VKB-Sim Gunfighter Announcement

Moderator: AdminGroup

Variable

Re: VKB-Sim Gunfighter Announcement

Postby Variable » Fri May 12, 2017 2:26

I seem to remember reading about this, but I tried searching and can't find it. Was the standard KG12 that came with the gladiator [pro] not supposed to have a quick release? I thought it was, but maybe I misunderstood.

It's definitely not a deal breaker - I received my pro earlier this week and everything seems solid. I haven't had a chance to fly, yet, though.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Fri May 12, 2017 3:30

I believe the phrase quick release is incorrectly used in the announcement (as well as the shop page, for that matter), as it should have pertained to the fact that it is now much easier to connect the grip to the base with the 3-pin connector than it used to be with the older 5-pin connector.
Hope this helps.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

Goloith

Postby Goloith » Fri May 12, 2017 4:45

UIV wrote:
Goloith wrote:Is it possible to get put on the May shipment as a pre-order like the initial batch? I had cancelled my order because I had the TM adapter separate and I was thinking that VKB was going to offer a Modern Grip packaged with a GF base, but it sounds like that's not going to be the case.

Any idea if we'll see the Left-hand grip this year? If so I might just buy two bases this May.

We plan start production of left hand grip after MCG.

That sounds awesome! I'll plan on picking two gunfighter bases when they come back in stock then! Are there still plans to offer a mid-May shipment?

Variable

Postby Variable » Fri May 12, 2017 6:46

rrohde wrote:I believe the phrase quick release is incorrectly used in the announcement (as well as the shop page, for that matter), as it should have pertained to the fact that it is now much easier to connect the grip to the base with the 3-pin connector than it used to be with the older 5-pin connector.
Hope this helps.

Well it seems obvious now, but when I saw the adjustable palm rest on the MCG, it looked kind of like a lever, and I thought that was to tighten the base, but it's clearly not low enough around the shaft to do that.

I had something like this in mind, but in a much smaller size. Does anyone happen to know what exact size the "mounting" screw is in the grip? I think it would be very nice for those of us with less permanent setups.

https://www.amazon.com/Ostart-Bicycle-R ... B00AXGJNW2

azmodiuz

Postby azmodiuz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 20:00

been almost a year now we have been waiting ?
Can't wait to have a stick with twist adapter. Literally only reason I'm buying VKB is for the twist on a decent gimbal.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:23

Variable wrote:
rrohde wrote:I believe the phrase quick release is incorrectly used in the announcement (as well as the shop page, for that matter), as it should have pertained to the fact that it is now much easier to connect the grip to the base with the 3-pin connector than it used to be with the older 5-pin connector.
Hope this helps.

Well it seems obvious now, but when I saw the adjustable palm rest on the MCG, it looked kind of like a lever, and I thought that was to tighten the base, but it's clearly not low enough around the shaft to do that.

I had something like this in mind, but in a much smaller size. Does anyone happen to know what exact size the "mounting" screw is in the grip? I think it would be very nice for those of us with less permanent setups.

https://www.amazon.com/Ostart-Bicycle-R ... B00AXGJNW2

M5.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26

azmodiuz wrote:been almost a year now we have been waiting ?
Can't wait to have a stick with twist adapter. Literally only reason I'm buying VKB is for the twist on a decent gimbal.

For the twist need more time. We plan to open the molds in the next month.

Variable

Postby Variable » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:52

UIV wrote:M5.

Thanks. I suspect you're referring to the clamping cylinder, rather than the screw. I never could find anything that would work with that small of a screw.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00

Our solution is easier and stronger :wink:
pp1.JPG

Variable

Postby Variable » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:11

Well great! I was under the impression there was no quick release, and that it was a misunderstanding. It would still be nice for the original grip, though.

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:29

Quick release for a palm rest is not important for a gaming grip.

Variable

Postby Variable » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:44

I agree - I'm not concerned about the palm rest. I was hoping to switch between grips (kg12 and mcg) without digging out my allen wrench each time. It won't generally be a big deal. I just think it would be a nice-to-have.

Return to “Official announcements”