Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Hadarmil

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Postby Hadarmil » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36

High end slider throttle?!?
Does anyone have a time machine? I kinda want it now, please. :)

Since it's on the way to production, any chance of a render with button details? How many hats, what are those back flaps etc'. The base seems pretty straightforward, the grip is not as obvious at a glance.

Drone45

Postby Drone45 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 13:36

There will be an english version of the labels like you have for the MCG grip?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02

Hadarmil wrote:Since it's on the way to production, any chance of a render with button details? How many hats, what are those back flaps etc'. The base seems pretty straightforward, the grip is not as obvious at a glance.

Later on we will show; for now there is no final decision on it. Stay tuned for our announcements.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:03

Drone45 wrote:There will be an english version of the labels like you have for the MCG grip?
Absolutely definitely yes.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 21:35

I'd place a pre order right now for the Throttle system, and wait over 1+ year like I have already.
Still only have a gimbal here and it's outdated.... there's MKII even the sticks have RevB. By the time this throttle is for sale and delivered and working , everything I have will be out of support and an ended product line.

Even my stick they took payment 15th of december.... not even tracking yet. I bought the gimbal asap, back in the day, because I wanted this VKB HOTAS setup with a good stick with twist.
Not sure what will come out first, Star Citizen or the finished products from VKB. Either way I hope both make it and live up to promises.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:16

PM me your order #

redcoat22

Postby redcoat22 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 20:45

That vintage throttle looks amazing. I can’t wait for it :P

t00thPIK

Postby t00thPIK » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:06

Hi guys,

My first post here. i've been keeping an eye on VKB for the past couple of years. Finally entered the community officially today by ordering my first VKB peripheral. The T-Rudder Pedals. They're coming from X-Plane.Org in the US, so it'll be a while until they arrive. I had held off this long because talk of a throttle had been in the air for a long time now. Once I saw this post, it prompted me to get on the band wagon. I'll be attempting to drop a pre-order on this as soon as they're available too.

Keep up the good work!

PIK

TOGSolid

Postby TOGSolid » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:20

I would do so many weird things if it meant getting that vintage throttle sooner rather than later.

snuffles

Postby snuffles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:26

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:59

FIRST LOOK AND SUGGESTION
First look;
I see design and ergonomic standard used on real aircrafts by that i mean PBA's (push button annunciators) used on horzontal panels so it doesn't obstruct handling and avoid uneccessary switching/actions while switches are used on vertical panel, you really know what you're doing!
Suggestion;
Majority of flight simmers that buy your product will also provide VR for themself since we like the best for our sims and VR is present and future of flight simming and gaming.
Now when using VR our vision on RL surrounding is limited (non-existent) so we rely on our feel of touch and that may be problem with PBA's on panel while using VR, we may need something more easy and faster to recognize schedule of buttons on panels, either those PBA's more pointing out or old fasion way-switches (which i like more for ww2).
Maybe the way you did it will work just fine, i don't have it so i can't feel it which mean i could be wrong big time.
I just wanted to remind you on VR usage so you can do it as you think it is the best.
Cheers!

t00thPIK

Postby t00thPIK » Mon Jan 15, 2018 21:11

Perhaps some Braille stickers on the buttons might be a solution. It would be nice to have something from factory that helps facilitate the VR community, but at this stage, I fear that would only push the release back further.

A quick note about the button choice: A good reason for momentary/standard push buttons is that most games simply have one button to switch aircraft functions on and off. "G" for landing gear for example. So normal push buttons make sense. DCS has buttons for individual stage settings for certain functions. So that might be gear down "LShift G" and gear up "LCtrl G." These options are great if you have flip toggles like on the Warthog, but many other games don't give this much freedom when binding. That's the way I look at their design for flat buttons. It just gives the controller more compatability for a wider range of games. Particularly older titles.

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:19

i maybe rushed with conclusion, was looking at it from smartphone, now when i zoomed picture on my desktop computer i see PBA's are not flattened with panel like on aircraft i'm working on so i think this will work perfectly even in VR.
Now problem is when, i need new throttle asap. I almost went for warthog throttle but i may wait a bit cos this throttle setup looks best out there!

PikAs53

Postby PikAs53 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 23:28

How is about the Gladiator MKII Pro? Could the throttle also be combined with this stick as a "big all in one" Joystick?
With the nasty habbit of Windows 10 to reassign the IDs of the Joysticks with every second boot it would be great if I could combine my Gladiator MKII Pro, my MKII rudder (works perfect with the Gladiator) and the throttle to one big Joystick.

71st_Mastiff

Postby 71st_Mastiff » Fri Jan 19, 2018 23:57

I like this Desk jockey, vintage.

Return to “Official announcements”