Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

dozazz

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby dozazz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:31

Can't wait to get this setup. I was lucky to get the VPC throttles and control panel, but would love a full VKB setup eventually.

vwillo56

Postby vwillo56 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:00

Surely, VKB engineers/ programmers can give us an estimate.
Not much different than the sticks and bases.
Is it a development or a production (lack of capacity) problem
Stringing us along can only go so far.
Same for the NXT line.
I “think” I want to wait, just not in the dark!

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Sat Dec 12, 2020 0:01

2 months feels like a lifetime at this point.

Pr1mal

Postby Pr1mal » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:48

I mean, at this point I'd just appreciate if VKB would create a preorder queue. People such as myself and many others have been faithful waiting and watching these forums.
I would appreciate that we all had a "Place in the line". When this throttle is available it's going to fly off the shelves, and even into the hands of scalpers. I'd like to put 50% down and reserve my spot, whatever that spot may be.

TaipanDan

Postby TaipanDan » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35

It might not be ready for pre-order yet.. That's usually only when it's got 1 month or so to go.

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:54

Pr1mal wrote:I mean, at this point I'd just appreciate if VKB would create a preorder queue. People such as myself and many others have been faithful waiting and watching these forums.
I would appreciate that we all had a "Place in the line". When this throttle is available it's going to fly off the shelves, and even into the hands of scalpers. I'd like to put 50% down and reserve my spot, whatever that spot may be.

They COULD also do a lottery - we sign up via our personal account on the VKB website, they decide (randomly) who wins a timeslot where they can buy a throttle.

I know many have been waiting for years - But a lottery will give everyone a chance.

Only issue, some may sign up multiple times (multiple accounts) - I don't yet know how to deal with that.
Last edited by MuHcOw on Sun Dec 13, 2020 0:51, edited 1 time in total.

Jon_Snow

Postby Jon_Snow » Sat Dec 12, 2020 22:21

Honestly, after my experience with virpil (tried to buy the CM2 throttle this summer, their system crashed and it was out of stock immediately) I swore I would wait for as long as it takes for VKB to launch their throttle system.

After seeing some reviews of the CM2 on youtube, all I can say is if the TECS will look anything like the render on this forum it's going to be worth the wait.

The buttons and switches on the CM2 look really cheap and counterintuitive, the two twist knobs are not actually axis buttons and the whole thing is expensive as hell. There are no 3 way switches which are commonplace in any modern cockpit (DCS).

I honestly don't mind waiting another 2 years if necessary. I currently have a Logitech G940 throttle and it's ok. I've had it almost 10 years now and it's not bad. If I didn't have a hotas I would maybe get an X52 or something to have while I wait, but for the BIG guns I am VKB all the way. The one thing I can say about the G940 is that the cuts in production do show. So if VKB needs to polish out any bugs or such......let them at it.

The way the sim market is we should be used to waiting, because in the end rushed products, hardware or software, are crap, but when we receive a fine polished product, the time we had to wait fades from memory.

planecrazy242

Postby planecrazy242 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 23:12

I'd love a pre-order queue . . . or how about pre-order if you already have a VKB product?
Not hard to send an email to customers from the order system
Reward loyal customers . .. just a thought

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sun Dec 13, 2020 0:46

That could work...
Old customers should of course make sure their account info is up to date.

OR, old customers could sign-in on the VKB website and preorder ONE throttle control.

OR, if availability is REALLY scarce - There could be a lottery amongst all the old customers who signed up via their personal account on the VKB website...

hiro29nov

Postby hiro29nov » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:15

Virpil has sold the VPC Mongoos T50CM3 with Detents. But it's too expensive

This is the same as buying a Thrustmaster warthog throttle.

I think VKB will understand what I mean.

We expect easy-to-purchase pricing, sufficient functionality, and durability.

Wildwilly

Postby Wildwilly » Sun Dec 13, 2020 18:43

IMO there should not be a lottery or whatever. They produce a good product, so produce it in sufficiant numbers or don t announce it. Why placing pics of products, which are not available after years? makes no sense... People have to plan theire boughts, Upgrades. will i wait for a car, which is announced in 2020 and available in 2023, if i Need a car NOW or bit later ? no.. means lost customer.. after the MS Flight sim 2020 hype throttles and stick become cheaper, many Kids will stop to fly because they Need more than wasd and left mouse … so imo it s bad Marketing. and IF production is close, than a pre-order of Course is the way to go…

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sun Dec 13, 2020 18:53

Of course they should produce in sufficient numbers - That would be the best.
But if they aren't able to do that, then a lottery COULD be the way to go.

I don't see any issues with VKB announcing a product they are working on before it's ready to be mass produced.

Wildwilly

Postby Wildwilly » Sun Dec 13, 2020 23:12

Announcements of upcoming product, ok.. if you KNOW that you can handle the orders. If not, a Desaster. People are waiting and waiting and waiting… what for ? Other devs will produce...other ways are gone. I would say, announce new products jsut half a year in front of release. Not at the Moment some guy has a good idea. tbh, if due to stupid overpriced hotas ( MS flight 2020 ) and pandemia, i had not taken the vkb and simply took the thrustmaster hota set… a least my stick is on the way, but i would also like to add modules to make a Fitting desktop System... sorry, my wife is stricly against the idea to convert the Living room into a Cockpit...:-)

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Mon Dec 14, 2020 0:01

Sim-Pits seldom have high WAF (wife acceptance factor)... Don't understand why..
It's one of the most important "appliances" in a modern home - only surpassed by the microwave (for popcorn)..

I see your point, but I don't quite agree with it. Sorry.

I love to know what VKB is working on - What I don't like is if they fail to live up to their own hype (quality and feature wise).
If they can't supply enough units to meet demand (and they know about it upfront), then I think a lottery is a good thing.
A lottery for old/former customers who signed up via their personal profile on the VKB website.
But they should let us know in advance if they can/can't supply enough units to meet demand.

Drei

Postby Drei » Tue Dec 15, 2020 15:25

Regarding some previous comment about Virpil/Warthog/VKB relationship/availability/pricing. For those thinking the Virpil is expesive, it is not. It is well priced and well placed on the market. It is high quality, well designed and worth the money. If you are comparing it to Warthog, it means you never tried it. It is the same like comparing a Gunfighter to the Warthog. They are not in the same league. Warthog is an overpriced toy compared to VKB/Virpil... i thought everybody is clear on that here on this forum. Of course there is no perfect hardware, Virpil and VKB has its own flows as well, however those are usually minor things, and they also keep improving. Also, i suggest to go check how crazy the market went lately. They are asking 5-600 $/€ for a Warthog set... 350 for an X56... compared to those devices quality wise VKB and Virpil is waaaay ahead. Those are expecting TECS around 200 will be disappointed...If you want quality hardware these days, be prepared to open your wallet, i am personally expecting it to the 350-450 pricerange, same as Virpil, and if VKB delivers it on its well know quality, it will definitely worth it. As a VKB/Virpil user, if you are tired to wait for TECS, go and buy a Virpil throttle for the time being, you will not gonna regret it. When TECS comes out, you just sell the Virpil if you prefer the VKB. These devices hold their value pretty good, you might loose some money but not a lot...

Return to “Official announcements”