Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

71st_Mastiff

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Postby 71st_Mastiff » Fri Jan 19, 2018 23:58

PikAs53 wrote:How is about the Gladiator MKII Pro? Could the throttle also be combined with this stick as a "big all in one" Joystick?
With the nasty habbit of Windows 10 to reassign the IDs of the Joysticks with every second boot it would be great if I could combine my Gladiator MKII Pro, my MKII rudder (works perfect with the Gladiator) and the throttle to one big Joystick.

This only happens if you use a game pad or other joystick hotas combos and have a nasty habit of plugging them in and out.

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:36

I hope it could have 2 type of front panel rack.
one is the rack showed on CG.
the other one is the rack combined the front panel with the middle part, just like a brick.

PikAs53

Postby PikAs53 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 18:40

71st_Mastiff wrote:
PikAs53 wrote:How is about the Gladiator MKII Pro? Could the throttle also be combined with this stick as a "big all in one" Joystick?
With the nasty habbit of Windows 10 to reassign the IDs of the Joysticks with every second boot it would be great if I could combine my Gladiator MKII Pro, my MKII rudder (works perfect with the Gladiator) and the throttle to one big Joystick.

This only happens if you use a game pad or other joystick hotas combos and have a nasty habit of plugging them in and out.

Nonsense! This happens with my setup as well as with a friends setup. We both use VKB Gladiator and rudder (combo) and the thrustmaster throttle and MfD as Combo over TM's TargetUI, we NEVER unplug them. In contrast to older windows you can't define the ID and fix them. The only possibility at the moment is to reboot several times until the ID is the same as before or to go to the Geraetemanager in systems, uninstall it there and reboot. Windows 10 with the new build just switches the ID's at random. I am not a newbee with computers not to check this first. But this action steals 20 to 30 minutes of my time for nothing. I used the complete TM Combo (Stick, throttle, rudders and MfDs) to avoid this problem, but switched to VKB because this stuff is way better than the TM stuff. So this question is important as we also plan to buy the MCG Pro grip, and I could not switch this grip between Gladiator and Gunfighter as I understood from the different versions here.

SO AGAIN THE QUESTION IS: COULD THE GLADIATOR MKII PRO BE COMBINED WITH THE VKB RUDDER AND THE NEW THROTTLE TO ONE BIG JOYSTICK COMBO?

aniron

Postby aniron » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:19

TARGET will hide the devices from windows, acting as if they were disconnected.

I would suggest you use vJoy and JoystickGremlin, it does the same functions with devices from any/multiple manufacturers.

PikAs53

Postby PikAs53 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 13:38

Hi Aniron,

thanks I will try this. Checking if I could also use multiple key presses with this software.

Anyway my question for the compatibillity remains Gladiator <-> VKB Throttle as one

Bo_lathrop

Postby Bo_lathrop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 0:52

VKB, I can tell you what your market is...at least with me... I have been flying WW2 sim/Piston plane sim for years and years. As long as I live, I will buy anything you put out that is "vintage". Not that the piston plane throttle system is perfect, but it is perfect. Now it just needs a Spitefire/Mustang MK Ia stick handle to go with it.. :) I'm glad you all exist.

BlackeyCole

Postby BlackeyCole » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:44

Any update onm the release of the tecs?

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 22:45

TECS needed ASAP!
Any news, did it entered serial production?

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:58

Chinese New Year etc, likely not this early on the calendar. People have to eat and sleep, too.

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Tue Feb 13, 2018 15:47

PikAs53 wrote:...yadda yadda yadda...
SO AGAIN THE QUESTION IS: COULD THE GLADIATOR MKII PRO BE COMBINED WITH THE VKB RUDDER AND THE NEW THROTTLE TO ONE BIG JOYSTICK COMBO?

Seems stupid to ask here, because we all kind of take the Gunfighter's connectivity for granted. But, it's not a stupid question.

The answer is dependant on your connectivity scenario.

Do you only want to use ONE USB port?:
Answer: NOPE. The Gladiator range only have one female port, and that's used to connect the rudder - it's all in the product description.
https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb ... w-mcg-grip

Do you want to use TWO USB ports?:
Answer: YUP. One USB Port can conveniently be used to connect the Gladiator base to your PC. The other USB Port can be used to connect the Black Box, which will supply connections for the TECS and the Rudders.

My advice is: do what you want

roan

Postby roan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 16:06

Will the VKB throttle be available for purchase in 2018?

Thank you

PikAs53

Postby PikAs53 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 22:44

etc.
The answer is dependant on your connectivity scenario.

Do you only want to use ONE USB port?:
Answer: NOPE. The Gladiator range only have one female port, and that's used to connect the rudder - it's all in the product description.
https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb ... w-mcg-grip

Do you want to use TWO USB ports?:
Answer: YUP. One USB Port can conveniently be used to connect the Gladiator base to your PC. The other USB Port can be used to connect the Black Box, which will supply connections for the TECS and the Rudders.

My advice is: do what you want[/quote]

Thanks for the answer, snuffles.
Anyway it is not that easy. But first: the scenario I am looking for is one usb and three devices: Gladiator Pro, Rudders and VKB throttle.

The Gladiator has a sys connection on it's back. So maybe this is already to connect the throttle? No idea.
Other scenario: all connected to the black (orange) box using only one usb port.

Before buying the MCG, which seems only to be used for either the Gladiator or the Gunfighter, but is not swappable, I would like to know what are the possible configs?
Gunfighter, Pedals, Throttle on one USB port is an option, check.

But I just bought the Gladiator Pro 5 months ago. So all I want to know: what are the possible configs for this stick for one USB port. That is all.

polaris202

Postby polaris202 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 23:48

You can count on my money for the vintage throttle! :D I hope you're going to build that. 8)

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01

PikAs53 wrote:etc.
But I just bought the Gladiator Pro 5 months ago. So all I want to know: what are the possible configs for this stick for one USB port. That is all.

I don't speak for VKB, so you'll have to take my advice with a grain of salt until a VKB rep can confirm or correct me.

Unless VKB addresses this apparent product capability difference (perhaps via the SYS port), your only hardware configs with Gladiator and one USB port are

A. Pedals
B. No Pedals

Is the use of a good quality powered USB3 hub an option you have considered or tested?

I understand your previous explanation of the USB ID issue you'd been having, and am curious if you've been able to escalate to higher levels of tech support.
We both know that using VKBDevCfg-C.exe to manage VKB device profile configuration applies the config changes to the device itself. Without overlaying software required for the hardware to perform it's profiled functions, the USB ID of the device should have no impact on the profile's output functions - Windows sees your Stick and Rudder combo as one device, doesn't it?

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:30

hope they will release a all-in-one blackbox for the joystick, throttle and pedal.

Return to “Official announcements”