Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System (In Development)

Moderator: AdminGroup

aniron

Re: Unveiling the VKB TECS Throttle Control System

Postby aniron » Mon May 13, 2019 9:31

UIV wrote:Grips can connect to the Blackbox directly.
4-pins BUS connector
1 - GND
2 - Shield
3 - VCC
4 - Signal

On my blackbox, the BUS connector is 6-pin. The grips can only go on the connector where you would normally attach the Gunfighter?

I guess there would be issues attaching multiple grips to a single blackbox anyway...

UIV
Мастер

Postby UIV » Mon May 13, 2019 10:25

Your Blackbox also have 4-pins connector
6 pins "BUS" we plan to use for connecting the slave blackbox to the master blackbox

DawnWing

Postby DawnWing » Sat Jun 01, 2019 20:33

One and half years passed, come on guys, say something and post some pictures to shock us.
XD

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Jun 02, 2019 17:51

DawnWing wrote:say something and post some pictures to shock us
Sure we will, when we have something to say. We are on it, as well as on other things. Once Kosmosima is out this is the next big thing.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 17:50

I would like to see no buttons or switches behind the throttles, and this way extend the throttles sliding range to almost doubled range. And then have the right edge of the throttles with some buttons and switches, and this would make as well great reason and option to buy those extra button/switch boxes to rear and front (so separate what there is already now, as one box to be attached to rear).

Nothing would be as great as having a about 30cm worth of throttle sliding distance. Extreme accuracy, extreme controllability, and extreme usability.

Edit:
As today the VR is big big thing among combat flight pilots. It is minority who is owning VR, but reason for that was in last 3 years that VR setup was expensive as it required about 1000€ investment to the VR system (HMD + extra sensors + possible controllers) and then a beefy computer to run it (GTX 10 series cards from 1060 to 1080Ti, that costed 400-1500€ at the time). But today the whole thing has gone smaller and smaller. A very good Oculus Rift S costs 450€ and doesn't require external sensors so starting package is "affordable" (compared what it use to be) and because Oculus was smart and didn't push the resolution and panels to best possible ones, you can run the VR with far more affordable PC setups today and get great quality!

The big thing with VR is that you are blind to outside world (unless using the cameras in HMD) and big immersion creator is that you use the hand controllers to operate the cockpit so you don't bind all functions to HOTAS, but only minimal the real HOTAS functions.
So you are blindly using throttle and the throttle should stay away from the way of hands, and be very easy to use blindly.

Why a long throw of the throttle would be great, that throw distance been the full length of the throttle base box. And then add the couple button boxes to rear or front of it as needed, but so that throttle range doesn't suffer nor the VR use.

Stonehenge

Postby Stonehenge » Fri Jul 26, 2019 14:17

What would I have to do, to apply as a willing throttle tester now? I know.....it may take some time, but better too early than too late :wink:

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:45

No idea how long it would take. but pretty sure you've just applied now :))

MuHcOw

Postby MuHcOw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 16:26

MAN - I have been waiting for this release since, like YESTERDAY...
I'm not sure I can take it any longer :mrgreen: hehe
Last edited by MuHcOw on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:33, edited 1 time in total.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:29

VKB don't want to announce things early as people drool too much in anticipation, I know, I am one of them :lol:

but lets give them some room to breathe, so they can do what they do best!

zeddikus

Postby zeddikus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:21

Is a release and a sales launch in 2019 realistic and can one hope?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:12

zeddikus wrote:in 2019 realistic?

2019 - hardly.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Windmills

Postby Windmills » Tue Aug 06, 2019 22:55

Showing an update sooner rather than later, at least to show that its worth waiting for would be good. Your competitors currently offer a pretty feature rich option.

I'd like to wait and see what you guys bring out to compete, but holding off on upgrading for 6+ months for something I might not even like is unlikely.

ddrake1984

Postby ddrake1984 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:07

Rome wasn't built in a day

Fri13

Postby Fri13 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:23

I like the idea that the company that is participating to the customers when they are researching the features. Like when the VKB made query that how to place the "Pinky button" in MCG.
The companies can do the research and queries, it doesn't mean that they need to listen them! :-D

As the general rule of the consultation goes: Do not give what a client wants, only what a client needs.

Same way a company can gather new ideas and new functions that just someone or few might get. And this way get many problems solved in the future from selling "v2" version then later to "improve" things that should have been found in the prototyping phase.

It doesn't either mean that the company needs to update the consumers periodically or deeply. Just time to time do some updates that progress is being made, like "the device has gone through prototyping trials and production version design is getting done" kind update, and then inform when it is known by month when it is to be pre-orderable that it is so.

As when the possible customers are waiting, it is as well very nice toward them to give them information what the future product will be, as when consumers are on the market doing research for the product, they like to know what are their options so they can make plans what to buy.

Like me, I started to wait this and meanwhile I needed a new throttle as I didn't want anymore to use a G940 one as it wasn't sliding design. And then I found that TM 16.000 throttle is sliding one so I picked it up. Having my own reservation about the single throttle for two-engine aircrafts etc. So I paid for it a 45€ (a joystick and throttle special deal on black friday for 90€) and I was unhappy for its sliding function (sticky). But happy for the sliding design. So then I was sure I can upgrade to CH throttle with sliding, but my reservation was the short sliding distance and shape of the grip.

So what I really much like is the slider design over the tilting one, but my reservation for the distance in CH one was little out, as I quickly learned that I can slide the engine RPM in DCS: AV-8B N/A at 0.3% accuracy, what is good enough as I can set speed to 99.5% or 99.8% reliably. But it is not great for a air refueling kind formation flying where you are little tense with the throttle moving it back and forward constantly until you find the speed.

And that is what made me value a long throw of the G940 throttle, and I would really like to see a long travel slide design in VKB throttle as we use the throttle itself far more than any buttons at its base. We rest our hands on it and need to be able adjust the power accurately in various flight phases like take-off, landing, air refueling, formation flying, optimizing fuel economy etc with fighters, and then with helicopters we are more pumping the throttle up and down to get nicely adjusted altitude just above trees, hills etc or keep the steady flight altitude etc etc.
If we can add more panels to rear/front of the throttle to get extra buttons, dials, knobs etc. That is just bonus.

Uxi

Postby Uxi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 23:22

Definitely looking forward to this!

Return to “Official announcements”