Moderator: AdminGroup

ChapeL

Black Box Mk3 LED #1 blinking red

Postby ChapeL » Wed Apr 24, 2024 19:20

Greetings

My setup is as follows:

Right handed GF4 SCG -> A1 mini stick replaced with provided hat switch
Left Handed GF4 SCG -> stock config.
T-Rudder pedals mk5 I have yet to plug in.

All of these are plugged into a powered USB Hub that plugs into PC

Configuring and calibrating the left stick went without issue following this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KWjBe5UxSQ

Configuring the right stick however cannot proceed because upon plugging in the power the #1 LED on the right side of the black box blinks red. #2 is a solid green, #3 is off and the Sys LED blinks from blue to red intermittently.

The stick is well seated and secured on the base. I have tried changing USB ports and even changing black boxes ( have one spare since I have yet to configure the pedals) with the same results.

Do I have a beautifully engineered paperweight on my hands ? :(

fallout9

Re: Black Box Mk3 LED #1 blinking red

Postby fallout9 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09

Try to initialize it through software:
- run VKBDevCfg as Admin, select the device at the top and click the Default button under the Tools tab;
- after restart you'll get a popup asking to configure, click Yes;
- after another restart you can calibrate and afterwards there shouldn't be any flickering lights on the bb and the name of the grip should be properly displayed in VKBDevCfg.

ChapeL

Postby ChapeL » Thu Apr 25, 2024 15:36

After pressing the "Default" button the BB restarted and now the Sys LED blinks purple.(for the last 5 minutes) Nothing else lights up.

VKBDevcfg now shows VKBSim Gunfighter ??? XT2 v2.168 as the device name in the top window. It showed the correct name before I clicked "default".

----------

Update a few hours later: I decided to re-open the grip and proceed with a visual examination to assess if any damage had occurred when I swapped the mini stick with the hat switch. I found nothing visible. On a lark, I reinstalled the mini stick to see if the factory default setup would allow me to configure and calibrate in VKBDevCfg. Upon powering the device, the configurator asks me to configure the device which results in a Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro (It's an SCG). Going to the Test tab, I can only see measurements for the X axis. Same as yesterday. The Black Box Sys LED now blinks from Blue to red every 2 seconds and LED #1 is now a solid Yellow. LED #2 still holds at green.

https://imgur.com/a/lTIayas

Thanks for taking the time to help ! :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-25 152049.jpg

Delta

Postby Delta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40

That sounds as if the cable in the base is either not seated correctly or damaged.

ChapeL

Postby ChapeL » Fri Apr 26, 2024 16:51

Thank you sir (or Ma'am). Turns out the first cable we have to unplug when swapping cams got ever so slightly unseated when I fixed the base plate somehow. My expensive piece of engineering art is now a usable joystick ! :D

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 23:13

ChapeL wrote:My expensive piece of engineering art is now a usable joystick ! :D

Then surely there's still something wrong with it, it's supposed to be way more than that :)

Return to “Technical Support”