Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

MuHcOw

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Postby MuHcOw » Fri Aug 28, 2020 22:52

AeroGator wrote:.......VKB throttle will be released before the end of this lunar year.
Unless the virus brings a new lockout, which remains possible.

So according to VKB (and Wikipedia)... Release is planned before 12th Feb. 2021
Last edited by MuHcOw on Mon Dec 07, 2020 22:58, edited 2 times in total.

Knightcrawler

Postby Knightcrawler » Sat Aug 29, 2020 20:42

Ooo just a few months left, probably! I can't wait!

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sat Aug 29, 2020 21:27

I must say, I'm not gonna jump right in..
There's a few details I need to know more about first.

I need to know if we can place a push-through detent at 50% stroke.. AND be able to define a dead zone around that detent.

I USED to think that I needed 3 push-through detents... I don't - One at 50% would be enough for me!!
Last edited by MuHcOw on Mon Sep 28, 2020 21:14, edited 4 times in total.

PiotrMKG

Postby PiotrMKG » Thu Sep 03, 2020 14:55

Probably not, for Space simmers there will be another throttle sometime in the future - just my guess.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 21:44

MuHcOw wrote:SOON™

:D

Still hoping for this:

I would like to be able to use the throttle slider for forward and reverse thrust.. (space sim).
Middle position on the slider (zero thrust) should therefore have a "soft stop" and the option to define a dead-zone at that point.
The same type of "soft stop" would be nice to have at the 10% position and at the 90% position (of the entire stroke), also with the option to define a dead-zone at those positions.

Throttle_Control.png

I'm sure a lot of people don't want "soft stops" at those positions - therefore it would be really nice if the "soft stop" positions could be modified or even disabled independently on each slider.

I recommend VKB to totally design a another throttle for space simulator fans, as this should be for a DCS kind players. The space simmers requires features that compromises the traditional throttle functions, and so on traditional doesn't work well for space simmers.
You can do only so good for both, until you find that better to do two different ones.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 20:57

Any news regarding the throttle? Anything news about design, layout or such? Or do we really need to wait until bomb drops before Lunar Year?

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sat Oct 17, 2020 14:18

It would be wrong if they released after Christmas and New year.. They should release it now before VPC releases their other new throttle at the same price.
Last edited by apar.dspaede on Sat Oct 17, 2020 16:06, edited 2 times in total.

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sat Oct 17, 2020 16:02

It there any photos of development on this? Like teasers?.. It kinda feels like there's nothing going on.. its almost lunar year is there like a prototype we could see? any iterations from the original Throttle Render/specs? Some of the community have voiced-out some features they would like to see in the up coming throttle, where those considered as well?

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 19:45

Community voice always matters in designing and upgrading any VKB product. I can only assure you at this point that the project still goes at a steady pace; no pictures or big announcements for now - they'll be coming at the right time.

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:56

But the waiting is so hard!!!!.........
Like after almost three years, these final weeks are painful..... Extremely painful because it is known that it should be coming in about 4 months from now.

Seriously, my only fear is that once it gets revealed and put on the store, 5 mins and it is all gone. Then 3-5 months to wait next batch and, 2-4 mins and all gone. And it repeats for next 1-2 years until I get mine.... :cry:

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Oct 18, 2020 17:34

While there will no doubt be pent-up demand to satisfy, I think VKB's recent actions indicate they've significantly improved their ability to manufacture at scale and keep a steady flow (the new Gladiator, Gunfighters staying orderable continuously, etc.)

I too am awaiting more info, and a likely day one buyer if possible. I need to dive back into that giant IL-2 thread if it's still going, get up to date.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

apar.dspaede

Postby apar.dspaede » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:17

Fri13 wrote:Seriously, my only fear is that once it gets revealed and put on the store, 5 mins and it is all gone. Then 3-5 months to wait next batch and, 2-4 mins and all gone. And it repeats for next 1-2 years until I get mine.... :cry:

That would certainly be true im sorry.. I just have seen so many guys including me getting TWCS as a stop until VKB can release. It would be definitely be sold out. My fear is that it does not live up to the expectation, like three years waiting and ins just not the Throttle people would go for and would scramble to get themselves the VPC CM2 instead.

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 18:34

Same here after several years of waiting hope they make enough to fill all requests when it is released. In the mean time some updated information pics or something would be very helpful.

angelofprogress

Postby angelofprogress » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:44

Is there a place to let VKB know that you’re interested in purchasing once the TECS is available? So they can get a good idea of demand?

gordon220

Postby gordon220 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:32

No pre-order or even a 'notify me' option is available at this time. I would think VKB would find the information useful for marketing and production planning. We are told the release will be before the end of this year (possible lunar year) which is rapidly approaching.
For the time being just keep checking this space and keep an eye on the VKB YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIB6Y ... nqiPv62fkA

Return to “Official announcements”