VKB STECs moduel button change

Moderator: AdminGroup

KoN

VKB STECs moduel button change

Postby KoN » Thu Mar 28, 2024 17:36

So Ive change some of the buttons around , 5-way hats into single push button slot , but the new configuration is not picking up the new Buttons that Ive switched out 5-ways and 3-ways .
Do i do a reset in the VKB software or should these new buttons pick up new positions automatically. .
Ive got two 5-ways switches on the front of throttle one works fully , and the other not really working 5-way , only one press works .. ??? seems like a conflict .
Also my lock LED keeps flashing . ? red and green .
Attachments
stecs-button-map-v0-6iwhfuscy2ob1-331613439.jpg

Delta

Re: VKB STECs moduel button change

Postby Delta » Thu Mar 28, 2024 19:47

Take a look at the video instructions on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_mqZZexkNE

Both the grip and the base need to be reconfigured to recognize the updated button IDs. The instructions to do so are shown in the above video:
To reconfigure the grip, press the forward trigger of the right grip (should be under your middle finger when holding the throttle grip) and the ENT button on the forward side of the same grip (with your index finger) while powering up the throttle. That should take clear of the flashing ON and LOCK LEDs. Afterwards, reconfigure the base. Simple changes like a module swap can often be handled using the button combo seen in the video (dial to 3, then hold the red and grey buttons on the STECS base for a few seconds). If the change is more invasive, like adding or removing modules, a full default and recalibration may be necessary.

KoN

Re: VKB STECs moduel button change

Postby KoN » Thu Mar 28, 2024 20:29

Fantastic this worked for me Ive looking all day for this type of video . All new buttons work .
Amazing thank you Delta .

Return to “Technical Support”