Moderator: AdminGroup

ranjeybaby

Re: VKB TECS: MODULARITY FULL AHEAD

Postby ranjeybaby » Thu Mar 18, 2021 13:55

Should I order my fireworks soon? :wink:

WelshZeCorgi

Postby WelshZeCorgi » Fri Mar 19, 2021 17:07

Yeah, give us an exact date so we can get fresh fireworks. Wouldn't want to use stale, day old fireworks...

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 20:20

The only thing I could provide now is the contact information of a fast and reliable fireworks supplier :) For the rest I'm on my tippy toes too :)

spacenavy90

Postby spacenavy90 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:01

Around the 4th of July perhaps? Seems like a reasonable release time.

Jon_Snow

Postby Jon_Snow » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:16

I think that realistically we can expect release to be the earliest sometime in June and the latest October/November.

Most likely, August or early September

turbo_toni

Postby turbo_toni » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:43

Please take my money.

I'm desperate for this now as this Thrustmaster throttle is failing...
(¯`·.¸.--> turbo_toni

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42

Hello VKB Team,

Please let us know about your plan for throttle release, many of us can not wait for some info, part of us will not wait longer and buy other throttle, and then they will probably regret.
It is not good situation for both sides.

Thanks

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Mon Mar 29, 2021 18:56

Given VKB manages to innovate and produce such intelligently well designed products, I think they've got the smarts to work that out for themselves. I don't think you pointing it out to them is going to make the announcement any quicker. :wink:

After all, if the V1 T-50, T-50 CM1, T-50 CM2 and T-50 CM3 throttles didn't give them the hurry up then it's pretty obvious, VKB aren't scared of the competition. :lol:

They're VKB, they have the history and experience they do, they'll tell us when they're ready to tell us. :wink:

chwiejak

Postby chwiejak » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:19

Yes, you are right but..

exactly, this is the piont, when they will be ready?;)

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:48

I can tell you exactly when they'll be ready...
...when they are :lol:

miniDev

Postby miniDev » Wed Mar 31, 2021 18:17

It cost us nothing to ask for some info : the TECS was supposed to enter production phase at the end of January, so it can't that far from being available.
So they may be ok to give some update if that's a frequent request.

And I must say that not fearing the competition is ok, but ignoring it completely is a whole another thing.
They are quality competing products available (even with programmable detent if I'm not mistaken), so from a business perspective, it could be logical to keep feeding info to potential customers (in other to not lose them to competition).

I can wait a little more, but it wouldn't hurt me to have *some* news. Any news in fact :)

TrueWeevie

Postby TrueWeevie » Wed Mar 31, 2021 20:28

miniDev wrote:They are quality competing products available (even with programmable detent if I'm not mistaken),

Really? Colour me intrigued, which one exactly. I know the CM3's detents are just mechanical as are are the Wing Wing's detents (setting a point on an axis to trigger a button press doesn't count, that's hardly new).

The TECS electronic detent system seems like it will physically move the detent electronically. How VKB have implemented that is not known to us yet (some speculation of course).

Anyway, yep I get your frustration, I really do but having a few potential customers buy a CM3 is a price VKB are willing to pay to avoid giving a date that could end up being wrong. I get that too (especially given the history).

They're not going to change their minds just because a few people bug them about it on their forums. :wink:

miniDev

Postby miniDev » Wed Mar 31, 2021 21:15

TrueWeevie wrote:... detents are just mechanical as are are the Wing Wing's detents

I've seen a review with a view of the configuration software. Might I have misunderstood what «SET AFTERBURNER RATIO» do ?

miniDev

Postby miniDev » Wed Mar 31, 2021 21:29

miniDev wrote:I've seen a review with a view of the configuration software. Might I have misunderstood what «SET AFTERBURNER RATIO» do ?

After further investigation, I was wrong. It allows you to set which value you want the afterburner to be, but it does not physically move it. You'll still have to physically move the throttle to the fixed detent position. Sorry if I got your hopes up :)

So I'll have to wait. Hoping that the TECS will be awesome AND with good availability...

Coyote_One

Postby Coyote_One » Wed Mar 31, 2021 23:54

I'm holding out for this throttle system. I just received my new MCG Ultimate with the Mk. III base and if its anywhere near the incredible build quality of this, I'll be happy.

I refuse to buy Virpils throttle just because they charge $450 for detents. No thanks.

Cant wait to see what this looks like! Ill be ordering within the first hour of release! Probably Arc-Premium for me. :D

Another huge reason VKB is awesome is because they have great stock and product availability! I couldn't believe how fast I got my grip within less than 8 days from order to delivery.

Return to “Official announcements”