Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

rtrski

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Postby rtrski » Sun Feb 17, 2019 16:24

I may be wrong, but I believe the limit in axis count and button count for mapping to some games with a stick "out of the box" is a *game* programming limit.

I thought that the VKB software included virtual keyboard operation as well, so you can map buttons beyond "#32" or whatever the limit is as a keypress or even key macro, which then the game would see instead of the button press it "cannot" see.

It isn't an out of the box solution, certainly, and requires user effort to setup. But at least the extra physical hardware does not go unused in those cases.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

flanker1985

Postby flanker1985 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:21

No, it is not the button limit issue. DCS can detect as many device as you plugged in. The issue is in the warthog itself. If you open up the "Windows game controllers setting up", you will see that some buttons are not detectable by windows because they were never designed to be a windows button to begin with. Those switches especially, are not buttons.

aniron

Postby aniron » Mon Feb 18, 2019 14:01

The DirectInput API is limited to 128 buttons, 8 axes and 4 POV hats.

Any more limiting constraint is due to the game itself.

Which buttons on the warthog "aren't buttons"? Are you talking about the off states for the toggle switches? If so you can make them report as buttons using TARGET, JoystickGremlin or similar software.

flanker1985

Postby flanker1985 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:09

Yes, you can, in theory. But if you put them in under "press" or "hold" mode, it will completely mess up the control system. Let's say if I program a switch as "LCtrl + B" for example under "press". As soon as I press it, I will lose many axis controls. This is probably due to some comparability issues between the window keyboard and the programming software. I can't solve the issue unless I reinstall the window. That is why I don't like program software. I prefer them as detectable buttons by the windows to save me the trouble.

StandingCow

Postby StandingCow » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:18

Can we get a little tease from VKB or hint at where this is at? :D

Auger

Postby Auger » Sun Mar 10, 2019 19:10

Yes, just a tease would be nice.

So ready to retire my X52 and move into a quality hotas.
The VKB pedals where my first step, hopefully a GF MkII stick and throttle will finish my setup.

boRada
Админ форума

Postby boRada » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:17

Sorry, not this month. 8)

BillClement

Postby BillClement » Mon Mar 11, 2019 23:17

:roll: Fellas, it's been a really long time since you teased us with this. Like most of your customers I've held off buying a high end throttle for more than a year now, but our patience has limits!

Just a word or three about when, if ever, you expect to be able to start selling the thing would do.

Don't force us to go to the other company- if we do, we might not be back...

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:01

they are in design phase, what this means is there is no dates - if you are willing to wait, it will be worth the wait - however if you are in a rush to purchase a throttle

1. you could purchase a cheaper throttle like the TM TWCS, so when VKB do release TECS the upgrade will be worth it.
2. you could purchase a more expensive throttle and be happy that you did, but sad that you didn't wait.

I know it's not what you were hoping for, but at the very least, these are the facts.

boRada
Админ форума

Postby boRada » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:11

BillClement wrote:.....
Don't force us to go to the other company- if we do, we might not be back...

There's no point in blackmailing us. 8)

Aynareth

Postby Aynareth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16

VKB will let us know when they have something to show or sell and that's for sure.
As many others here I would like some Infos, but what I really want is a Product thats on par with other VKB products.
So take your time guys!
And stop blackmailing VKB, I hate such toxic behavior. Try to be a little nicer to each other.
-- If you are attacked by clowns, go for the juggler first! --

Auger

Postby Auger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 15:39

Toxic behavior?? lol

The person merely asked for an update to a product that was announced 15 months ago.

He also stated a fact that should be obvious to any business person. If you cant produce the product that people are waiting for, they will go somewhere else.
Thats hardly a toxic statement or blackmail..... it's a common sense statement.

VKB is free to conduct business as they wish, but the lack of communication is hurting their business.

Up until a month ago, I thought a Thrustmaster Warthog was the top of the line HOTAS and planned on buying one, until I did some research and found out about VKB and VIRPIL.
Needless to say, I've changed my purchase plans and have bought the VKB pedals (arrived last night, thanks VKB NA, the are amazing) and would like to buy the other peripherals that VKB offers.

The fact that VKB will not even give their customers a, "stock going out in 3 months.... 6 months.... a year", I find to be discourteous and uncaring. The attitude of "we know you
people are wanting to spend your hard earned money on our products, but you'll get it when we decide to release it" is only going to hurt business.

I have been asking for a time frame when I will be able to purchase a Gunfighter MkII MCGPRO and have been ignored. I am willing to wait if I could just get a time frame, but my
request for an rough estimate goes unanswered. I'm (and I'm sure most people feel the same) not asking for an exact date, just an approximate time frame, but VKB turns a deaf ear.

So, as the gentlemen suggested, if VKB refuses to keep customers updated they WILL go elsewhere. VIRPIL is having their restock soon. If people cant get a glimmer of hope while
waiting for their VKB product, where do you think they're going to go? I dont necessarily want a VIRPIL stick, but if I cant find out how long I have to wait, and seeing that other
people have waited over a year to get their VKB's I may just have to jump ship. And that's a lost sale for VKB.... and I'm sure other people are sitting on the fence just hoping
for a word from VKB.

It's common sense business, keep your customers updated..... it IS a big part of customer service.

Aynareth

Postby Aynareth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 18:26

First of all, OP edited his post, to be more polite.
As it was it was very offensive and I responded to that.

VKB Just teased the trhottle and said little about when it will be available.
As I said earlier I would like to have a Product thats on par with the Quality as it is and no rushed Product.
Since VKB never said when the Throttle will be released, we just have to wait.
-- If you are attacked by clowns, go for the juggler first! --

boRada
Админ форума

Postby boRada » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:03

You want us to say a deadline and then explain why we couldn't? We don't want that.
There are many factors that affect the production time.
Now I can only say one thing: After the summer, not before.

PhoenixCNE

Postby PhoenixCNE » Wed Mar 13, 2019 21:21

Will the throttle and additional panels all be available at the same time or will we have to wait a bit longer for the panels once the throttle is released? Not trying to seem like one of the impatient or needing a date more just curious if they will be a package deal right from the start. Finished product looks like it will be WELL worth the wait.

Return to “Official announcements”