Gladiator NXT R + THQ: rot X & Y not accepting input

Moderator: AdminGroup

delta_lima

Gladiator NXT R + THQ: rot X & Y not accepting input

Postby delta_lima » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:24

Hello,

Up till a month ago, my Gladiator NXT R + THQ combo worked perfectly. All axis worked on the stick, and on the throttle quadrant, the left and middle levers (joined together) delivered throttle, with the right (mixture) bound worked perfectly in P3DV4 for Harrier nozzle control. POV hat and all buttons worked perfectly.

With my new PC, I reran the boot loader, then the config utility - followed all the steps as before and I found that I had no rot X / Y (right (mixture) input. The config utility found it, but showed no movement on the slider. I then checked on the windows joystick utility and it too, shows the X / Y Rotation axes - but shows them locked in the middle, jus like the VKB config utility. Have flashed and configured it multiple times, to no avail.

Seems like a hardware issue, if neither the Windows nor VKB software picks up those axes - any ideas as to how to proceed?

thanks,

dl

delta_lima

Re: Gladiator NXT R + THQ: rot X & Y not accepting input

Postby delta_lima » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:48

Hello - anyone at VKB able to help?

Delta

Postby Delta » Thu Apr 11, 2024 14:26

If you reset to default, it may be possible that those axes got assigned to the grip instead of the THQ. Do you have it configured exactly as you had before?

delta_lima

Postby delta_lima » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:47

Hi - thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand the question - but I changed from my old pc to a new one, so the old settings were lost.

That said, all 8 buttons on the throttle quadrant work, as do the left and middle levers. It's the right (mixture) that's not registering axis movement, even though the axis seems present.

Does that help explain the situation?

thx,

dl

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:05

Run VKBDevCfg, select the device at the top, click the Default button under the Tools tab, then click Yes to the configure popup and No to the calibrate popup. Click the Start Calibr button, move the joystick along pitch and roll, twist it, click the center push button of the ministick and when the smaller, round LED turns red move the ministick all around, push the mini-throttle up and down, move all 3 throttles on the THq; when done click End Calibr button.
If the axes are still inert in tester please post a screenshot of VKBDevCfg with the Profile/Axes/Physical and Logical Axes displayed.

Delta

Postby Delta » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:51

delta_lima wrote:
Delta wrote:If you reset to default, it may be possible that those axes got assigned to the grip instead of the THQ. Do you have it configured exactly as you had before?

Hi - thanks for the reply. Not sure I understand the question - but I changed from my old pc to a new one, so the old settings were lost.

That said, all 8 buttons on the throttle quadrant work, as do the left and middle levers. It's the right (mixture) that's not registering axis movement, even though the axis seems present.

Does that help explain the situation?

thx,

dl

With Rx/Ry reserved for the thumbstick (not sure if you are using that), it might have pushed the third lever out to axis
9, which would have to register as an additional device using the virtual controller feature.

delta_lima

Postby delta_lima » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:43

Hi,

I think my error is not rot X and Y, but rather Axis Z. rot X and Y control the left mini stick. Axis Z is not showing any movement, but pegged to the far left. As per @fallout, here's the screenshot:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 214000.png

does this help identify the issue.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34

Show Global-External and Profile-Axes tabs on the second VC. In your screenshot, not a single axis is calibrated.
VC2.jpg

delta_lima

Postby delta_lima » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:41

Hi - thanks for your patience and offer to help.

So I did a fresh bootload, calibration, etc. Still getting no movement on the third (rightmost) lever. Here's all global and profile tabs for both VC 1 and VC 2. VC 1 seems to be correct, not so with VC 2, from what I can see...

Screenshot 2024-04-16 213832.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 213722.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 213632.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 213814.png

thanks for any thoughts you have.

dl

Delta

Postby Delta » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26

Check En and Vs on logical axis 9. Also make sure to move the lever to both endpoints during calibration. That includes the mini-throttle on the stick base.

Return to “Technical Support”