and installing into my 320 euro purchase.Others are happy to do that.

I'm happy to wait as long as my x52 throttle holds out.

PhoenixCNE

Postby PhoenixCNE » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:50

I just can't believe people are seriously going to complain about anything being delayed after the way the year has gone .... mind blown. Typically people don't get this riled up over things they don't really want though, I hope to have one too some day but nothing worth any serious upset.

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:54

Keep up the great work VKB, in RU and EN!

Looking forward to seeing the TECS TCS making it to the southern hemisphere when you're ready.

Hope no-one has suffered directly from COVID. It's a terrible thing.

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Wed Nov 18, 2020 21:08

fallout9 wrote:I was joking before and not mocking you for your choice, of course VPC throttle is a reliable device. Still too expensive for what it does though, in my opinion.

I wasn't looking at it like that as well, you good. And I've got my first two Flight Sticks from VKB and I am absolutely loving them! I was only planning for HOTAS but ended up getting an offhand too coz I was loving the GF3-MCG too much.

Return to “Official announcements”