Axis is randomly flickering without touching it

Moderator: AdminGroup

CameraTraveler

Axis is randomly flickering without touching it

Postby CameraTraveler » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:11

I just bought a left handed Omni NEXT EVO and when I tried to calibrate it for the first time, I noticed that the X Axis (Axis 1) will flicker a value saying it's moved quite a bit but for a split second. This happens anywhere from every 1 to 5 seconds. I'm also seeing a red LED light flicker briefly between the F1 and F2 buttons on the base. Not sure if it's related.

I've tried flashing it multiple times and reloading the firmware.
I've tried calibrating it multiple times.
I've tried unplugging and re-plugging in the internal wiring for both connectors inside the base of the stick.
I've even tried to disable to the X axis altogether using the VKBDevConfig software. Clicked "save" to create the new custom config file but still noticing the effects of the flicker in games.

(BTW I was able to get my right handed NEXT EVO calibrated and setup with no problems. Solid blue LED light between F1 and F3 buttons)

Are these the signs of bad hardware sensor and need to return the stick? Just bought it 2 weeks ago but already threw out the box so no return?

fallout9

Re: Axis is randomly flickering without touching it

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:30

Different things:
- axis jumping is probably coming from a EMI source nearby; move away from joysticks the router, modem, wifi extender, Alexa etc.
- red LED short flashing is indicating lack of calibration; follow the proper process of initialization and calibration from the indicated timestamp if the official guide.

CameraTraveler

Re: Axis is randomly flickering without touching it

Postby CameraTraveler » Mon Mar 25, 2024 18:03

Thank you! The flicker was indeed coming from my router or MiFi box. Both were just a foot away. I moved them down to the end of the table 3 feet away and not seeing any of the flickering.

Return to “Technical Support”