Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

Airtroops83

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby Airtroops83 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 0:15

Well the issue is I, and many others, are not going to buy 2 throttles and try and sell the old one.
Were running out of patience and dont even need a solid date, just some kind of update.

I'm not waiting around when theres just radio silence, I'll take my money elsewhere

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 0:51

Nobody is telling you to wait...

If you need a new throttle now, then go buy a new throttle.

If VKB comes up with something better than the one you just bought, then, yeah, bad luck - But what if they DON'T deliver a better product?
Then YOU would be the one who could say "HA! - Suckers" to all the rest of us.

Again, if you NEED a new throttle - Just buy one that will do the job.
If you don't need a new one RIGHT NOW, then just wait and save some money.

b34k

Postby b34k » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:50

Airtroops83 wrote:Well the issue is I, and many others, are not going to buy 2 throttles and try and sell the old one.

All the used Virpil gear I've sold in the last year, I've been able to sell for more than what I've paid for it. It's a sellers market out there and probably will continue to be for some time. I've got their CM2 throttle (won't be upgrading to the CM3 as it's not that different and **hopefully** the TECS is near), but I'll be selling it when VKB finally releases this.

Alokeen

Postby Alokeen » Tue Jan 12, 2021 14:59

Airtroops83 wrote:I'm not waiting around when theres just radio silence, I'll take my money elsewhere

Ok then, bye I guess? :)

Now seriously - although a perfectly reasonable option, when you actually write or say something like this it makes you seem a bit... childish?

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 18:47

So about 6 days passed between the announcement and release of the VKB ultimate grip, and Chinese NY is on the 12 of Feb, subtract 6 days from that and you get Feb 6th. So if the announcement and release window is similar to the grip, if we don't hear anything after the 6th or 7th, I guess then it's time to doubt, but until then, it's just more waiting.

milo1973

Postby milo1973 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 15:02

Believe me, I have done all of this: design iteration after design iteration, prototyping testing, DFM, EVT, DVT, MVT, dealing with contract manufacturers, process setup and verification, qualification, dearling with a CM who just can't seem to do the darm thing like you want. Drawing errors, material issues, more CM errors, component supply issues, cost modeling, CapEx, yield, scrap, overhead, and the whole constellation of things that have to go right and that often go wrong with product development. And VKB sounds as much like a passion project as a commercial enterprise, which also does not help. Throw covid in there too as the cherry on top, and which pretty much screws up all of the above factors.

Committing to dates and then watching them fly by because of something out of your control is incredibly frustrating, the error bars on any commit dates are so huge, they are almost meaningless, unless you are 100% in control of the entire supply and manufacturing chain, which is almost never the case.

With the best will in the world, I can see how VKB have little motivation to make promises that they might not be able to keep. This is 100% correct and completely understandable.

Its frustrating for those of us waiting for the product, but there it is. There are no good solutions.

dburne

Postby dburne » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54

That is one nice thing about VKB, once they announced the product as being final they proceed to ordering and the first batch relatively quickly. Look how quick the Ultimate grip came out after it's announcement.

Lombra

Postby Lombra » Thu Jan 14, 2021 21:56

WelshZeCorgi wrote:So about 6 days passed between the announcement and release of the VKB ultimate grip, and Chinese NY is on the 12 of Feb, subtract 6 days from that and you get Feb 6th. So if the announcement and release window is similar to the grip, if we don't hear anything after the 6th or 7th, I guess then it's time to doubt, but until then, it's just more waiting.

As far as I understand things are already starting to shut down in preparation for Chinese New Year, or is soon to be doing so. They've also recently stated that the NXT throttle module will be coming out before the TECS, so there's that.

evil-rage

Postby evil-rage » Tue Jan 19, 2021 23:05

I’m just here, checkin in, seeing if there’s any news on when the TECS might be available. Honestly - VKB, if you aren’t going to make your soft “before lunar new year” release timeframe, let us know. I’m excited for this thing, but if anyone else is like me, communicating a delay ahead of time is going to be a much easier pill to swallow than expecting it to be here and getting disappointed when it’s not.

Also, if you can make them available to VKB owners first, like you did with the MCG Ultimate, that would be super. Thanks in advance for all of the hard work and I hope to see what it looks like soon!

Drano

Postby Drano » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:35

Hang in there little buddy (CH Throttle)! You can make it!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

wokacik

Postby wokacik » Fri Jan 22, 2021 14:22

I hope this get's out soon, as I have to buy a new throttle in February this would be my #1 choice.

allentc2

Postby allentc2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:18

So I've read through 21 pages and didn't see an answer to my one burning question....

Will I be able to use the TECS throttle with my Gladiator NXT? I bought it for Arma3, but now that my DCS rig is nearing completion, I'm also piecing together my HOTAS set-up.

Thanks!

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:50

In IL-2 forum it was said that today or tomorrow they announce this throttle....

It was 9-12 h so when I heard about it and quote was "tomorrow or day after" so it should be in 48-72h for announcement at max now....

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:48

That would be absolutely amazing :D :D :D

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:06

I'm not holding my breath :D

Return to “Official announcements”