VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Moderator: AdminGroup

phoenixbbs

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby phoenixbbs » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:11

@VKB - This is my first post, be gentle with me :-p

I've got an idea for detents that's a bit different in approach to normal, and may be cheaper and easier to implement than mechanical or electromagnetic actuations, but still provide the feedback to the user and be as versatile in terms of bi- or mono-directional activation, using the same electronics as the electromagnetic detents.

Basically, replace the detent mechanism with a solenoid device that makes a tactile "clunk" when you reach the actuation points. They're fairly small, so may fit within the ; body of the throttle handles themselves.

shadak

Postby shadak » Sat Apr 24, 2021 23:20

Just want to chime in and say I also really want a throttle soon ish ... :)
Still have my WH but it doesnt look that good next to Ultimate and some buttons already starting to give out. And I dont want to have to order a Virpil as a replacement.

miksmax

Postby miksmax » Sun Apr 25, 2021 17:10

You said the "V" word! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Joking of course, I'm also very eager to get a throttle, can't wait actually, really need it, can't sleep etc etc etc... :D

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 20:01

phoenixbbs wrote:Basically, replace the detent mechanism with a solenoid device that makes a tactile "clunk" when you reach the actuation points. They're fairly small, so may fit within the ; body of the throttle handles themselves.

Thank you for advice, I'll make sure it's reaching the designers.

shadak

Postby shadak » Sun Apr 25, 2021 23:52

miksmax wrote:You said the "V" word! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Joking of course, I'm also very eager to get a throttle, can't wait actually, really need it, can't sleep etc etc etc... :D

LOL yeah I think VKB would save many lives by giving us a new throttle :)

turbo_toni

Postby turbo_toni » Mon Apr 26, 2021 17:50

My T16000m throttle is almost completely unusable now as the index finger analog stick is bouncing all over the place.

PLEASE HURRY UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Don't make me buy a 'V'. I don't want it.
(¯`·.¸.--> turbo_toni

tahru

Postby tahru » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:30

It there a mailing list to be notified about this? I intend to wait, but I don't frequent the site everyday.

imbadman69

Postby imbadman69 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:28

I’m fairly certain that one of the admins will make a post about the availability date of the TECS. I suggest you subscribe to this thread and you’ll get an email when a new comment is posted.

brlowe

Postby brlowe » Wed Apr 28, 2021 16:46

Hello all. New to this forum. Hoping we do not have to wait too long for a throttle from VKB. I have an NXT and really like it. Just wanting to expand my gear.

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:49

Hello VKB!!

Can you please feed us with some informations about TECS?
Even if informations are bad (production/logistic/quality problems) it is still information. We will understand it and wait for good news.
You did first step already (introducing TECS) but then you leaved us with dilema and it been so long.
Transparency is good.
No feedback is not good.
We will be happy even about information when you will give us some info.

Just like: "Dear impatient fans/customers thank you for waiting so long, we will give you great news at 10.05.2021, just stay with us" :D

yea, another useless post from my side, sorry for that.

Best regards

miniDev

Postby miniDev » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03

I agree wholeheartedly. Any info is better than pure silence aka ignoring impatient childish future customers (yes that's what we are, I know :))

Personally a :
    a) «Sorry, we understand your impatience, we are still working on it. More info to come when we have news to share»
... would be okayish for me.

Although this :
    b) «We are closing on a final product, will try to share some more info soon, in a few days (or weeks / or months / or before the end of the year / or years, depending on the actual progress).»
... would be better.

But a :
    c) «We are making good progress, have finished phase #xxxx# and are now entering the #yyyy# phase. Our prediction is an availability window of [estimate]. We will try to keep you in the loop»
... would be AWESOME :D .

Right now, I'm just wondering if the complete silence means bad news or not.

Brorom

Postby Brorom » Thu Apr 29, 2021 23:53

I'd preorder it if I could. Apparently it won't come out this year as I see.

Ykon O'Clast

Postby Ykon O'Clast » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:47

I can be patient, the only thing is that when this releases, I will need to know the differences between the "spacesim" and the "flightsim" version.
The worst case scenario would be seeing the flightsim version release with no information on a possible upcoming spacesim version and then having the dilemna : do I buy this one while it's available or do I wait for the other one without knowing how it will differ, entailing the risk of the spacesim version being less suitable for the intended purpose... and the flightsim version being already sold out at this time.

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:04

delete please
Last edited by chwiejak on Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix

Postby Phoenix » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:09

Ykon O'Clast wrote:I can be patient, the only thing is that when this releases, I will need to know the differences between the "spacesim" and the "flightsim" version.
The worst case scenario would be seeing the flightsim version release with no information on a possible upcoming spacesim version and then having the dilemna : do I buy this one while it's available or do I wait for the other one without knowing how it will differ, entailing the risk of the spacesim version being less suitable for the intended purpose... and the flightsim version being already sold out at this time.

Don't forget the combat sim. :wink:

Return to “Official announcements”