Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

blunt_waco

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby blunt_waco » Mon Mar 09, 2020 16:51

Stonehenge wrote:I sold my Crosswind pedals because I don't need them anymore. . . . . . thanks to the Twist Adapter :D
So I'd be ready for the throttle now :wink: Also available as product tester :mrgreen:

I’m thinking of buying a rudder for the DCS KA50

SleeperService

Postby SleeperService » Mon Mar 16, 2020 21:42

This looks incredible! I will patiently look forward to release, I plan to move from my CH Fighterstick + Pro Throttle + pedals ecosystem to a full VKB Gunfighter Mk III + SCG Premium R + TECS + Pedals when this is all available.

Although I understand that this is still in development and obviously this whole coronavirus nonsense isn't going to help the delay, are there any details on what we can expect the weight of the throttle unit + the length of it will be?

I was considering the Virpil CM2 throttle, but this one looks much better in terms of my preference for linear throw levers. Basically I have made myself some retractable throttle mounts (full gallery here, some pics below)

and am trying to assess if the TECS can sit comfortably where my current throttle is.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing more - in the meantime, please stay safe and healthy during this difficult time!

tuffysdad

Postby tuffysdad » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:07

Yes please!

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 19:27

SleeperService wrote:...are there any details on what we can expect the weight of the throttle unit + the length of it will be?

It is a bit too early to get this kind of info about the TECS, it's still under development and even assuming there's a prototype out there getting tested these days its size and weight could change a few times until it hits the final stage.

SleeperService wrote: ...and am trying to assess if the TECS can sit comfortably where my current throttle is.

I can't really see in your pictures how sturdy your mounts are, but you have to consider that the CH devices are using very soft springs and VKB's are a bit harder than that; also, the GFIII base + stick and most probably the TECS are/will be significantly heavier than CH joystick and throttle. So you would need something pretty strong(hold? https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=ucm-stronghold-mounts :)) to hold a VKB setup.

SleeperService

Postby SleeperService » Fri Mar 20, 2020 15:37

Thanks, appreciate everything is WIP right now. The mounts should be able to hold at least 2-3 kg. They seem to hold at least that much on the occasional tests I have done, but I haven't mounted them with that weight for any long periods of time. So I guess we shall see!

Lombra

Postby Lombra » Sun Apr 19, 2020 20:34

Hi,

I won't ask when, but just curious whether the design from the first post is still accurate, or has it significantly changed since?

Maynard

Postby Maynard » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:10

fallout9 wrote:So you would need something pretty strong(hold? https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=ucm-stronghold-mounts :)) to hold a VKB setup.

Question: Is the TECS being designed to be compatible with the UCM-S WT or another existing Stronghold design, or will we see a new one?

I want to buy a Stronghold system but I'm holding off on pulling the trigger until either the TECS releases, or we see confirmation that it will be compatible with a current model.
Last edited by Maynard on Tue Apr 28, 2020 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 18:06

Most definitely it'll be compatible with the UCM system. Probably it will come with a new mounting plate to fit the system.

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 22:48

Same here I'm waiting to see if there will be a new UCM specifically for the TECS. Some pics to show the changes from the orginal post would help ease the wait.

KWard

Postby KWard » Sat May 16, 2020 16:27

fallout9 wrote:Most definitely it'll be compatible with the UCM system. Probably it will come with a new mounting plate to fit the system.

If I buy the Warthog mount now, will I have to buy a whole new mount set for the TECS, or will it be possible to just buy the plate and swap them out?

I don't want to buy the Warthog mount just to throw it out once the TECS comes out. :P

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat May 16, 2020 19:21

You could get the mount now with Warthog plate, use it with the Warthog. When TECS comes you'll be just swapping the mounting plates.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Mon Jun 08, 2020 13:36

Any Kind of news??? PLEEEAAASE :roll:

Tektolnes

Postby Tektolnes » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:34

On Reddit I saw VKB say that it'll happen this year.. or rather this Lunar Year to be more precise which ends Feb 12th, 2021. Hopefully we'll see some more concrete news/images over the next while but personally I'm not anticipating to get my hands on it until next year.

Ykon O'Clast

Postby Ykon O'Clast » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:03

I missed that, would you perchance have a link to the relevant post?

Return to “Official announcements”