VKB EXTENSION MODULES: FOUR GOOD GUYS

Moderator: AdminGroup

fallout9

Re: VKB EXTENSION MODULES: FOUR GOOD GUYS

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44

They're high quality, long life (~2 mil cycles) pots.

OldGangster

Postby OldGangster » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:42

Thanks.
So, despite the fact they are called "HQ", it's a standard technology, not magnetic field pots.
I'm disapointed the THQ is not at the high standards level of my GF III and it's grip.
At least, there is no real innovation. Tightening and Interchangeable lever heads already exists (not sure for levers lenght).
And trim wheels (one vertical for pitch, two horizontal for ailerons and rudder) are missing, for example.
It only remains to hope the price will be in adequation with characteristics to be really competitive.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:00

I'd say let's wait to talk about innovation when the product is presented in detail, I'll ask you at that time if you changed your mind :)
And if you were expecting the cost to be similar to your GF base, then you're in for a pleasant surprise.

Stekon

Postby Stekon » Fri Oct 15, 2021 23:14

Soooo... when do I find out how much of a hit my wallet is taking? Also, any chance for pre-ordering? I normally am against the practice, but am wanting to upgrade to a Gladiator NXT, rudder pedals, and get a button box while I'm at it, and would prefer to save money on shipping. Or will the throttle be coming out just a week after or something, because then I can buy the whole setup at once.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 23:19

The prices will be disclosed next week. No preorders, but at the end of next week you'll hopefully be able to order them all from your local store.
If by throttle you mean the TECS, then you could go ahead with your original order, because it won't be out in your posted timeframe :)

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sat Oct 16, 2021 16:27

Stekon wrote:Soooo... when do I find out how much of a hit my wallet is taking? Also, any chance for pre-ordering? I normally am against the practice, but am wanting to upgrade to a Gladiator NXT, rudder pedals, and get a button box while I'm at it, and would prefer to save money on shipping. Or will the throttle be coming out just a week after or something, because then I can buy the whole setup at once.

Where are you located? I ask only because if you're in the US, and ordering from the VKBControllers website, those ship from China directly, so be careful about your total stacking everything into one order hitting the import duties limit. Shipping cost does count to that total, I guess the logic is the shipping is required to get the item to you therefore it's part of the landed value of the item itself. (I ran into that confusion ordering water cooling parts from EKWB in Slovenia.)

I don't think just an NXT, pedals, and one or two of the new modules will get you there ($800), but just wanted to point out a reminder in case you got more shopping fever when it came time to pull the trigger. You might get stuck breaking up the order (and doubling up on shipping charges, which is less than 29% duties) anyway.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Provoke012

Postby Provoke012 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 22:55

The announcement states these add-on modules will become available “ In shops from 20 October” - is there information available as far as which shops will begin offering these items on that date, beyond the VKB Controllers site?

Additionally, are we able to know at what time they will release? I foresee some of these selling out the first day :)

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Sun Oct 17, 2021 16:37

If I were you, I will checking the online store at 0.01 GMT on 20 Oct

maatz

Postby maatz » Tue Oct 19, 2021 22:16

Just a few more hours! Cannot wait! Which time zone does it apply to regarding the products going live in the shop?

williamlogsdon

Postby williamlogsdon » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:53

Still spamming refresh on the store page. if I have to go to work before they drop and come home to find they sold out ill be bummed

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:08

maatz wrote:Just a few more hours! Cannot wait! Which time zone does it apply to regarding the products going live in the shop?

Not Chinese TZ for sure. Now 04:00Z, still nothing on any store.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Wed Oct 20, 2021 15:11

They posted over on reddit that they were just waiting on the official photos to launch the various store pages (my paraphrase, not exact quote). It's past 0700 for me (US Central, about noon Zulu) as I type.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Kanok

Postby Kanok » Wed Oct 20, 2021 15:45

Australia store has different photo of THQ, at least give some idea how it may be sold. But still have no idea how to connect to exciting NXi
https://vkb-sim.com.au/pages/vkb-extension-modules

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Oct 20, 2021 16:09

They could wait until 23:59 to go live. Not technically lying, but still messing with people. Lol.

But I am possessed with a peculiar sense of humor where I find such things funny.

maatz

Postby maatz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 16:23

Ha! Which brings to my attention that they never stated the year actually :-P Could also be 20th October 2022 ;-)

Return to “Official announcements”