Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

In firm hands

Postby AeroGator » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56

VKB YouTube 1_resize.jpg

Fellow Pilots,
We promised you joystick desk mounts.
We failed to deliver.

We neither managed to design, nor to produce desk mounts for joysticks.

Instead, we created and produced a UNIVERSAL MODULAR SYSTEM for mounting your gaming devices onto a desk/table top.
Lean and muscular. Reliable. Easy to install. Compact to store. What is more, able to expand with multiple optional modules – from cup holder to keyboard arm.

We called it UCM STRONGHOLD.

SH-1164x699.png

Solid like a rock – UNIVERSAL CONTROLLER MOUNT STRONGHOLD

The system is made of 6061 construction aluminum alloy. It is the same material that Audi use for their A8 chassis, and VKB for their Gunfighter joysticks.
This alloy sports extra-high corrosion resistance which is why it is also widely used in yachting and underwater structures.
Needless to say, all parts of the new STRONGHOLD are duly electroplated to preserve exterior as new for years.

Thanks to elaborate and meticulous design even the basic set will afford you ease of setup, as well as comfort of use and storage.
We offer a UCM-S (S for short) version for sidesticks and throttle controllers, while a UCM-L (longer one) will perfectly hold an extended joystick. The latter can also be made short in case you currently have a sidestick, but are planning to get an extension in future.

Сadet 2_750.png

Ace C-version 2_750.png

We release the first STRONGHOLDS with the following options:

• Telephone/tablet*/compact keyboard holder
• Full size keyboard holder based on telephone holder
• Tea/coffee cup holder
• Beer/liquor glass holder**

_______
* Phone and tablet holders are designed with GameGlass in mind. GameGlass designs and sells tablet game sim interfaces. Besides, purchasing a Stronghold from us, you get a discount for their product, and vice versa. Details will follow.
** This is a white lie. There is only one cup holder now, but we keep thinking...

We are gaining momentum as we are going on, so our engineers keep creating more and more new modules that will be added to the existing line with no further announcements.

Space Ace 2_750.png

So ladies and gentlemen, please meet the Universal Controller Mount Stronghold from VKB.

Currently the system provides slots and pre-drilled holes for fixing the following devices:

• VKB Gladiator
• VKB Gunfighter
• VKB Mamba
• ТМ Warthog joystick
• ТМ Warthog throttle unit

RRP (shipment and tax not included):
UCM-S standard $99
UCM-L standard $129
Also, to make choosing easier, we made sets for different cockpit configurations and usage modes. Needless to say, a set comes cheaper than the same parts bought separately.

It’s no secret how we all dislike reading manuals. Hence, our expert is preparing videotutorials. Please keep your eye on updates!

STAY TUNED!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

aklambda

Re: In firm hands

Postby aklambda » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:48

Wonderful. Even though I already have some from Monstertech, I am considering getting getting some so I can also mount a tablet for my Gamerglass. Great work VKB!!!

Outlaw24

Postby Outlaw24 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 21:54

Any idea when they will be available for purchase in North America?

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Wed Dec 18, 2019 0:16

Once VKB HQ provides us with all the details we need to create the respective product pages for the various UCM options, we will be able to open up ordering shortly thereafter.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

DHRF

Postby DHRF » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:31

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:46

Can the overall length (height really) of the UCM-L be reduced? The pics show it with an MCG and the 200mm extension. If I have a 100mm extension, I might want it slightly shorter. Possible?

EDIT: nevermind. I just found a link to the instruction sheet on your Russian Forums. It clearly shows the min and max height. Thanks!

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/UCM%20MANUAL.pdf

blatherman

Postby blatherman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34

Now that the UCMs are live (at least on the NA site), any word on the discount if you own GameGlass?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:21

We have requested codes from GG, but still waiting. Yes it is awkward I understand. But holding the UCMs back any longer would be silly, so we decided to go ahead... Chinese New Year is pushing.
So for now I can't say anything on this issue. It's on hold until we receive their codes, and they request ours.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Sat Jan 18, 2020 20:41

Do i need the new Dust Cover to install my GF???

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:44

If your question is in regards with the UCM then you could use the previous generations MKI and MKII on the UCM, only different than the way MKIII fits is: https://youtu.be/paqRm8NplTY

windexth

Postby windexth » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:44

I'm not sure if this is the proper thread for this question but will the omni throttle adapter require the long version of the UCM or will the short suffice?

Thanks

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 20:29

This is a good question. The joystick won't get taller with the OTA, so it would be safe to go with the short UCM.

logos

Postby logos » Wed Mar 29, 2023 13:04

I'm planning to get UCMs for my Gunfighters (Mk.III). Grips are SCG-R an SCG-L + OTA. According to my measurements I'll be able to use UCM short in its longest form (199mm) with an SCG-R grip and a 200mm extension.
Is it safe to use UCM short in such a configuration? If the 200mm extension is too much, will I be able to use at least a 100mm?

Also, is it safe to use an extension with the OTA? Looking to get a 100mm extension for the SCG-L + OTA (for more precision).

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 20:49

I would say to go for Long version for extensions, but this pretty much depends on your setup too - how tall you are, how high your desk is and how high the chair is. Here are the dimensions of both the Long and Short mounts, I strongly suggest to make some measurements before comiting.
As for extension on a GF OTA, it works, but it'd be kind of awkward to use in my opinion; definitely not impossible though.

logos

Postby logos » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:49

Thanks.
I'll probably go for the long version. The short version would fit my current setup (chair position, desk height, SCG grip etc.), but the Gunfighter base would be right at the level of my legs, which is not ideal. And if I get a longer grip in the future, or change seat, desk, etc., it won't fit anymore.

I'll have to think for the OTA. It would definitely look unrealistic :). And it'd be more easier to move, due to the longer stick and only the dry clutch (no springs) providing some resistance.

Return to “Official announcements”